Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bring Back 1/10 Scale Pan Car Poll!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2004, 09:50 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Revelation is an odd place. I have a lot of friends (Factory Drivers) that were at the worlds there when Swauger won (or still run there from time to time) and they said the surface and the traction was a little odd compared to other places. Revelation is a great track but what works there dosent work at other places. SoCal is the same way.

Green rears wouldn't last more than one run at tracks around here. Especially in Mod.
Old 02-20-2004, 10:08 AM
Tech Elite

adrian is right boomer we've run pancar six cell here upto about 2000-2001 and everywhere we ran it was purplr fronts and pink rears as far i know all of us were running the same compound i know that there are certain circumstances at several track people runining pink fronts when running high horsepower as with a mod car but generally we all ran purple fronts.

as far a the tamiya f-1 cars if we have enough intrest guys we will consider them.
they must run in open wheel class if they are and f-1
and gt-1 for the lmp cars and gt-1 cars with the pancar type chassis (NO TOURING CARS ALLOWED!!!)
Old 02-20-2004, 10:19 AM
Tech Elite

Our tire choices don't actually come just from SoCal RC and Rev - those are the tires we run at Camarillo (dusty concrete), ShowTime (high grip asphalt), Speedworld (in Sacramento), Hot Rod's (dusty asphalt), Las Vegas RC Club (Norrca Nats 2001, dusty and ABRASIVE asphalt) and other places. We've pretty much established that a good start point is green/green or pink/green and to move from there.

But going harder on the rear is not something I would do. I haven't ever had my rears go out before my fronts. At LVRCC we went through front tires like they were going out of style; but not rears. In fact, I was cutting rears off their rims, splitting them into two and glueing them onto fronts. . .

Generally, I would rather have more rear grip than front grip. . .
Old 02-20-2004, 10:19 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

So I can run my highly modfied F1 Tamiya car? I've got one composite craft new chassis left.Then I've got the conversion kits to run 1/12th tires front and rear. Just kidding I'll leave the car in its display but I've got the other parts.
As for tires on the 1/10th , I ran Purple fronts and Pink rears (BSR) . Indoors on carpet sometimes I went to Blacks all the way around or maybe whites in the rear. The old scorpion is ready to go until the new one is built.
Old 02-20-2004, 10:21 AM
Tech Elite

speed - I've heard the same from the "old school" pan car guys at Rev and other places. I only know that I've tried them and won't go there again. I think that Blue MIGHT be an option, but purple is wayyyyy too hard for me. I like to turn!

but, hey, we'll see won't we! I've been known to be wrong about once a year or so. . .
Old 02-20-2004, 10:48 AM
Tech Elite

boomer it also depends on the set up upfront pluss it also depends on you style i'am willing to try it out , i am always wanting to try anything to go faster, i'll let you know on my results.

bullfrog yes you can run it if its in the same dimension as the tamiya and hpi, g-force car.
Old 02-20-2004, 10:50 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally posted by speedxl
boomer it also depends on the set up upfront pluss it also depends on you style i'am willing to try it out , i am always wanting to try anything to go faster, i'll let you know on my results.

bullfrog yes you can run it if its in the same dimension as the tamiya and hpi, g-force car.
Hey Hec I just got another place that may be good for our event:
www.mikeshobbyshop.com Its also in San Antonio
Old 02-20-2004, 10:54 AM
Tech Elite

it seems cool because its indoor we need to keep in mind tracky on how long its been around and if its going to be there a year from now!
Old 02-20-2004, 11:14 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Somewhere around here Ive got parts to build 70% of a 1/10th AE Pan car. WOuld be totally OLD school, but it would do for getting started I bet. I hope I didnt sell all those Graphite chassis!!! I once had planned to put a 7x1 in it with 6 or 7 cells and the softest tires I could find and see what the fastest single lap one could turn at the Old Gate. I was planning on seeing if Blackstock would pilot it around. I know I'd break it!!
Oh-man-I should stop putting all my Crazy ideas on the web.

Ray
Old 02-20-2004, 11:24 AM
Tech Rookie

Ray - This post remided me of the first time you started to race at The Brat w/ your Losi! You had such a hard time with that thing, as well as everyone else who tried, like bean. Those were the days! Did you run a pan before that at all? Back then the Brat was all old school pan heads!!!!!!
Old 02-20-2004, 11:35 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by TurboUrbo
Ray - This post remided me of the first time you started to race at The Brat w/ your Losi! You had such a hard time with that thing, as well as everyone else who tried, like bean. Those were the days! Did you run a pan before that at all? Back then the Brat was all old school pan heads!!!!!!
Struggling then?-I am struggling now!!! j/k

When I came to the Brat with the Losi Shelf Weapon bought from Ray L-that was my first month ever w/ a RC anything. I just jumped right into the racing scene because I already LOVED racing. Was still wondering if I could turn the car the right direction when car was coming towards me.

I wonder if all those guuys still have there Pan Cars. At the end Tom's HPi was the best.
Old 02-20-2004, 11:37 AM
Tech Elite

ray let me know what parts you are missing i got a ton of stuff.
Old 02-20-2004, 11:42 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by speedxl
ray let me know what parts you are missing i got a ton of stuff.
Hector-I must have sold it all to someone. I looked and I had ONE bare chassis. But thanks!!

Hey-do you still want two packs to build a KILLER starter box? Also-YGPM

Ray
Old 02-20-2004, 11:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

ummm boomer........I was asking what tires to use on CARPET....not Asphalt.

Later EddieO
Old 02-20-2004, 12:29 PM
Tech Elite

ray i answered that pm and did you sell everything or just some of it i can find you some of the stuff.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.