Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

Electric Touring / On-Road RC

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2004, 08:52 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Electric Touring / On-Road RC

i am thinking of RCs as a hobby but i'm still not 100% sure if i want to invest in it.

i would like to know what is the most common size of RCs here sa metro manila.(1/8, 1/10, MiniZ, MicroS4 etc....).

Also, those smaller RC(not 1/8, not 1/10), i'm thinking of not really getting into it because of the lack of variety.
Like, not all brands make MiniZ size cars and MicroS4 size cars.

What i want is variety and lastability.

I want a hobby that will last me for years.

also, i would like to know how much the gas(nitro) is for those Nitro RCs.(with details like gas/time)

Thanks, i hope you people here could help me.
Old 01-18-2004, 10:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (98%+)

You are more than welcome to visit our shop at the address below. I can give you a 'tour' of the hobby
Old 01-19-2004, 03:35 AM
Tech Elite

Default Hi

You can visit our shop at unit 1019 ground floor VV Soliven building edsa san juan. Between annapolis n connecticut st
Old 01-19-2004, 05:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default SW

Hi, I would sugest go with 1/10th Scale Electric On Road CAr.

It would be best to take a tour of the different hobby shops and what they have to offer to you.

Most hobby shops can give you a run down on the Hobby, what's in and out. Please do not be afraid or be shy to ask! Mangulit ka!

Before you spend, ikot ka muna.

I've been there once and I made a mistake of just going to one hobby shop and spending thousands, only to find out that the first kit I got was not that race worthy.

At first you will say--- hobby lang yan, laro laro but later on believe me things will get intnse!! So get a kit that is race worthy, and to be honest as a beginner its ALWAYS better--- to buy a Bnew kit and build it your self!! There is nothing more enjoying than building your first kit!

And most hobby shop offer terms or will give you a package that you can work with. Yun mga ESC, controller pwede secnd hand, but be careful when buying second hand, itanong mo muna yun real history ng item, thats if they will be honest enough to tell you.

SO if you have any questions just text or PM me!
0917-6271266

PS: hindi ako hobby shop owner and I buy from almost all hobby shops except yun pang eroplano. I was just a beginner once, and still drive like a beginner so i don't want you to go through what we did before! Maximize your spending.

Peace and Welcome to the HObby!!
Lem

SUNTOK2: anong hobby shop yun sa soliven? what do
you carry?
Old 01-19-2004, 05:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

s wind
hello, i second the motion to lem. try 1/10 electric kit. if you like to play in the dirt try offroad, if not try on road. rc hobbies will last for years even ages if you really put your hearth to it. theres no age limit hear. you will surely enjoy this hobby. take some advices sa mga old racers and players ng rc. this thread will help you a lot. well.....should i say welcome to the club???
Old 01-19-2004, 06:16 AM
Tech Elite

Default Hi

Well both of them are right. galing din ako dun but I disagree na bumili nang luma na remote and servo kasi this is electronik puwedi muka siya bago but meron publema sigurado me konting sinungaling sa sale talk sayo and konti lang ma save mu.

Lem: We carry Tornado fuel,Hobao product like hobao kit and tools, Sirio engine and sirio parts. GRP foam tires and soon off road tire also, K.O product,LRP product and batery,Q-world product like stailess starter box,truer fully automatic and tools,Pit shumizu rubber tire
Old 01-19-2004, 06:23 AM
Tech Initiate

thanks 4 d replies.

so i should go electric and not nitro?

i read that nitros are cheaper in the long run, is this true?

so 1/10 is the most popular from what you ppl said, now, i'm wondering which is more popular here sa NCR(MetroManila), Gas or Electric?

also, what are the most common ages found racing because i might feel out of place if the people racing are like really young?

tnx.
Old 01-19-2004, 06:37 AM
Tech Elite

Well depende sayo. If you want to play more than 5 to 10 min. go with nitro kung less than 10 min. electric. Me mga tao na electric talaga love nila and me tao nitro talaga.If you going to ask me siyempre nitro feeling ko mas realistik kasi but mahirap mag salita lang maganda go to race track pahihiramin kita nang nitro car ko and then pahihiramin din kita nang electrik car nang kaibigan ko then dun ka mag decide.
Old 01-19-2004, 06:51 AM
Tech Regular

hi s wind!!

these guys are right.. i suggest you try both electric or nitro. i just recently graduated from novice. i actually started with mini z's anf micro rs4. but 1/10th racing is a killer!! there's nothing like it! i run a losi xxx-s now, and i get all my from connecticut speedway and pitshop. just the samem check out all shops soi you can get a good view on what brand, type of car and accesories to get... take it from me, i went through alot before i got it right...

welcome to the wonderful world of rc!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-19-2004, 07:26 AM
Tech Elite

Default SW

Personally, I love electric and woul like to try NITRO, but the fumes really aggravate my asthma! Sayang talaga, pinupunterya ko nga yun MTX3 ni mang eh, but after watching NITRO guys and the fumes they make, baka mas mahal pa yunpag papaospital ko sa hika ko. hehehehehehe

SUNTOK2 is right, if youlike to play more than 5-6 minutes per heat go with nitro.

Really up to you!!!! Kaya nga advice nila, ikotin mo yun shops! And tama, don't buy na lang 2nd hand electronics and kits! baka hindi ka pa tapatin ng may ari sa history ng stuff.

Good luck!!! I see myself in you 2 - 3 years ago hehehehehe

And lahat ng mga RC guys are approachable, wag ka lang mag tatanong pag nag sesetup or nag papatakbo heheheh baka tarayan ka hehhehe
Old 01-19-2004, 07:41 AM
Tech Initiate

where is there more competition in(nitro or electric)? (i know i know nothing about RCs yet but later on, i would really like to compete)

also, which type(nitro or electric) has more tracks available in the metro?

i sorta want to get into it bacause it is car related and because i want a hobby that involves some competition.

what are the age brackets for racers or people into the hobby?

also, can anyone give a rough estimate BUDGET to get all i need for this? (really good stuff because i don't want to buy something that sucks then buy something good after. i want to buy something super good na agad from the start.)

where i could watch people practicing or racing so i can an idea if this is really something i want to get into?

sorry sa sobrang tanong.

i don't want to invest in something that i'm not sure about.
Old 01-19-2004, 07:56 AM
Tech Regular

Default SW

the majority is on road racing in generAL,,, all tracks are equiped to accomodate both nitro and electric. from observation, there are more electric racers than nitro.
tracks gere are capitol speedwaym speedzone r/c raceway, rc speeway in pinagbuhatan pasign and, i think that's it....
as for cost.. well.. i suggest you start with second hand stuff to keep costs at a minimum.. but just as lem said, try to figure out the history of the profucts before buying them.. a good 10-15k i guess to start with..
Old 01-19-2004, 08:00 AM
Tech Elite

Default SW

Originally posted by Screaming Wind
where is there more competition in(nitro or electric)? (i know i know nothing about RCs yet but later on, i would really like to compete)

also, which type(nitro or electric) has more tracks available in the metro?

i sorta want to get into it bacause it is car related and because i want a hobby that involves some competition.

what are the age brackets for racers or people into the hobby?

also, can anyone give a rough estimate BUDGET to get all i need for this? (really good stuff because i don't want to buy something that sucks then buy something good after. i want to buy something super good na agad from the start.)

where i could watch people practicing or racing so i can an idea if this is really something i want to get into?

sorry sa sobrang tanong.

i don't want to invest in something that i'm not sure about.
okay, there are more races for electric, BUT it has changed now since the 2004 season is really great for all RC Car enthusiast. New tracks (FORT), re-opening of the Montalban, Resufacing of Capitol, still pending.
By the way, we have 5 tracks in the metro, all run nitro and electric, these are, montalban, pinagbuhatan, capitolyo, fort and Park Square 1. and off-Road is at QC Circel and at C5 which is the bigest in-door off-road track in ASIA?

BUDGET hmmmmmmm
Electric
Kit- race worthy or top of the line between 13-to-18K
Body and paint - 1k
i set of wheels and tires and inserts 1,800
ESC(electronic speed control)- betwen 3-11K
radio and reciever between 5-18k
servo- get a good kind na 4-6K
motor-1,5-4k
batteries- 2-5k each
charger 5-25k (bumili ka na ng maganda, ako i went through 5 chargers before settling down with what I'm using now, imagine the waste of money) hehehehehehe
kung meron pa-- those are tools and small stuf

Gulat ka? heheheheheh these are the high end prices

for NITRO
Kit-15-21
engine 4-22k
starter box mga 1-3k
fuel- di ko alam
tires, insert and wheels 1,8K
for foam tires- di ko alam
body and paint 1k
servo, you need 2 (look atthe price above)
controler n reciever ( same as above)
reciever pack (no idea)
plus othermiscellaneous items

masaya ito sir!!

Age range is from 12 -60 alang pinipili na edad sir!!
Old 01-19-2004, 08:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (98%+)

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

NO, we have not forgotten to resurface/rehabilitate Capitol Speedway. It is not YET being done for the ff: reasons...

1. I am expecting my 3rd baby this week ! Proud father for a 3rd time. beats racing anytime hehe

2. We are currently exploring the possibility of moving Capitol Speedway to a superior location... but dont hold your breath lol!

We will make an announcement very soon!!!
Old 01-19-2004, 09:15 AM
Tech Initiate

what are the top brands?

also, are parts from different brand comapatible with each other?

sample: can i use an engine from brand A on a kit from brand B?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.