Community
Wiki Posts
Search

new tc4 being worked on!

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2004, 01:59 PM
Tech Elite

hey true wuz up!
guys this was one of the guys standing next to me when i heared it so it was two
us for sure who heared it!
by the way for that swiss dude no its not belt it will deffinatly be a drive shaft car!
Old 02-09-2004, 02:09 PM
RCTech Member #2

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally posted by True R/C Racing
Yep, Its true i was There with Speedxl. Im looking foward For it. My next purchase too.
Who is this person that told you about this so called "TC4" ?
Old 02-09-2004, 02:15 PM
Tech Elite

look its not right for me to say who it was because i am not going to point him out but i can promise it is someone in the associated camp. guys we already know of the track record they have of denying things especially tony phaleon guys who ever said doesnt matter i just wanted every one to know its comming and its going to rock.
Old 02-09-2004, 02:15 PM
Tech Regular

Face it, new products are always being developed. The people who do this are under contract not to leak any info or their job is in trouble, so anything will be denied, true or false. The car does need to be updated. I wouldn't be jumping on this bandwagon anytime soon though. How many years did it take from b3 to b4? And off road 2WD is still one of the most hotly contested classes. And B4 concepts were going on for 10+ years.
Old 02-09-2004, 02:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

wcoyote is right. SOME people are under contract not to leak out info on new products. We have some projects undergoing right now that should not be known about, yet. If someone is leaking that info, wouldn't that be something that should be addressed??? I do. That's why I'm asking.

Hey speedxl, call Nissan or Toyota and tell them you heard about a new supercar they're working on. Think they'll tell ya if they are or not??? My guess is they'd say no....whether or not they are.

Anyway, post away. This is a pretty interesting thread....
Old 02-09-2004, 02:35 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Hey Tony I have a suggestion for you guys whenever you get around to changing the tc3. Take the front bumper system off of the nitro car and put it on there. Meaning that the foam bumper is sandwiched between two plastic pieces. This might provide more support to the bottom piece when poor drivers like me hit things.
Old 02-09-2004, 02:37 PM
Tech Elite

yep, things shouldn't Leak out but people make mistake. It will definetly hurt AE now people think tc4 coming out. noone Will buy a tc3. Like myself i was going to buy one now im going to wait.
Old 02-09-2004, 02:39 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally posted by speedxl
ok so he drives for associated! doesnt mean that they give all there guys the new stuff to drive. you know he's not baker or pavidus! the real drivers!
he might not be a pavidis or a baker, but his name should carry a fair amount of respect. i don't mean to dog you, but if you know who tony phelan is, i doubt you'd diss him. he's a very cool guy with a ton of knowledge, and helpful.

maybe he is putting up a smoke screen, but who cares. are we giving out junior g-man badges for the one that can uncover the most controversial hush hush projects? kinda like rc x-files...

mulder, are you listening? we've got an assignment for you.
Old 02-09-2004, 02:51 PM
RCTech Member #2

how do i know you are in the r&d department !
First you don't know who he is..

we already know of the track record they have of denying things especially tony phaleon guys
Then you talk about him like you know him?

I'm lost on this one. I have a strong feeling this was a crap-shoot to try and sneak some (non exsistant ) info from someone.
Old 02-09-2004, 02:52 PM
Tech Elite

iam not dissing the guy totally i have been racing for over ten years and never heared of the guy or just he wasnt someone i payed attention to.

as far as the car the person that told is honorable and as far as your track record on here its questionable. i am not making money on this your on the other hand work for associated as its been mentiond to me are representative of the company and will do what it take to cover up or fix up what you might think will hurt your company esspecially if your team manager says so. you said on here on other occasions that certain things wherent comming out and they did so for me what ever your denying holds no water!
sorry the car is comming out and the guy that told me holds more whieght then what you said . if you instsist that it doesnt thats your poragative, i have nothing to gain all i want is for everybody to know that there a good change comming and its good so dont sour it up!
Old 02-09-2004, 02:53 PM
Tech Elite

nah, its true man. Its in like production or thinking about it already. speedxl isnt lieing. i heard the Same thign he did i was on the right of him.
Old 02-09-2004, 02:54 PM
Tech Elite

tsr6 i have read on other post that he was saying he was and r & d guy and was denying for example the four mag 19 t and then guess what it came out so for me thats all i know of the guy that he was covering up for associated.
Old 02-09-2004, 02:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by DickemDown
he might not be a pavidis or a baker, but his name should carry a fair amount of respect. i don't mean to dog you, but if you know who tony phelan is, i doubt you'd diss him. he's a very cool guy with a ton of knowledge, and helpful.

maybe he is putting up a smoke screen, but who cares. are we giving out junior g-man badges for the one that can uncover the most controversial hush hush projects? kinda like rc x-files...

mulder, are you listening? we've got an assignment for you.
I know Herb, I doubt that speedxl has EVER seen Tony drive, let alone seen him. Basically saying that Tony is NOT a "real driver" is kind of like judging a person before you know them...

I am not fast, I race in sportsman stock, and use a mostly stock TC3. One-way, MIP shiney CVD's, rear shocktower in place of front tower, and Losi front steering knuckles(because these were the only ones in my box at the time that were not striped out). No dremeling for battery, no NTC3 steering, no Losi rear hubs, no milling out the diff cases, and the car feels fast. I can place in the A-Main regulary here at the local track.

Tony knows the TC3, and he can drive. I am guessing that he is more of an employee than a driver, but he knows A LOT about the TC3 and all other ae cars. Read that link that I posted a while back, about switching from verizon to work full time at Associated Research and Development.

To me, it seems that speedxl is downsizing TP before he even knows him...

Just an opinion...
Old 02-09-2004, 03:04 PM
Tech Elite

i am not downsizing the guy but i am defending what i heared and saying the comment earlier off him being not one of the real drivers may be wrong of me. which i'll apologize for! but as it stands he has been on here denying other stuff weeks before associated releases a product and deny that it even exist and as for the person that told me i have known him for years and is not a lier.

if it makes you guys happy then okay the car doesnt exisist but when it comes out you guys will look stupid not me! and you will do nothing but hurt your honor not mine.
Old 02-09-2004, 03:23 PM
RCTech Member #2

I don't mean to get on you guys, but I just don't like how we have this " I heard bla bla bla" without anything to support it. If the driver was allowed to say something about it to the general public, then there wouldnt be a problem naming the driver. Such a thing as "inside info" - which is VERY rare in such a competitive industry, isn't something that is given to a random racer at a large event. I harrass Tony all the time, and still don't get inside information. Either way, I'm sure AE is working on new products, weather it be a new car, or products to make their current cars faster. This is always a fact within the industy. Anything past that, what the car is, what the upgrades are, what is new, is only a guessing game until a press release, or until they are close enough that team members are allowed to talk about it.

It's also not anyone's job to "cover up" anything new, even more so when it doesnt exsist, or when they probably don't even know about it. You mentioned something about a "coverup" on the 19t motor with Tony? He works in R&D, not the motor Dept. Just beccause someone is within AE, doesnt mean they know what each Dept is doing. To better explain, Talking to an AE rep at the Chicago Hobby Show, if i remember right, he basically called it "need to know" as far as new products go.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.