Wiki Posts
Search

Nitro fuel help ><

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2009, 03:21 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Nitro fuel help ><

Hi i am new to nitro cars and need help with what fuel to use, i recently purchased a new engine (needs to be broken in) Orion CRF .12 2008 engine and as i saw online wondering what is the meanings as stated on nitro fuel such as 16%,25%,36% ><. oh and 1 more thing for glow plugs i wondering whats the difference cold, medium and hot.

Thank you
Old 10-25-2009, 04:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TsengJ
Hi i am new to nitro cars and need help with what fuel to use, i recently purchased a new engine (needs to be broken in) Orion CRF .12 2008 engine and as i saw online wondering what is the meanings as stated on nitro fuel such as 16%,25%,36% ><. oh and 1 more thing for glow plugs i wondering whats the difference cold, medium and hot.

Thank you
your fuel will run a nitro content of say 16% the rest is made up of oil and methonal usually 5% and 5% and 74% depends on brand some fuel may not be exact thats why its important to get a reputable fuel brand, the higher the nitro the more power you get, 16% is usually for .12 engines and 20-25% is for .21 and up, the plugs will have either a cold element up to ultra hot which is used depending on the engine and air conditions and also factory recommendations on all of the above.
cheers
Old 10-25-2009, 06:09 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

ah thats what there mean, so for my .12 engine for best result i should be using 16% nitro. thanks for your response ^^
Old 10-25-2009, 07:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by TsengJ
ah thats what there mean, so for my .12 engine for best result i should be using 16% nitro. thanks for your response ^^
use plug 6 to be safe for 16% nitro in Australia.