XRAY T3

Old 07-28-2010, 01:47 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Woop just won this. Not bad a i think for 400 bucks. New car, couple spurs and pinions and a set of cs27. Car was partially assembled but never run. Not bad right?.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWNX:IT
Old 07-28-2010, 01:49 PM
Tech Addict

Also i never seen anything about a orange edition. I imagine this was just something the seller added. Anyone can confirm?
Old 07-28-2010, 02:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

They come orange
Old 07-28-2010, 03:48 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BlackedOutREVO
I think theres alot of different things that would come into play here though also. You run thicker oil and less droop so your car would roll less then mine does. Obviously you dont like the idea of lifting the motor mount but im going to mess with it. Everyones car in 17.5 (I think were the first in mod to have them?) that has a exotek chassis go look at there motors, especially Brian's car, his motor looked worse then mine in mod lol. That cant help corner speed
My motors chunked up pretty good . I am still going to try and drive it hard everywhere and then easy on the sweeper tomorrow and see what happens. I am running heavier oil now, less droop and the rear post. We'll see what happens.
Old 07-29-2010, 12:37 PM
Tech Addict

Can anyone point me in a good med traction asphalt setup? Got my first race with the xray on sun.
Old 08-01-2010, 02:34 PM
Tech Master

hey guys,

just a small question

we have 4 T3 in our track and they all share the same problem, when you lift the car on a stand and accelerate about 1/4 of the throttle or even less and turn the wheels while still on throttle, the front end vibrates like crazy!!! we changed shafts, bearings, wheels but the problem still exists. am running a T2 and i dont have the problem at all.
when we put the T3s on the track, they seem to be fine without problems, the vibration is there only when the car is lifted and wheels are turned.
just for info, all cars have solid front diffs.

cheers

Ali

Last edited by KWT-NITRO; 08-01-2010 at 03:33 PM.
Old 08-01-2010, 03:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KWT-NITRO
hey guys,

i have few question and a proble.

ill start with the problem.

we have 4 T3 in our track and they all share the same problem, when you lift the car on a stand and accelerate about 1/4 of the throttle or even less and turn the wheels while still on throttle, the front end vibrates like crazy!!! we changed shafts, bearings, wheels but the problem still exists. am running a T2 and i dont have the problem at all.
when we put the T3s on the track, they seem to be fine without problems, the vibration is there only when the car is lifted and wheels are turned.

my questions are regariding the shafts, the kit comes with thick and thin shafts, if am not mistaking, the thin goes in the back and the thick ones goes upfront!! am i right???

part numbers are 305326 (rear EU)
305324 (front EU) taking from the T3's exploded view.

but when i check the parts on amain, you can tell by the picture that the 326 is thicker than the 324. am a bit confused and needs an answer asap because i have to order them from amain.

cheers

Ali
you need to get the ecs shafts. Thin one goes in front because its spring steel. The aluminum one goes in back.
Old 08-01-2010, 03:35 PM
Tech Master

thanks for the answer,

i edited my post and deleted the whole thing about thin and thick because i went through the manual and saw the steel vs alu thing and realised that thins go upfront and thicks go in the back.

will the ECS solve the vibration problem??

cheers

Ali
Old 08-01-2010, 04:52 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

thanks for the answer,

i edited my post and deleted the whole thing about thin and thick because i went through the manual and saw the steel vs alu thing and realised that thins go upfront and thicks go in the back.

cheers

Ali
Yes ECS front shafts will allow you to run full steering throw with no chatter or loss of front wheel speed when turning. You can feel it on the track as well. Really frees the car up in the center, makes it less darty feeling and increases corner speed.

They are expensive but with a spool its almost a must have.

EA
Old 08-01-2010, 05:43 PM
Tech Elite

thanks for the answer,

cheers

Ali
Yes, or get the new Litmodz driveshafts.

Skiddins
Old 08-01-2010, 06:16 PM
Tech Elite

thanks for the answer,

cheers

Ali
Yup, I ran them from the second time I drove the car. They are spendy but they work very well. Probably the best option part they have for that car other than alternate swaybars.
Old 08-01-2010, 06:27 PM
Regional Moderator

Stay on top of the maintenance of the ECS driveshafts (the setscrews and pins) or you will be replacing them more often than you should. I check the setscrews after every run to make sure they're tight. A little shrink wrap over the coupler body helps keep the pins in if the set screws loosen.
Old 08-01-2010, 07:41 PM
Tech Addict

So what upgrades does everyone consider must have on the t3. I ran about 6 packs today at a local carpet track that is opening up next week and it help up great. Took a couple hard hits as i was learning the car and getting it dialed in.
All i broke was a steering block. Might upgrade to aluminum. What else should i consider. Also does anyone have a great setting setup that everyone goes by. Ran it box stock with a couple changes and got it to feel ok for the first day but still didnt feel like my corally. Thanks guys.
Old 08-01-2010, 08:22 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by mist467
So what upgrades does everyone consider must have on the t3. I ran about 6 packs today at a local carpet track that is opening up next week and it help up great. Took a couple hard hits as i was learning the car and getting it dialed in.
All i broke was a steering block. Might upgrade to aluminum. What else should i consider. Also does anyone have a great setting setup that everyone goes by. Ran it box stock with a couple changes and got it to feel ok for the first day but still didnt feel like my corally. Thanks guys.
I ran the car box stock with the ecs shafts. Its a good kit, It was a rocket ship on carpet for me. You just have to sort out a setup that works for YOU. I had tried everyone elses setups, finally I just worked on getting the car right for me and it was amazing. Looking forward to carpet season. I think I used some left over ti screws on the bottom of the car so it was totally flat, but I didn't do it for weight reasons. I would just use the stock plastic's. Aluminum takes away some grip, and most important if you bend it you could be chasing setup and maybe not find the bent part till its to late.
Old 08-01-2010, 11:22 PM
Tech Master

thanks for the answers quys.

Ali

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.