Novak Kinetic

Old 06-01-2010, 01:52 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Tubaboy
Novak is going to have to do something to convince me to come back.Paul
Same here, they better hurry up, the playing field is levelling up real fast, Tekin, LRP, SP/HW, CC are all fast in the right hands. I hope the delay is to add more grunt to the CPU (and hence some new tuning options or wider ranges compared to the others). Not to respin a fault that was found in the first production units.
Old 07-09-2010, 07:55 AM
Company Representative

Default Some Kinetic Updates.....

We have added a small photo of our upcoming Kinetic 1S esc showing the RX pack harness that we install:

Novak Kinetic 1S Speed Control

...(Kinetic 1S) is also wired for use with a 2S Li-Po receiver battery pack. Not only are these 2S receiver packs lightweight and easy to mount, but they also ensure the best possible radio performance – a great benefit to using the specialized Kinetic 1S.
We also decided not to offer the Kinetic 2S/Ballistic 540 Systems with the 3.5 and 4.5 wind motor options.

*Advanced motor timing must not be used for 3.5 to 5.5-turn 540-sized motors
Old 07-09-2010, 08:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

How much longer is it until we see the 2S version released ?
Old 07-09-2010, 08:10 AM
Company Representative

Originally Posted by B4james
How much longer is it until we see the 2S version released ?
End of this month.
Old 07-09-2010, 08:46 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by NovakTwo
End of this month.
Looks great!

Curious, have any of your team drivers tested this speedo yet??
Old 07-09-2010, 09:52 AM
Company Representative

Originally Posted by Jeremy Otis
Looks great!

Curious, have any of your team drivers tested this speedo yet??
We have been BETA testing this Kinetic for (what seems like) years now.....

We have been working with a variety of testers---some team and some not.
Old 07-09-2010, 02:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

As a Tekin user I must say your user interface looks really nice and informative. I have a few questions:
  1. I see you have an ESC temp protection radio button, will you also have a motor temp button? If so, it would be nice to be able to set the temp cutoff levels for the motor.
  2. I see on the advanced screen you have a chart showing motor and ESC temps (NICE!). I see there are 17 samples. How far apart are these samples? Are they configurable?
  3. Is there any additional equipment needed to measure the motor temps? Or will the ESC do that through the sensor wire?
  4. What is Independent Drag Break, as opposed to regular drag break?
  5. With the "stock spec" versions of ESCs coming out, will there be a different version of software or just a radio button to change the ESC to "stock spec"?

Thanks!
Old 07-09-2010, 02:28 PM
Company Representative

Originally Posted by PitNamedGordie
As a Tekin user I must say your user interface looks really nice and informative. I have a few questions:
  1. I see you have an ESC temp protection radio button, will you also have a motor temp button? If so, it would be nice to be able to set the temp cutoff levels for the motor.
    No, our earlier attempts to protect the racing motors from overheating were not acceptable to racers. Maybe a later version of the software can offer additional options.

2. I see on the advanced screen you have a chart showing motor and ESC temps (NICE!). I see there are 17 samples. How far apart are these samples? Are they configurable?
    Sorry, contact-- [email protected]

3. Is there any additional equipment needed to measure the motor temps? Or will the ESC do that through the sensor wire?
    No additional equipment necessary.

4. What is Independent Drag Break, as opposed to regular drag break?
    Sorry, contact-- [email protected]

5. With the "stock spec" versions of ESCs coming out, will there be a different version of software or just a radio button to change the ESC to "stock spec"?
    There is no need for a "Stock Spec" Kinetic. Our Havoc Pro SC (on board timing adjustments, only) is aimed at those events for which high timing/boost is not required.

We are offering a Kinetic 1S optimized and wired for single cell racing

Thanks!
Once we begin shipping, we will have a forum thread for specific questions about the Kinetics and Nova Link; and, we will be developing a FAQ section on our web site. We will be uploading our Kinetic instructions---probably next week
Old 07-09-2010, 03:01 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by NovakTwo
Once we begin shipping, we will have a forum thread for specific questions about the Kinetics and Nova Link; and, we will be developing a FAQ section on our web site. We will be uploading our Kinetic instructions---probably next week
Thanks for you answers. I wish the Kinetic offered a "stock spec" profile. I like the idea of one ESC to meet all needs. There will be times I may need to switch between the two, depending on car type/class. Your product and interface look real good though. Good luck...
Old 07-09-2010, 03:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

That may be offered eventually with a separate firmware/profile, I know I've heard Tekin is doing the same for some spec classes, I wouldn't be surprised if Novak will do the same at some point.
Old 07-09-2010, 04:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

I really like how the interface looks. It's more techy looking. The other popular brand (while very freakin fast) has always felt kiddish. I may have to dust off the orange flag and fly it again.
Old 07-09-2010, 04:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

I'm very impressed with the GUI. It looks very user friendly. In addition, it has explanation to each feature. Amazing! This probably will be my next speedo .
Old 07-09-2010, 05:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Thank god... It's been a long wait! I saw the kinetic at the reedy race it's seems like it's really smooth but tekin still got the edge on top/bottom end.. I'm hoping they got this one fix and it will be up par with tekin or better...
Old 07-10-2010, 12:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PitNamedGordie
Thanks for you answers. I wish the Kinetic offered a "stock spec" profile. I like the idea of one ESC to meet all needs. There will be times I may need to switch between the two, depending on car type/class. Your product and interface look real good though. Good luck...
There is already built into the inital software a "stock spec" setting and it is approved by ROAR as well.
Old 07-10-2010, 06:19 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rocketron
There is already built into the inital software a "stock spec" setting and it is approved by ROAR as well.
Actually that's not true. Reread NovakTwo's response to my questions. There will not be a stock spec software for the Kinetic. These are the only Novak Sportman ESCs per ROAR:
  • Novak GTB
  • Novak GTB Spectrum
  • Novak Slyder Drift
  • Novak Havoc 1 Cell
  • Novak Havoc Sport
  • Novak Havoc Pro

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.