Community
Wiki Posts
Search

XRAY T3

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2010, 04:15 PM
Tech Master

I also tried tonight it worked but car was so different with geardiff too much rotation very twitchy to drive and it was so soft compare to ball diff,it was like loose diff...
I was using 60w muchmore shock oil maybe that was too light and cause the trouble or ecs shouldn't been used at rear...
So far not good at all
Old 08-03-2010, 05:45 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by yokemad
I also tried tonight it worked but car was so different with geardiff too much rotation very twitchy to drive and it was so soft compare to ball diff,it was like loose diff...
I was using 60w muchmore shock oil maybe that was too light and cause the trouble or ecs shouldn't been used at rear...
So far not good at all

Last edited by ixlr8nz; 08-03-2010 at 07:11 PM.
Old 08-03-2010, 06:24 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by yokemad
So far not good at all
LOL way to light start from 1000cst diff oil

ecs on the rear, erm what on earth are you trying to achieve there?
ecs are designed for spool front diffs to reove the chatter but also have a smoother turn in and exit speed, they allow you to carry more speed and remove the mid corner twitch.

go back to the normal rear shafts

Something i want to know is when are xray/hudy going to bring out alloy t3 lipo stops, not wieghts, just the outside stops. They always come off, i have resorted to using a screw that is too long and a m3 lock nut on the top.
Old 08-03-2010, 06:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

I attached my current set up, been running it for a few weeks now and really like it. Its a pretty aggressive set up, but pretty stable. Lots of steering and rotation in mod, and my buddy has been running it in 17.5 and doing well with it too

For the people thinking about ECS, there not at all needed. From all the people ive seen running them all they do is fall apart and are a PITA to keep maintained. And when you look at it in another way, cars like Tamiya and Yokomo win all over and they dont have double joint cvd's
Attached Thumbnails XRAY T3-brandon-t3-setup.jpg  
Old 08-03-2010, 07:39 PM
Tech Master

I know Using ecs At Rear is Pointless But If you dont have 50mm CVD
Ordered 3000Wt diff oil for med-High Grip Carpet I hope That will Help to sort out recent problems with Gear Diff
Old 08-03-2010, 09:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BlackedOutREVO

For the people thinking about ECS, there not at all needed.
what? hater still has his xray? I thought you hated that car? lol.
If you use shrink wrap rather than the grub screws + don't hit things they are great lol
Old 08-03-2010, 10:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rx7ttlm
what? hater still has his xray? I thought you hated that car? lol.
If you use shrink wrap rather than the grub screws + don't hit things they are great lol
I did but got sick of waiting for the new HB's so I just spent more money on this car. After you have a 700 dollar car it works amazing LOL. As for the ECS I dont see a reason to run them. I dont really think they make or break your car
Old 08-04-2010, 08:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Outdrives for 50mm driveshafts are go!

Hello again. As promised, the longer outdrives suitable for those running 50mm driveshafts are ready. For everyone who emailed or PM'd me in regards to these, I have some set aside for you. Give me a few hours to respond. For customers based in North America, I am planning to get these to my US distributor. All going to plan, they should be in the US very soon. I will keep you posted. Also a big thanks to everyone who purchased the 52mm version and for all the kind words. It means a lot and is a large part of why I do this.
Attached Thumbnails XRAY T3-xrayoutdrives50mm1000.jpg  
Old 08-04-2010, 11:52 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Im ordering a T3 tonight, just wanted to see what spares I should order with it or anything that is needed before racing. Ill be running on carpet in the RCGT class.
Also if anyone knows a cheaper place to get the T3 in the US than Amainhobbies let me know.

Thanks

Last edited by slashman4x4; 08-04-2010 at 12:48 PM.
Old 08-04-2010, 11:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by slashman4x4
Im ordering a T3 tonight, just wanted to see what spares I should order with it or anything that is needed before racing. Ill be running on carpet in the RCGT class.
Also if anyone knows a better place to get the T3 in the US than Amainhobbies let me know.

Thanks
Your local track/or hobby shops.
Old 08-04-2010, 11:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by slashman4x4
Also if anyone knows a better place to get the T3 in the US than Amainhobbies let me know.

Thanks
Nexus Racing sells T3's.

Regarding parts, I'd get front A-arms, C-hubs and steering spindles... rear hub carriers... maybe some spare rear A-arms. I've had all of those pieces break on me during carpet racing over the winter. Bearings would also be beneficial,.... typically if you bust up a steering spindle or hub carrier, one or both bearings are wrecked.
Old 08-04-2010, 12:42 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Owen RaCing
Your local track/or hobby shops.
Id love to do that but no one stocks it and with their mark up its $100 more than what I can order it for. I should have worded it as a "cheaper" place rather than "better".

Originally Posted by kuruption
Nexus Racing sells T3's.

Regarding parts, I'd get front A-arms, C-hubs and steering spindles... rear hub carriers... maybe some spare rear A-arms. I've had all of those pieces break on me during carpet racing over the winter. Bearings would also be beneficial,.... typically if you bust up a steering spindle or hub carrier, one or both bearings are wrecked.
Thanks, thats what I was looking for
Old 08-07-2010, 11:31 AM
Tech Adept

Hey guys,

Does it make sense to buy a T3 now or just wait until a new one arrives end of this year or ... ?

Thanks for the advice.

Christoph
Old 08-07-2010, 02:10 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CivicTuning
Hey guys,

Does it make sense to buy a T3 now or just wait until a new one arrives end of this year or ... ?

Thanks for the advice.

Christoph
Its all about the opportunity cost. T3 - buy now, there are setups available and people tp help with the car. What ever new car hits might require new setups/etc - but you'll have the new one.

I'd personally pick the proven car over the new one....
Old 08-07-2010, 02:48 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by hanulec
Its all about the opportunity cost. T3 - buy now, there are setups available and people tp help with the car. What ever new car hits might require new setups/etc - but you'll have the new one.

I'd personally pick the proven car over the new one....
Thanks for your input !

Greetz,

Christoph

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.