Search

Are Xray touring cars worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2009, 05:53 PM
-J-
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)
Default Are Xray touring cars worth it?

I'm looking to get a touring car. I like quality kits, almost to a fault, which xray seems to be extremely high quality, but are they worth the extra $115 dollars over say a TOP Photon. Are they faster? Higher quality? More reliable and durable? All of those, none of those? Appreciate the help.
Old 10-25-2009, 05:55 PM
Tech Elite

Xray's do seem to have as close as you can get to bullet proof build quality and parts, I've only replaced a couple of bits all year.

As for whether that makes them worth the extra, well, that's for you to decide

Skiddins
Old 10-25-2009, 05:59 PM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

as some1 who's built them more than he's had the chance to race them (save for a lotta time with m18-another fine example from the company)...they are. simply put.

R
Old 10-25-2009, 06:01 PM
-J-
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Skiddins
Xray's do seem to have as close as you can get to bullet proof build quality and parts, I've only replaced a couple of bits all year.

As for whether that makes them worth the extra, well, that's for you to decide

Skiddins
Thanks Skiddins. I should've worded the question better. If it's a higher quality chassis, then it's worth it to me. If it's a bunch of hype, then not so much.

Still looking to hear what others have to say.
Old 10-25-2009, 06:05 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I tell you, I have never had an xray but have ran alot of different cars and the Robitronic avid is awesome. Quality is excellent very well thought out great fit and finish. I had my reservations at first but its a great value, plus you get extra tuning parts in the kit so you dont have to buy them. It handles great! Truely a world class car.
Old 10-25-2009, 06:07 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by -J-
Thanks Skiddins. I should've worded the question better. If it's a higher quality chassis, then it's worth it to me. If it's a bunch of hype, then not so much.

Still looking to hear what others have to say.
I always tell people it depends on what type of track you run on, if it is hard on cars, you will save money in broken parts and frustration in a matter of weeks by running an Xray.

If you have a track thats easy on cars, then its a closer comparison, the bonus is that the Xray kit setup will generally have you 95% there at any track, and the car is really consistent.
Old 10-25-2009, 06:11 PM
-J-
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Besercoe
I always tell people it depends on what type of track you run on, if it is hard on cars, you will save money in broken parts and frustration in a matter of weeks by running an Xray.

If you have a track thats easy on cars, then its a closer comparison, the bonus is that the Xray kit setup will generally have you 95% there at any track, and the car is really consistent.
The track I run on is asphalt and PVC pipe so durability is a must. Good kit setup and good consistency are also great.

Keep it coming guys.
Old 10-25-2009, 06:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 147 (99%+)

Yes !
Old 10-25-2009, 06:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Soundstream
I tell you, I have never had an xray but have ran alot of different cars and the Robitronic avid is awesome. Quality is excellent very well thought out great fit and finish. I had my reservations at first but its a great value, plus you get extra tuning parts in the kit so you dont have to buy them. It handles great! Truely a world class car.
They stopped production on this chassis.

I have owned many Xrays although I am not running one now but yes they are worth it.
Old 10-25-2009, 06:47 PM
Tech Master

Old 10-25-2009, 06:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

XRay kits are very high quality. Whether they are worth the price is up to the individual. If you want something cheaper than a Photon, you can look at the XRay T2R Pro. Same XRay quality, just a frp chassis which is very good for rubber tire, and has cheap bones which can be easily upgraded. Only $275 at Nexus. Uses all the same parts/hop ups as a 009.
Old 10-25-2009, 07:18 PM
-J-
Tech Regular

Appreciate all the input guys. I like getting good stuff from the get-go, and then not having to buy again in the near future.

Anybody else?
Old 10-25-2009, 07:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Durable. Easy to set-up. Great parts support. Perfect fit and finish.

They are worth it.
Old 10-25-2009, 07:36 PM
Tech Master

The t2009 is the best car I've had so far. Durable and quick to setup for any track. 1/2 of what you need for setup is included in the kit. A couple of springs and swaybars options completes it. In a year of driving it 2-3 times a week, all I've had to replace are a few rear belts and 1 front belt. A couple of knuckles and front drive cups too but that was due to hard crashes.

As for its handling, I feel it just needs a little more steering from stock setup.

I'm considering replacing it with the T3 now but lack of parts support in my area may change my choice.
Old 10-25-2009, 07:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

get the 009 or wait for the t3 or buy a used kit

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.