Wiki Posts
Search

Orion 19T element

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2004, 12:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 162 (100%+)
Default Orion 19T element

Has anyone used these motors for 19t racing? I am looking into getting one, and was wondering if i could just buy the arm and put it in the 27t can? I am using this in 1/10 electric truck and was just seeing if anyone has used em and what performance you got out of them with brushes, and what brush spring combo seems to work the best. Thanks Brian.
Old 02-16-2004, 04:14 PM
Tech Addict

putting a 19 turn arm in a stock motor can would be illegal according to the roar rules...
Old 02-16-2004, 04:40 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks for the reply. So i am just better off buying the whole motor i guess. Anybody else with some setup tips, pm if you dont want to post them ... or just post them.
Old 02-17-2004, 07:15 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

I have owned the equivalent Peak Performance motor called the Dynasty. These are exactly the same motor just under different labels.

The motor out of the box is very torquey. Really great motor for truck or 4wd touring but won't have as much top end as other motors.

My configuration I ran it with in stadium truck ( T4 ) was reedy 767 brushes all around and purple springs on the positive, red on the negative. You can also try running the 766 brush instead all around or just on the negative side to get less wear.

If you haven't bought a motor yet, you may want to look into the Reedy 19T Quad Mag motor. I have this motor, and it probably is the bet 19T motor out there now. My LHS owner usually runs the Dynasty in touring and I lent it to him, and after doing alittle gearing adjustment ( this motor is geared very different than other 19T motors ) he was really impressed, and it takes a lot to impress him.

you can get this motor at www.roadragehobbies.com for $34.99 shipped. It may not be listed but email them and they do have it. This is where I got my motor from. Make sure to configure it the same way as I mentioned for the Dynasty.

One thing, if you are going to get this motor, you will have to gear differently than you would with a normal 19T motor. so lets say you have a T4 and it is recommended to start at 19 tooth pinion for gearing, you should actually start about 2 teeth higher than the stock motor gearing recommendation, so about a 22 tooth and you may even want to go up even more. My LHS owner actually went up 8 teeth on his touring car ( 64 pitch pinions ) to get the right gearing.

So, I say get the Quad Mag, if not, the Dynasty / Element is the next best choice.
Old 02-17-2004, 01:53 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks Cain. I was reading the other 19t forum you got goin there. I seen what you were talking about and appreciate the suggestions.