BRCA Go Open Lipo @ 1350g for Mod

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2009, 05:53 AM
Tech Addict

he's my brother lol
Old 10-29-2009, 06:38 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by academygaz
''The BRCA'' are the drivers that take part in the BRCA National championship, both sponsored (minority) and non-sponsored (majority). If it wasn't a popular idea, it wouldn't have gotten proposed (by the drivers) in the first place, and voted in favour of (by the drivers).

Also, the rules only affect the BRCA Touring Car nationals, and the BRCA Juniors. Any local club can run to whatever weight they want, as can any championship without 'BRCA' in the title (like STCC, TORC, BTCC etc). If they decide to follow BRCA rules, aim your moans at that championship or club, not the BRCA.

Championships Follow BRCA rulez It might be a Popular idea by the Top Sponsored Drivers but effects someone Like me (average Joe LOL)
Anyways I was thinking about Those Juniors you mentioned but never mind!

P.s @CHAMP
Congratulations on your new baby...
Old 10-29-2009, 07:00 AM
Tech Addict

I don't get it....

Why are people still complaining?
It's been voted in by the RACERS who bothered to attend the agm

It's not going to be changing until next autumn now anyway (if a change was proposed and voted for at the agm)

So let's all get on with what counts.... The racing
Old 10-29-2009, 07:05 AM
Tech Apprentice

Alot of you seem to be overcome by the "physicological" impact of the new weight limit. We are removing 150g not 150ton. 1350g is a limit, not a target. My T2 009 (balanced, left and right) weights in at 1368g. I don't think that i'm going to loose much sleep over the fact that some other cars are 1350g deed on. I'm just happy enough that all those crappy weights have come off and made the cars, all cars, a more asthetically pleaseing to look at.
Old 10-29-2009, 07:14 AM
Suspended

I wonder, are you a member of Passion Ford?
Old 10-29-2009, 08:26 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by yokemad
Championships Follow BRCA rulez It might be a Popular idea by the Top Sponsored Drivers but effects someone Like me (average Joe LOL)
Anyways I was thinking about Those Juniors you mentioned but never mind!

P.s @CHAMP
Congratulations on your new baby...
I'll explain it simpler.... your problem is NOT with the BRCA then, or with the members. Its with whatever regional championship or local club you race with. Just because they choose to align their rules with the BRCA Nationals rules, doesn't mean they can't do what they want with weight etc. Take my local club for example, they allows LiPo in 2006, and brushless in 2004 as its what the racers wanted. If you don't agree with the new rules of your championship, then complain to the championship organisers.

If you're a BRCA member, then you have the right to vote against any such rule that you don't like. Doesn't matter if you make the Worlds A-final or the Local Windows Trophy Series Z-Final, its one member = one vote. Its called democracy.

Can't make it to be there in person? Well, sorry, you don't have the right to bellyache about it during the days/weeks after, because your fellow drivers (both skilled and unskilled, sponsored and unsponsored, of which there was an equal amount I gather) chose to vote for that rule change.

Its already been pointed out (repeatedly) that the vast majority of chassis on the market will have no trouble getting near the new minimum weight.

If you don't like it, find a class you do like.
Old 10-29-2009, 09:13 AM
Tech Master

easy mate
why are you tempered like that ?
chillpillls !!!
You should manage your anger first
this is friendly talk not a fight you don't need to be that defensive ...
ok 1350 grams cool ...I've changed my mind...LOL
happy days

Last edited by yokemad; 10-29-2009 at 09:29 AM.
Old 10-29-2009, 10:48 AM
Tech Master

lol
Old 10-30-2009, 11:45 AM
Tech Adept

Rubbish, whatever level it is most places tend to take on board whatever the BRCA do.

Passing the buck much.
Old 10-31-2009, 05:40 PM
Tech Regular

I drive a T2 009 in 13.5, I would like to know how every one checks there car is balanced left to right. What methods do you use. I have a set of 4 digital scales that I use to check corner weights... is this what every one uses ???
Old 10-31-2009, 06:03 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Luke Hobson
he's my brother lol
Would I be correct in assuming that, he ain't heavy....because he's your brother..
Old 11-01-2009, 12:58 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by FLAT OUT
I drive a T2 009 in 13.5, I would like to know how every one checks there car is balanced left to right. What methods do you use. I have a set of 4 digital scales that I use to check corner weights... is this what every one uses ???
Better to use the balancing nails on the front and rear ends. With scales you will need a perfectly balanced surface and even with that, the loads that the tires put on the scales is still not 100% exact due to tolerances in spring tension and adjustment. Just too much hassle IMHO.
Old 11-01-2009, 01:23 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by cyanyde
Better to use the balancing nails on the front and rear ends. With scales you will need a perfectly balanced surface and even with that, the loads that the tires put on the scales is still not 100% exact due to tolerances in spring tension and adjustment. Just too much hassle IMHO.
When you use the balancing pins,can you get the car to sit on them and not fall either side. I find it really difficult
Old 11-01-2009, 01:43 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by FLAT OUT
When you use the balancing pins,can you get the car to sit on them and not fall either side. I find it really difficult
That's the point!

When the car is perfectly balanced L/R, it won't topple.

The scales are an equally good way, as long as you have confidence in the accuracy of the scales and the level-ness of the surface.

To work out your L/R weight distribution, sum the weights on the LF and LR wheels, and sum the weights on the RF and RR wheels. These weights will be constant regardless of tweak, so you can place your weights to get even sums on each side.

You also need to pay attention to the front axle sum and the rear axle sum to maintain the correct F/R weight distribution.

Then use the spring collars to set the tweak, trying to get the LF/LR and RF/RR weights as even as possible. With a well balanced car you should only require small tweak adjustments, if you need to go more than a couple of turns on a collar then you should probably rethink your static weight distribution.
Old 11-01-2009, 03:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 109 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ritchie T
Amend Rule – 6.7
6.7 The minimum weight, including personal transponders but not handout
transponders: 4WD 6-cell/LiPo = 1350g, 4WD 5-cell = 1425g, 4WD 4-cell =
1350g
, Front wheel drive/2WD = 1400g.
Thinking behind proposal
Adding 150-200 Grams of Lead weight is not good and relatively expensive.
No special lightweight parts will be needed to hit this weight limit.
1 NiMH cell weighs 69-72 grams.

What a joke...

I just ripped all the weights off my car and its 1390g, to get it balanced left to right its 1418g.

"Adding 150-200 Grams of Lead weight is not good and relatively expensive.
No special lightweight parts will be needed to hit this weight limit."

Ill tell you whats more expensive - low profile servo, titatnium screws and ball joints to get nearer to 1350g...

Rediculous.
is anyone running the 4 cell setup in their tc? how's it working out and do you have any pictures?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.