Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Opinions/Thoughts on potential touring car layout? >

Opinions/Thoughts on potential touring car layout?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Opinions/Thoughts on potential touring car layout?

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2009, 11:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Take a look at the Xray FOC (freedom of choice). Battery placement choices aplenty there.

I would imagine it would be better to rotate your batteries 180 so that your driveline can go down the center, yet still have them in the rear close to the center like you want. You could then also use a belt design.
Old 10-28-2009, 11:27 AM
Tech Fanatic

Re: OP's original design, have a look at the new Yokomo Drift chassis, the D-Max:

Thats designed to be loose on the rear to slide well, so you can imagine the chassis has a very forwards weight bias, even more so with LiPo cells.

If I was doing a chassis now, I'd take the Losi Street Weapon and make it double deck carbon fibre with 'optimized' suspension....
Old 10-29-2009, 09:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

I don't have a problem with a belt system. But I like the shaft drive better. The big thing about belts is that all the touring cars are using them now.. and I want to make a touring car that is different and innovative..and I think I would have a hard to doing that with a belt drive.. I'm already having a hard time doing that with shaft drive. Those last pictured of the new drift car.. make me worry that my layout would be too loose. It looks like it would be alittle bit difficult to move the motor backwards with out increasing the center driveshaft angles to an ineffecient degree.

Ethan
Team Kassanova