Wiki Posts
Search

XRAY T3

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2009, 08:42 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 208 (100%+)

Originally Posted by madwestmo
I think you will find that it is quite true , Elliot Harper is his name and he from peterborough in the UK , he drives for Xray , I didnt see the car myself , i know he has a prototype of it , and it was all black parts and shaft drive , he also said he had used it briefly in testing and didnt like it compared to his 009
Oh good you have confirmed the car from hear-say. Great way to spread true rumors
Old 10-10-2009, 08:58 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

http://www.rctech.net/forum/6371437-post38.html

See I told you this already back to Sep21 while I read Xray article about their work in progress...
Old 10-10-2009, 09:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I hope they get rid of those plastic shocks
Old 10-10-2009, 10:26 AM
Tech Master

I don't think so
people are happy to use those plastic shocks !
Old 10-10-2009, 10:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hanulec
I'm excited to hear officially that the new car is coming out.. but I know the T2'008/009 are still solid race cars. I don't think I'll ever part with my '008.
I agree with you. I'll be looking for a T2'008/009 blowout to pick up a second car.
Old 10-10-2009, 11:28 AM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FOXY923
Are you sure it wasn't an M18 you were looking at
LMAO!

another note, SD is actually more efficient in many circles. however torque steer is a bear at these higher spd.

R
Old 10-10-2009, 11:36 AM
Tech Regular

Why are we all questioning Drews and Robbies statements? They are factory drivers, i repeat FACTORY DRIVERS. This means that they are usually the first to get all the info on a new car, and you guys are sitting here telling them they dont know what they are talking about?
Old 10-10-2009, 11:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by madwestmo
well that is america and europe get the xray stuff before you guys do and i can ASSURE you it will be shaft drive
I think Paul and Ralph would get the car first since they are XRays top two drivers, it shouldn't matter what country they are in.
If it's shaft drive I'll kiss your ass! As I can ASSURE you it is NOT!!! I am getting ready to go look at it in 30 minutes to make sure! And if Drew ok's it I might take a picture, it may not be completely built, but I'll make sure I get a pic of the BELTS for you!
Old 10-10-2009, 12:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chensleyrc1
I think Paul and Ralph would get the car first since they are XRays top two drivers
Old 10-10-2009, 12:49 PM
Tech Champion

Paul did not run the new car for several reasons. The track we were racing on is very unique and the setups there are sensitive to even the finest adjustments. The T3 that Paul received had been driven and tested by Juraj and Martin Hudy at their facility and simply was not fresh enough for a National event, so he opted to run the car he was comfortable with and more familiar with. I think it was a wise decision as it obviously worked out well for him.

I did not take a picture for obvious reasons. The car was kept out of sight for most of the weekend most likely to avoid someone sneaking a pic. Kinda like when a full size auto manufacturer goes to test their new models, they try to avoid and trick the camera for any spy photos that may be taken.

Anyway, although it really makes no difference the anodizing was kinda mis-matched on that car so I don't know what they'll end up going with there. Shocks were plastic on Paul's car, which is fine with me because that's less weight and I've never had an issue with them not being smooth enough. I kinda envy Drew because he has his car already! lol

Chensley - Thanks! I still catch myself smiling over it every now and then, so it's still setting in. Definitely a day I'll never forget.
Old 10-10-2009, 01:24 PM
Tech Elite

I knew that was very special for you Robbie. I caught on to that sitting next to you at the carpet nats. You wanted to win there so bad. Thanks for the help that weekend, I learned a lot sitting with the team that weekend.

And for everyone else, no pictures, but I did see BELTS and PULLEYS and some nice new changes and features. Can't go into them until ok'd. I will say this much Drews kit was in a bag with no instructions, I couldn't imagine trying to build a new platform without them. When I left he had the bulkheads mounted to the chassis, can't wait to see more tomorrow. And I can't wait till I can get one!
Old 10-10-2009, 01:28 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by kentech
What's that about?
Old 10-10-2009, 01:42 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chensleyrc1
I will say this much Drews kit was in a bag with no instructions, I couldn't imagine trying to build a new platform without them. When I left he had the bulkheads mounted to the chassis, can't wait to see more tomorrow. And I can't wait till I can get one!
I think it would be funny if he misassembled it and found out it was better then the intended design. That would be a head slapper moment.
Old 10-10-2009, 03:51 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 208 (100%+)

I saw the car today and it is a refined car. Some new design changes to the bulkheads and upper deck. I think some of the changes in the car are great. The unit I saw was the colour of wining And it had belts
Old 10-10-2009, 04:00 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dodgeguy
I saw the car today and it is a refined car. Some new design changes to the bulkheads and upper deck. I think some of the changes in the car are great. The unit I saw was the colour of wining And it had belts
Were there any significant layout changes? Or is it still batts on one side electrics on the other?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.