Search

XRAY T3

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2010, 11:14 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PinoyCali
Sorry im new to onroad
Go to the Xray website and look at the several setups for various asphalt or carpet track conditions. That should fully answer your questions. Xray has an excellent website.

Or, just use the 350# shock oil that comes in the kit to get the car running.

Bill
Old 08-26-2010, 12:22 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default 3Racing gear dif

For those that may be interested the 3Racing diff for the Sakura does NOT actually fit the T3 directly though it is implied on the website that it does. The inside diameter of the outdrives are too small for the Xray axles, both the spring steel and aluminum ones. I had to use a grinding bit and dremel out the cups so that the axles would slide in and out. Also the 50mm axles are required, which may have already been said. With the stock track width there was binding in the rear suspension using the 52mm aluminum axles but almost none in the front using the 52mm spring steel axles. I could probably add 1mm shims on the suspension holders to slightly increase the track width which would fix the binding, but the would put my track width at 191mm. Also the included 3Racing 38t pulley is larger in diameter than an Xray 38t pulley. You have you use the upper diff mount setting or it will rub the chassis. Even with the included shims there is still a small amount of play side to side, but just a mm or two.
Having said all that, the quality of the parts are nice. Everything fit together easily with tight tolerances. No sanding trying to get something to fit. No leaking and I used a light weight diff fluid for the rear diff. They were smooth from the start and were like butter after a minute or two of running the car on the bench.
Old 08-26-2010, 10:59 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Still Bill
Go to the Xray website and look at the several setups for various asphalt or carpet track conditions. That should fully answer your questions. Xray has an excellent website.

Or, just use the 350# shock oil that comes in the kit to get the car running.

Bill
Thanks Bill
Old 08-27-2010, 05:30 PM
Tech Addict

Well... I got my first kit today and it's starting to get built. I'm happy to be on the team and I can't wait to get the car finished and on the track!
Old 08-27-2010, 05:52 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Mini-Mod
Well... I got my first kit today and it's starting to get built. I'm happy to be on the team and I can't wait to get the car finished and on the track!
Wow! This is absolutely HUGE! Welcome to the fold kiddo. Upcoming World Champion for sure.

Remember to share...LOL

Bill
Old 08-27-2010, 05:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

OMG how I would like to be a fly on the wall at Norcal Welcome to the ride!!!

Last edited by Fred Hubbard; 08-27-2010 at 06:05 PM.
Old 08-27-2010, 06:09 PM
Tech Addict

Thanks guys!
Old 08-27-2010, 06:22 PM
Tech Champion

Thanks guys!
Will you be at NorCal on Sunday?
Old 08-27-2010, 06:34 PM
The Evicerator

Good luck with the new ride MiniMod!
Old 08-27-2010, 07:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (98%+)

How in the world were some of u able to balance the car not only left to right but front to back? I had to add 60 grams & I don't like how it looks because I had to use lead tire weights because I can't use any of the XRAY weights I have. Its balanced left to right using the XRAY balancing pins but when I put it on the tweak board it seems to be off because of the weight added. I'd like to see some pics of a completely balanced car. My car is at 1420 grams (roar rules). I'll try to upload a pic tomorrow.
Old 08-27-2010, 07:38 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gonzo416
How in the world were some of u able to balance the car not only left to right but front to back? I had to add 60 grams & I don't like how it looks because I had to use lead tire weights because I can't use any of the XRAY weights I have. Its balanced left to right using the XRAY balancing pins but when I put it on the tweak board it seems to be off because of the weight added. I'd like to see some pics of a completely balanced car. My car is at 1420 grams (roar rules). I'll try to upload a pic tomorrow.
balance is often driven by your electronics and their placement. what u running??
Old 08-27-2010, 07:38 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

welcome aboard... are you going to be able to make IIC???
Old 08-27-2010, 07:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (98%+)

Originally Posted by hanulec
balance is often driven by your electronics and their placement. what u running??
Will u b at Madness tomorrow?
Old 08-27-2010, 08:00 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Will u b at Madness tomorrow?
for sure! i got a bunch of cars ready to continue testing with. i hope we can get bite up nice and high. if you've able to stop down it would be great. i'll be there saturday and sunday for as long (and as late) as they let me
Old 08-27-2010, 08:20 PM
Tech Champion

Mike,

Three low GC Hudy balancing weights (12gms each) are fitted into the three back battery slots. No other weights needed at this time.

My lipo placement is probably a tad different from what most are doing. I modify two NIMH battery kit parts to achieve this placement. Can show you on Sunday at NorCal.

Motor spaced fairly far forward using larger sized combinations of pinions and spurs. Helps get significant weight to front end. Very light fan behind motor.

RS ESC and KO receiver are placed inward. These two components give me side-to-side balancing by their placement

Full-sized JR9000 servo (for weight at the light corner) with AMB transponder on top.

High density bumper. Adds a little weight to front end.

And my "patented" 5th body post. Adds about 1 gram.

Nitrogen in tires...j/k.

Car is currently 1415gms with regular weight LTC-R body...Basically looking at 350-357gms per corner. Easily will get under 1400gms by changing to a lightweight body for the IIC.

Otherwise, my best carpet setups (with my old car) were 20 grams heavier at the tail than the nose. So, typically I only look for equal weights at the fronts (345) and rears (365) for ROAR.

Bill

Last edited by Still Bill; 08-27-2010 at 08:32 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.