Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Byron Or O'donnell

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2004, 11:34 AM
Tech Adept

Default Byron Or O'donnell

Does any body know how much oil is in 20% O'DONNEL and how much in 30%. I'm looking for some 25% O'DONNELL but I can't find any in OHIO.
But I see in some mag's that O'DONNELL comes in 25%.
I know BYRON comes in 25% thanks Tone
Old 02-19-2004, 11:51 AM
Tech Regular

I heard O'Donnell was either 12% or 14% total oil, I can't remember which one it is though.
Old 02-19-2004, 11:58 AM
Tech Adept

Default fuels

Thanks, have you ever used Byron's?
Old 02-19-2004, 12:37 PM
afm
Tech Master

Default Re: fuels

Originally posted by tone
Thanks, have you ever used Byron's?
I used O'Donnell's 20% and then changed to Byrons' 20%. Both are exellent fuels, and didn't have to change carburation, just for precaution i did one idle tank on my engine with the new fuel before hitting the track.
AFM
Old 02-19-2004, 05:42 PM
Tech Elite

Default Byron Or O'donnell

Guys;

Never liked O'Donnell, aways made my Engines run hot.

For the last 4+ years I have been using 'Trinity' Power Blend in 20-30% (12% oil) and been conpletely happy with it.

That is until I borrowed some Mugen (Byron Fuel) 40% (8% oil) and ran it in my RB-V12. More power (obviously) and 20-30 F degrees LOWER engine temperatures at the same needle settings.
Old 02-19-2004, 06:09 PM
Tech Regular

I used O'donnel 20% in my Ofna Lx pro stock motor for about six months. Then one day I decided to use Maxi 20% . Only because I ran out of Odonnel's and it wasn't avialble locally.
I thought that my neddle settiings had changed. It seemed like it was running lean "fast" but temps were cooler than normal. I was normally running like 220 with O'donnels. Now I am running something like 210 with Maxi.

Odonnels is ok, but there are better fuels to try. I'm sticking with Maxi for the time being.

cheaper anyway.
Old 02-19-2004, 08:02 PM
Tech Regular

I have run byron and been very happy with the performance...Never had the chance to try odonnell
Old 02-19-2004, 08:18 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I love O'D fuels. Its supposed to not prevent corrosion inside the engine. Im not sure exactly what its go that does it, but ive never liked anything better. I tried the Byrons last year and it smells good ran fine, But my flavor will always be O'Donnel.
Old 02-19-2004, 09:27 PM
Tech Apprentice

I used to only run O'donnel, but Byrons runs cooler for me. I have been running a gallon of Sidewinder that I bought at the track and I like it better than the O'donnel.
Old 02-20-2004, 03:26 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by snoopy
I have run byron and been very happy with the performance...Never had the chance to try odonnell
Who imports Byron in OZ and where do you get your fuel from?
Old 02-20-2004, 05:14 AM
Tech Regular

Default Byron

i used byron....it's an awesome fuel....but the castor is a bit to the thicker side, some may not like it but it's ok to me, the lubricaton is sufficient and i have never worry for my engine.
Old 02-20-2004, 05:26 AM
Tech Apprentice

I've used O'donnell, Trinity and Byron.
All three are good.
Out of the 3, I like Byron's fuel the best.
Trinity would be my second choice.
O'donnell is good, but it leaves that yellow residue.
Old 02-20-2004, 07:42 AM
Tech Adept

Cool Bryon - o'donnell

I think i might go back to Bryon, I loved O'Donnell in my 12 and in my 21 motors my car ran very good with low temps but i want 25% so it's looking like i'm going back to Bryon's.
I ran it about 2years ago but the hobby store stopped sell it.
But i see i can get a case from Bryon for about $103 shipped thats not bad at all.
It's GOOD too see that so many racers say good stuff about Bryon. Thanks Tone
Old 06-05-2005, 09:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I KNOW this is an old thread, but I have a question about Byron Fuels.

Is Byron and Mugen fuel the same? They have the same bottle and percentage stickers on their bottles.

Also, does Byron use an inner cap or foil underneath their bottle caps? I ask because I purchased a new gallon of 30% yesterday and all it had was the main cap.
Old 06-05-2005, 01:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I think I hate odonnel. I wanted to try it for the longest time. Well upon using it im not overly impressed.

Also it stains everything. All my fuel tubing , my exhaust gaskets and even the side of my nitro cars stickers have all turned yellow.

Just for that fact im probably going to move on. Powerwise and tuning wise its hard to tell. It ran fine in my cv-r which is easy to run. The other problem with odonnel is it seems to foam a bit more. I believe BT had some stuff to stop that. Id say BT is smart but it just doesnt make the power the others do.

Someone above said they tried maxi? Im guessing maxys fuel. I think thats next on the list for me.

I dont think my store even carries byrons. We just have jacs , omega , maxys , white lightning and blue thunder.

If anyone could give me some suggestions on those that would be great. Anyone who has tried a few.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.