Wiki Posts
Search

m11x receiver voltage input

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2009, 08:37 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default m11x receiver voltage input

i need to know what is the operating voltage input for the receiver ? min-max the max is the most important
Old 10-01-2009, 01:44 AM
TIX
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

i run mine with a lipo unregulated
so it can take up to 8.4V

i dont know what the minimum voltage is
Old 10-01-2009, 06:48 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by TIX
i run mine with a lipo unregulated
so it can take up to 8.4V

i dont know what the minimum voltage is
Reciever of M11x can work in 8.4v ? Are you sure?
So Reciever of M11x is different M11 because i have been using M11 and my reciever can work under 6v!
Old 10-01-2009, 09:04 AM
Tech Champion

Nope, not supposed to run it unregulated. Some are doing it though. Hopefully it stays working for them, time will tell. Airtronics really dropped the ball by not making this a HV Rx. If it really proves reliable then I'll get one. The Rx voltage is the only thing holding me back.

I've been wondering if I can run my servos red wire straight to my battery and put some resistors on the wire feeding the Rx.
Old 10-01-2009, 10:53 AM
Tech Master

Don't all receivers have a BCE inside so there is only 6v flowing through the circuitry. I know receiver packs aren't always at 6v.
Old 10-01-2009, 10:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

dropped the ball?

if you cant win on 6v, 8.4v isnt going to help your driving
Old 10-01-2009, 11:07 AM
Tech Regular

It's about being able to use the latest and greatest. That's where they dropped the ball.

HV Servos and Lipo are the next best thing since sliced bread!! So ya the ball was dropped by not making it a written fact that the RX can handle above unreg lipo. The M11x is stating they are the fastest and best xmitter out there. Can't really state that when you can't put in writting that you can handle Lipo with no issue. I know other people are doing it with no issues, but Airtronics doesn't back this, and thats where I will step out.

This was the Xmitter I was looking at very hard until I found out that little fact.

Spektrum ftw with 9.6v RX's and it's stated right on the package what they can handle.
Old 10-01-2009, 11:56 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Alan D.
Don't all receivers have a BCE inside so there is only 6v flowing through the circuitry. I know receiver packs aren't always at 6v.
most electronics have voltage regulation circuits internal to them but that doesn't mean that that circuit itself can handle a much larger amount of input voltage.
Old 10-01-2009, 02:17 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by imaxx21
dropped the ball?

if you cant win on 6v, 8.4v isnt going to help your driving

Not the point, my drivings fine.

My point is I want the most reliable systems, not more speed from higher voltage. Although higher speed and torque are nice.

Nihm Rx packs have never been reliable enough for me. They seem to die without warning in the middle of a day of racing. They're heavy and I hate haveing to wait till there close to discharged before charging. Cycleing them on a discharger to check their condition every week gets old fast.

I prefere lipo. Never had problems with them. Can charge them whenever I want to. Seems to have a more steady consistant output. Lighter and 1000mah last an hour.

The catch is the darn voltage regulator is another point of failure I could do without. And fail they do. Glitching due to power loss. Overheating causing power loss to Rx. I pitched the regulator and installed 2 7955 servos.

Haven't had a problem since. I like my old M8, but I'm due for another radio. It's not going to be an M11x until they make a HV Rx. There sure is a lot of neato features to Hopeing Spektrum or KO come out with a pretty new radio this winter.

If Spektrum improves its trigger and wheel feel to the M8's level.........
If Ko builds a radio with only one antennae and menus that aren't in egyptian, and 2.4 built in...........
Old 10-01-2009, 04:24 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

i called airtronics today the said 4.8-6.0 volts
Old 10-01-2009, 07:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

My receiver has been run unregulated since the day I bought it. No problems. Will it eventually fail? Only 1 way to find out. Just a chance I am willing to take. My futaba r203hf receivers were never supposed to see as high as 8.4 volts. I have some that are a year old and still going.
Old 10-01-2009, 08:05 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

a Little birdie told me that the Beloved Servo Mfg we All so very much love will be entering the surface world in the next 18-24 month's.....testing is in progress and should BLOW away anything that's currently in the market....I plan to wait it out and see what it's all about...and it would Obviously be HV.
Old 10-01-2009, 08:09 PM
Tech Champion

Well I'm running a Hitec syth Rx with my M8 and its the best RX I've ever run.
Mr. T is envious of my radio gear.

Built in Failsafe. If Hitec servos are any indication how serious they are........
Old 10-01-2009, 08:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Integra
a Little birdie told me that the Beloved Servo Mfg we All so very much love will be entering the surface world in the next 18-24 month's.....testing is in progress and should BLOW away anything that's currently in the market....I plan to wait it out and see what it's all about...and it would Obviously be HV.
noiiiicceeee...
Old 10-01-2009, 08:59 PM
Tech Master

Hitec used to have a real radio called the Lynxs 3D & it was so far ahead of the other brands in just about every way it wasnt funny. The spek module for Futaba fit right in the 3D & it was killer now if Hitec car pull off another radio like that in 2.4 & not have the Spek problems it will be a winner.

I havent heard anything serious about this so far just rumors & no sightings but will be prying some awnsers next time I see their guys around for sure.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.