Wiki Posts
Search

Official VP Pro USA Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2011, 04:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by smccolp
Thanks again stu! I will give these strikers a shot and hopefully buy some other vp treads. Nobody Around here is running any VP products so we will see If I can convert them! I also ordered a set of ss city blocks to give a try. Everyone around here seems to like them.
Sean
Sean I know Pfiefer did last year at Hobby World, and I have a few sets coming that I will run this year.. I have Strikers, and Condors on their way. I might try some Turbo Trax later in the year, but I have quite a few small pin tires..
Old 01-30-2011, 04:51 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ScottyM
Sean I know Pfiefer did last year at Hobby World, and I have a few sets coming that I will run this year.. I have Strikers, and Condors on their way. I might try some Turbo Trax later in the year, but I have quite a few small pin tires..
I know that they have and Jeff said that he didn't like the feel.I just wanted a second opinion.I think I'm going to snag a few up.
Old 01-30-2011, 04:57 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by hyperc10
I know that they have and Jeff said that he didn't like the feel.I just wanted a second opinion.I think I'm going to snag a few up.
I'm not real sure I'm going to like the condors myself, mainly because I never really liked the Revolvers, which are similar.. The Strykers I think will be Awesome for Hobby World or other semi-loose slightly damp track..
Old 01-30-2011, 11:32 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Well, we went to hobby world today! It was cold as a witch's titty in a brass bra! I tried out my new ultra flexx strikers and they did surprisingly well on the hard packed dusty track! They will be awesome on a moist track! I cant wait to try out the new belted tires that are coming out!!!!!
Sean
Old 01-31-2011, 08:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

smc,

is your track abrasive or smooth. you said hard packed with dust. how much dust? condors might be a better tire for that track. Is tire wear and issue? condors are still big enough to penetrate thru most dust, they have great side bite too.
Old 02-01-2011, 10:20 AM
Tech Initiate

I'm not real sure I'm going to like the condors myself, mainly because I never really liked the Revolvers, which are similar.. The Strykers I think will be Awesome for Hobby World or other semi-loose slightly damp track..
You should give the condors a shot especialy on damp tracks they hook up and self clean very well ....sandy or loamy tracks they are hooked,after the first teirs off the pins wear down they still perform well even on hard clay tracks..........
Old 02-01-2011, 10:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

i agree with skillet, Condors are my favorite tire. Unless your running on near asphalt dirt they are dialed.
Old 02-01-2011, 01:26 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Are the standard yellow buggy wheels available? Only saw the wide and new V2 wheels on the site. Need some standard yellow wheels in a couple of weeks.

Thanks

Jon
Old 02-01-2011, 02:13 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Skillett
You should give the condors a shot especialy on damp tracks they hook up and self clean very well ....sandy or loamy tracks they are hooked,after the first teirs off the pins wear down they still perform well even on hard clay tracks..........
Originally Posted by stu541
i agree with skillet, Condors are my favorite tire. Unless your running on near asphalt dirt they are dialed.
Well I've got them coming and I will try them out on different surfaces and see for myself.. I'm sure I'll find a use for them.
Old 02-02-2011, 08:53 AM
Tech Elite

The old VP-Pro wheels have been discontinued. The new V2.0 wheels will be here March 1st.
Old 02-02-2011, 08:59 AM
Tech Elite

Now in stock at VP-Pro USA:
Super high quality ABEC-3 rubber sealed ball bearings in standard and ceramic (more sizes coming soon).
Only a $1 each for standards.
Old 02-02-2011, 09:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

nice.
Old 02-03-2011, 10:45 PM
Tech Adept

I wouldnt consider hobby world an abrasive track. It was certainly dry with a covering of powder on top( maybe a 1/8th to an 1/4th of an inch). I wanted to give em a try because thats what the practice days are normally like. I know this is a VP thread but my city blocks were dialed. With that said, one of VP's new treads looks identical to the city block and that has me pumped!
Old 02-04-2011, 08:11 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by smccolp
I wouldnt consider hobby world an abrasive track. It was certainly dry with a covering of powder on top( maybe a 1/8th to an 1/4th of an inch). I wanted to give em a try because thats what the practice days are normally like. I know this is a VP thread but my city blocks were dialed. With that said, one of VP's new treads looks identical to the city block and that has me pumped!
Which treads would that be??
Old 02-04-2011, 08:48 AM
Tech Adept

Which treads would that be??
The blades are the ones i was referring to. http://www.vp-racing.com/english/productshow.asp?id=138 The look identical to the City Block tires to me

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.