Wiki Posts
Search

Largest Carpet Track in America???

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2009, 02:09 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by syndr0me
The CORRC temp track from 07/08 might have been the biggest in history. I forget the dimensions.

http://corrc.org/photos/?albumid=5259358546313760545

New track is going to be dialed. Work starts this week!
I'll second that, it was MASSIVE at 120'x60'. I raced 19t 1/12 on it, tons of fun, and very high speeds!
Old 09-28-2009, 02:50 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks Clete: yeah guy's 60'x100' on super smooth sub-fllor, insane traction.

We have the great Scotty Ernst coming up November 6th,7th, and 8th 2009 for the Timezone Gran Prix... come experince the great NW and try out our 240 CFM bathroom fans......................
Attached Files

Last edited by MAD916; 09-28-2009 at 02:55 PM. Reason: attachement
Old 09-28-2009, 03:01 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCRIOT
Where is the largest carpet track (perm or temp) in the US? What is its size etc?

I like where this is headed

Carter
Albuquerque,NM
Old 09-28-2009, 08:14 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MAD916
Thanks Clete: yeah guy's 60'x100' on super smooth sub-fllor, insane traction.

We have the great Scotty Ernst coming up November 6th,7th, and 8th 2009 for the Timezone Gran Prix... come experince the great NW and try out our 240 CFM bathroom fans......................
Shouldn't Yeti come to the Great NW? Seems like his kind of place...

Bill
Old 09-28-2009, 08:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by theisgroup
Mike's hobbyshop in Carrolton texas is pretty big. i don't know the dimensions, but i know i was told 5 rolls of crc carpet
I thinks its 60 x 105
Old 09-29-2009, 08:55 AM
Tech Addict

Default The Mac Daddy

I have to say TimeZone I & II are probably the closest to a country club for RC racers as you can get.
Thursday Night Races are a blast and we always break for dinner; throw some dogs on the grill and have a bite to eat together. We share our setups and ideas; it's a very freindly place. The carpet is fantastic and the drivers stand is nice and high so you never have a problem seeing your car. The projector screen TV puts your lap times up and is visable from any spot in the pits. AND "The popcorn is always free at TimeZone raceway"
Old 09-29-2009, 05:35 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

I want to thank everyone for their inputs and responses. I wanted to get a feel for the larger tracks before RCRIOT made its announcement that it will be joining this realm of tracks.
Old 09-29-2009, 06:50 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Clete Landefeld
I have to say TimeZone I & II are probably the closest to a country club for RC racers as you can get.
Thursday Night Races are a blast and we always break for dinner; throw some dogs on the grill and have a bite to eat together. We share our setups and ideas; it's a very freindly place. The carpet is fantastic and the drivers stand is nice and high so you never have a problem seeing your car. The projector screen TV puts your lap times up and is visable from any spot in the pits. AND "The popcorn is always free at TimeZone raceway"
Knowing Mark...I would not expect any less...

Free popcorn...ummmmmmmmmmmmm good!

Bill
Old 10-09-2009, 09:48 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Thumbs up Largest track

If Time Zone II isnt the largest in the nation... I would have to say that it is deffinetly the BEST! Mark and Rick are the coolest guys you could ever meet! Oohh... and you cannot forget the man Mr Dave Eurlich! This place has the best environment everyone is freindly and willing to share ideas along with helping new guys. This place only exists because of two guys with a vision and passion for r/c racing. I want to give a SHOUT OUT to them and say Thank You!!! If your ever in the NW and have a chance to stop in and vist Time Zone I or II its a great experience!!!!
Old 01-13-2010, 12:06 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default FACT

I had a chance to race Rc riot in Albuquerque for the new years gran prix. The track is pretty sick, very smooth lots of traction. There were alot of pit tables, tire truing station, set up board and compressor etc.... Most importantly of all CLEAN SH!TTERS!

It is actually a huge track, biggest indoor carpet track I've seen. And bigger than all the tracks I see on liverc.com. It will be nice to see racers from all over start going to rc riot once the word is out. I see huge turn outs for tracks that are half the size and not nearly as nice.

Nice facility