Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
Toledo, Oh Pipe Selection >

Toledo, Oh Pipe Selection

Toledo, Oh Pipe Selection

Old 02-10-2004, 10:20 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Toledo, Oh Pipe Selection

Hi,
I just got a MTX-3 and a Fantom .12 rear exhaust motor as a present and plan on running it at the asphalt track in Toledo, OH. Being this is my first on-road car so I am not up to date on what pipes I should or need to get for that combination and I also don't have a whole lot of money so I can't get like 8 pipes. Then after I get a better feel for on-road and more money I will buy a faster motor like the NS12 Novarossi's. Thanks for any help.
Old 02-11-2004, 09:00 PM
Tech Apprentice

If anyone has been there before please help with your experiences.
Old 02-13-2004, 07:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

rwjso, a couple of us used the yokomo pipe part#ze-mmpp it's a onepiece rear exhaust pipe aprox $70.00 , If you want to order one you can call Hobby Stop West @ (419)-471-1108 ask for Bill he can get one ordered for you.
Old 02-16-2004, 08:19 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks. If anyone else has ran some pipes that work good please let me know which ones they are. The track is 240 x 110.
Old 02-16-2004, 09:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

see rd post, if your just starting out you may want to use our 615L pipe as it is less expensive untill you get to the point your keeping it off the boards cleanly. The 615L pipe really runs well and will save you a little green.
Old 02-16-2004, 09:47 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks for the help. I have driven a friends gas sedan before and did aight with it and didn't crash on Toledo's track, was taking it easy so I didn't break hsi car. I have raced sedan carpet and off-road cars for a few years so I'm not new to racing, just new to gas sedans and all the different pipes that they use and all that.