Wiki Posts
Search

Re: An Interesting Question about LiPo Rx Packs

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2009, 12:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Re: An Interesting Question about LiPo Rx Packs

It has been a long while since I have been in the 1/8 On-Road scene and I am just getting back into it again.

As I am browsing around for LiPo Rx packs (since I have the JR HV servoes), I cannot seem to find one that would work with my car. I have a LiPo pack right now, but it has a regular Deans connector on it. Is there a LiPo pack that has a tab that connects into a RX without any modifications or resoldering? I run a Spektrum SR3300T Rx.

Thanks!
Old 09-21-2009, 03:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HarryN
It has been a long while since I have been in the 1/8 On-Road scene and I am just getting back into it again.

As I am browsing around for LiPo Rx packs (since I have the JR HV servoes), I cannot seem to find one that would work with my car. I have a LiPo pack right now, but it has a regular Deans connector on it. Is there a LiPo pack that has a tab that connects into a RX without any modifications or resoldering? I run a Spektrum SR3300T Rx.

Thanks!
Which car?

http://www.serpentamerica.com/shop/p...&cat=25&page=1
Old 09-21-2009, 03:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Harry, I have something for you to try out.
Old 09-21-2009, 09:49 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thanks!
Use LiFe. The Rx battery is like Lipo but output only 6.6v. Perfect for receivers.

http://www.rc-toro.com/product_info....27cc7d1743e5c2
Old 09-21-2009, 10:44 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

and cant get hurt if drained down 2 far
Old 09-22-2009, 02:39 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by silverM3
Use LiFe. The Rx battery is like Lipo but output only 6.6v. Perfect for receivers.

http://www.rc-toro.com/product_info....27cc7d1743e5c2
This one looks good, so if I use this I don't need to use regulator anymore? Will this batt fits in Kyosho V1RRR Evo 2 and Evolva M3 Evo?
Old 09-22-2009, 02:42 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by louis flood
and cant get hurt if drained down 2 far
Is it? So I can use it all the way until its flat? Do I need a different charger for this? I do have balance charger for Lipo but I m not sure if it charges Life, I ll have to check my charger again.
Old 09-22-2009, 06:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dameetz
This one looks good, so if I use this I don't need to use regulator anymore? Will this batt fits in Kyosho V1RRR Evo 2 and Evolva M3 Evo?
Yep, should fit with no problem. I run one similar to this in my MRX4X. Not running a regulator is nice too, one less thing to wire up. You will need a LiFe compatible charger.
Old 09-22-2009, 07:47 AM
Tech Elite

Wow! Thanks all! You guys nailed it. the battery from RC Toro should fit and it has the correct tab on it too.

Garen, definitely, I wanna see what you recommend so I may try it out.

And the car I have is a Motonica P81. GREAT car! Easy to set up, easy to drive, easy to fix, great parts support. Also available at amainhobbies.com.

As far as the LiFe battery, it will not work since the JR servoes require 7.4v. Here is a link:

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...D=JRPSZ9100HVS

Old 09-22-2009, 10:49 AM
Tech Addict

Wow! Thanks all! You guys nailed it. the battery from RC Toro should fit and it has the correct tab on it too.

Garen, definitely, I wanna see what you recommend so I may try it out.

And the car I have is a Motonica P81. GREAT car! Easy to set up, easy to drive, easy to fix, great parts support. Also available at amainhobbies.com.

As far as the LiFe battery, it will not work since the JR servoes require 7.4v. Here is a link:

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...D=JRPSZ9100HVS

Harry, I am not so sure I understand this. Does the receiver have to output 7.4V to this servo? Because most of the Rx I know takes an input voltage around 6-7V. Or does this servo take an additional power source?

BTW, I have couple LiFe batteries. You can just charge it as LiPo.
Old 09-22-2009, 01:49 PM
Tech Elite

Click on the link and you will see that you will need 7.4v for this servo. Best thing is you dont need to buy a cut off since it will stop functioning if it falls to 3.8v.
Old 09-22-2009, 03:46 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I don't see anything that says it HAS to have 7.4, just that it can take it. I'm sure it would still work very well at 6.
Old 09-22-2009, 03:50 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

We have tried the Z9100HVS with both 6.6 volts LiFe and 5 cell nimh, and it is really slow when using any battery less than 7.4 volts, YES it needs a 2 cell Lipo inorder for it to work properly, that is what the servo is designed for, that is why it says High Voltage servo.
Old 09-23-2009, 07:03 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Team Kamikaze
We have tried the Z9100HVS with both 6.6 volts LiFe and 5 cell nimh, and it is really slow when using any battery less than 7.4 volts, YES it needs a 2 cell Lipo inorder for it to work properly, that is what the servo is designed for, that is why it says High Voltage servo.
^^THis.

I have already tried a regular 6v NiMH receiver pack and the servo was barely chugging.

It was specifically designed for 2S LiPo. LiFe, unfortunately, does not cut it.
Old 09-23-2009, 12:41 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Team Kamikaze
So are you saying this kind of HV servos require a RX which can output 7.4v to it ? I never use HV servo before. Sorry for this dumb question.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.