Wiki Posts
Search

RD/Richey Racing Engine

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2004, 12:44 PM
afm
Tech Master

Originally posted by Motorman
To those who are concerned. The signature engines should be at rd in 22 days. They will be based on a different engine base than the techwell but are the real deal. Been alot of juggling going on. They are truly customs and there will be no more signatures (the signature will be a short rod motor) for a while, while we work on a second generation engine for next year. we will launch a great motor that is custom made to our specs for us in the next month.(the engine the signature is based on)that is within 95% performance of the signature. extensive testing has gone on and our versions really run exceptional for the dollar value. I'm a really fussy when it comes to my blessing and putting my name on it.
Great news Dennis, but how do we know who are the lucky guys that made the resrve list and will be getting one???

AFM
Old 10-01-2004, 06:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

i guess i'm confused. when are the engines (not the signature line) going to be available? sounds like 2 more months? and then there is going to be a second generation motor next year?
Old 10-03-2004, 07:33 AM
Tech Master

Motorman- Maybe if you and your crew dont pump up these motors so much there would not be so much expectation. Just test quietly without the fan fare. That way a problem with your motors does not look like such a big problem. I've been reading your thread and it seems you have said that the motors should have been here already.

I think if you look at the lap times of Haras car they do not show a lack in power as Motorman said. His lap were all just as fast as Blackstock and Swuager even if they seemed to look faster. Hara is very smooth and accurate and never upsets the car by over powering the tires like everyone else.

Check out the times at the http://www.jlapracemanager.com/cgi-b...ATE=09_03_2004
Old 10-03-2004, 05:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

actually I have not seen any of my crew making any posts in regards to the engine in a long time. However I do owe an explanation and or a timeline to customers who have inquired about the engine as numerous issues similar to the ones I believe killed the odonnell motor we have been required to deal with. If there is hype thats not what I'm looking for. If I share in my enthusiasm and it is construed as hype your taking it the wrong way. If you consider a tuned pipe being to short a big problem.

non sigs will be available at the same time.

If you want the entire lowdown on what is what you guys tell me and I'll get into all the nitty gritty. All our testing is done and finished. Production is another issue.

Rangulo I was there were you? hara's driving made up for a lack of power. He was not lacking much maybe 5% but you could definatly see it on the track. Now maxy has given an explanation for that and as cool as the engine was I can see why it lacked top end. Since he is the engine builder he should know. Bottom line was he was short on overall power. I marshalled the race at the end of the back straight and Swauger would gain 5 car lengths on him there and Hara would make up 4 in the infield.

Last edited by Motorman; 10-03-2004 at 06:04 PM.
Old 10-04-2004, 04:59 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by rangulo
Motorman- Maybe if you and your crew dont pump up these motors so much there would not be so much expectation. Just test quietly without the fan fare. That way a problem with your motors does not look like such a big problem. I've been reading your thread and it seems you have said that the motors should have been here already.

<SNIP>
I understand your point, but I see it a bit differently.
Anyone undertaking the design and production of a brand new engine is bound to encounter hurdles. Some of these hurdles will, and have, pushed back the scheduled release time.

Personally, I appreciate the refreshing honesty of being kept informed of the progress status. This is a whole lot better than being given some "feeble excuse" by a faceless marketing person.

Just my $0.02 worth.
Old 10-04-2004, 09:05 AM
Tech Fanatic

or sold somthin thats still not right!!
Old 10-04-2004, 09:12 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Cartman
or sold somthin thats still not right!!
Exactly.
Old 10-04-2004, 12:09 PM
Tech Master

I hope that your motors do all the things that have been said on this thread. The market does need a lower costing entry level motor to offset the nova line. It seemed to me that before the nats the people on this thread were so hyped up about the RD line and it all Fizzed away after the nats. Because of all the hype I went to the Nats expecting to see this awesome little candy colored motors who could run for like 8 minutes on a tank.. Maybe the run time is a little overdone but some crazy number like that was said to be the run time on one tank.

I did go to the nats. I sat close to one of your drivers who yanked the RD motor from his car becuase it would not run correctly. He than put in a Mugen X12 in his car!!! You remember that?
Old 10-04-2004, 02:54 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

Any one have a link from the RD Logics race in CA. a few weeks ago
Old 10-04-2004, 03:03 PM
Tech Master

I did go to the nats. I sat close to one of your drivers who yanked the RD motor from his car becuase it would not run correctly. He than put in a Mugen X12 in his car!!! You remember that?
Tis a fact as I told them all to go with a known quantity as the short header issue had not been fully revealed to me at that time and there comes a point when you yhave to tell your guys do what you have to to try to make the show and salvage the week. You act like thats some kind of secret or something. I solved the header length issue saturday night and even though I had a piss poor main I did conclude that the engine issue was solved and also the week after determined that it has been an issue not only plauging us at different races but others also using big name engines.

Driver your talking about would be Eli Ezrow. Eli had zero time prior to nats to run the engine and had to run a proto one hand machined engine thats two years old because we had a catastrophic crank failure in one of the 11MM proto twos. I knew after one round that that engine was not going to be a serious player. This is the reaon we wer also testing the proto threes with the 12 mm cranks which is production intent. 0 crank failures to date. The bottom line is I only had 7 motors to work with at the time and we wanted to fill the field with as many as possible to get a good gauge. I think we accompolished what we set out to do regardless of where the guys finished.

As for 8 minutes it was achieved and several people whitnessed it. however it was cool weather on a lower bite track. would I expect that, not really however in many cases even at the nats depending on the car many of the drivers came in with 20 cc or better left in the tank.

I was hyped and still am despite many setbacks. If I could just get the manufacturer to produce it would be all good. As of this moment we are discussing moving the entire version of this engine to another manufacturer we know can produce the quality and numbers we want. (READ HERE THE DEVELOPMENT IS COMPLETLY DONE) This will set this version of engine back slightly.(one more time. Read add more gray hair) On another note I have been testing another manufacturers engine we intend to distribute with our own parts inside. The performance has been good with the changes we have made and those are on the way. When you see them you will know them but they are different specs inside and some of the parts will be proprietary to us.

No excuses here just the facts

Last edited by Motorman; 10-04-2004 at 03:22 PM.
Old 10-04-2004, 04:32 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by 20 SMOKE
Any one have a link from the RD Logics race in CA. a few weeks ago
Here you go, results from each day:

http://www.revrace.com/RaceResultsDi...04.txt&ID=1615

http://www.revrace.com/RaceResultsDi...04.txt&ID=1616

http://www.revrace.com/RaceResultsDi...04.txt&ID=1629
Old 10-04-2004, 05:11 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

thanks
Old 10-04-2004, 10:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Mailing Address

Dennis YGPM
Old 10-05-2004, 08:02 PM
Tech Master

Leo good to hear the R3 "s run good.
Old 10-05-2004, 10:31 PM
wad
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Motorman
Leo good to hear the R3 "s run good.
Really good

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.