Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RD/Richey Racing Engine

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2004, 09:34 PM
Tech Adept

ybslow, Dennis:

Any truth to the rumour that Brad's Richey Mod RS12 had a 4 MPH advantage on the straight over every other car at Speedline? Wouldn't surprise me
Old 04-19-2004, 11:13 PM
Tech Elite

Old 04-20-2004, 03:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I was informed his car was 59 MPH on the back straight on radar everyone else was 54 to 55. Baker ran a Murnan Serio and went 55. (and Uriah's motors Honk) The Mugen boyz run X12 JP's. That is a fact as I understand it. I certainly don't discuss the little advantage we have anymore. Were making a tremendous amount of power with the combo we have as you saw at the Airtronics race. (sometimes to much is a disadvantage as the car just cant plant it and the car actually goes slower)

No excuses he was just being out driven, That A main company is a tough crowd.
Old 04-20-2004, 03:12 PM
Tech Master

On another note I should be recieving 10 or so of the real RD/Richey engines off the final tooling around May 7th. Shortly after all the final testing is done and the packaging is complete the engine will launch in volume. Gary and the RD team is getting serious about turning up new product in short order. Watch for it.

ETA: Late May early June

Last edited by Motorman; 04-20-2004 at 04:08 PM.
Old 04-20-2004, 03:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

thats good to hear. RD has always been fast with turning
products around pretty quick but with this project being an
engine i'm glad they are trying to get things right....
Old 04-20-2004, 03:31 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Motorman
I was informed his car was 59 MPH on the back straight on radar everyone else was 54 to 55. Baker ran a Murnan Serio and went 55. (and Uriah's motors Honk) The Mugen boyz run X12 JP's. That is a fact as I understand it. I certainly don't discuss the little advantage we have anymore. Were making a tremendous amount of power with the combo we have as you saw at the Airtronics race. (sometimes to much is a disadvantage as the car just cant plant it and the car actually goes slower)

No excuses he was just being out driven, That A main company is a tough crowd.
Brad's car was insanely fast on the straightaway, but Barry proved that it's not just about ponies. He straight up walked away from everyone from the git go.

Awesome weekend, but tough on motors! I've never seen so many blown glow plugs in one weekend, which turned out to be somewhat of a commodity on the day of the mains.
Old 04-20-2004, 03:37 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Motorman
On another note I should be recieving 10 or so of the real RD/Richey engines off the final tooling around May 7th. Shortly after all the final testing is done and the packaging is complete the engine will launch in volume. Gary and the RD team is getting serious about turning up new product in short order. Watch for it.

ETA: Late May early April
Dennis, any ball park numbers for pricing yet?
Old 04-20-2004, 04:21 PM
Tech Master

Ballpark, don't hold me to this but the target is 185.00 street retail +-15.00

Italy hold on to your shorts.

yup, when BB Swager,Cyrul and Robbie are in the groove its gonna be rough if your an independant. Those guys have so much track time their like machines.

Francis what shore did you want again. drop me an email with shore and amount. I'll get it done.

Last edited by Motorman; 04-20-2004 at 04:28 PM.
Old 04-20-2004, 05:08 PM
Tech Elite

185 -15 (hopefully ) sounds tempting
Old 04-21-2004, 03:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default I also do not race for a living!

[QUOTE]Originally posted by kevink2
[B]Brad's car was insanely fast on the straightaway, but Barry proved that it's not just about ponies. He straight up walked away from everyone from the git go.

Barry is the man! I do not race for a living or have a track within 350 miles of where I live either. I play with toy cars for fun and competition.

Kevin I would like to talk to you about doing a couple of bodies for me for the Texas Biggie.
Old 04-21-2004, 03:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

No excuses he was just being out driven, That A main company is a tough crowd. [/B][/QUOTE]

What do you mean no excuse, I have several. Ran out of gas, flamed out in the pits, ran a different motor in the main that was not tuned to my liking, chose the wrong front tires and pushed like a Bee--Yatch! Oh and Barry is a paid professional and my number 1 excuse HEINEKEN!
Old 04-21-2004, 04:23 PM
Tech Elite

He he, all the excuses you listed are under your own control, so, no excuses
Old 04-21-2004, 04:37 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: I also do not race for a living!

[QUOTE]Originally posted by YBSLOW
[B]
Originally posted by kevink2
Brad's car was insanely fast on the straightaway, but Barry proved that it's not just about ponies. He straight up walked away from everyone from the git go.

Barry is the man! I do not race for a living or have a track within 350 miles of where I live either. I play with toy cars for fun and competition.

Kevin I would like to talk to you about doing a couple of bodies for me for the Texas Biggie.
PM me Brad.
You got nothing to hang your head about. I was wondering what happened to you in the main....
Old 04-21-2004, 05:53 PM
Tech Master

When the Brads on he's on, I'll keep him. Not only being a good friend he's loyal as a BEE- ATCH.

I just still can't fathom his ass in a suit, with a bunch 50 year old of aerospace designers working for him. That shit just ain't right!!

I just can't picture it.
Old 04-21-2004, 06:13 PM
Tech Elite

Dennis, how would it affect the Turbo II pipe if it was run with a header from the regular Turbo pipe.

I had som bending going on with mine and might have to rplace it.

Will it kill the pipes performance?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.