nitro evader wont start help please!!!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

nitro evader wont start help please!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2009, 08:10 PM
Tech Initiate

Unhappy nitro evader wont start help please!!!!

hey all. this is my 1st post. and on all the other forums Ive been on say search, which i did but surprisingly my keywords didn't find anything useful....

anyway, in 2007 i got out my car after sitting 1 1/2 years. well, as expected it wouldn't start. so i flushed the system, replaced the fuel line i ripped while doing it, replaced the pull starter cord i broke trying to start it, and it wouldn't even pop! i replaced glow plugs, used 2 different glow starters, and obviously fresh gas. basically what I'm looking for is a checklist to go by or a list of possible (pr probable) problems. because i plan to try again with this car....

I'm more at home with motorized bicycles and scooters/mopeds and with these tiny motors I'm completely in the dark. the funny thing (at least to me) is that i started my traxxas nitro sport after sitting 2 years on the old gas i forgot about and left in it! it ran kinda crappy, but it burned through the tank fine and then ran great on new gas....

i know this is very stressful on an engine and i am going to try to take better care of them, because i wont have money for a new one for quite awhile ha ha.
Old 09-20-2009, 09:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

To run your engine you will need fire, air ,and gas. Take out glow plug and Test it buy putting it in the glow ignighter(fire). If it does not turn red that is you problem and it is either glow or ignighter. Make sure have at least 1mm opening in carb opening(air). Make sure gas is going to it by watching the fuel travel thru fuel line(gas). Hope this helps.
Old 09-20-2009, 09:22 PM
Tech Initiate

well, i think i would have tried that, but knowing me i may have not... it was 1 1/2 years agao, and i cant remember ha ha. somone told me to just use a drill on the nut, and while i know this is possible i was wondering if you guys knew the standard nut size, before i go through the nightmare of trying to recoil that spring again.

one thing i kinda wanted to clarify about. on mopeds, and the motorized bicycle kits, they have certain ticks. for instance, almost all the chinese imported 50cc scooters have mis adjusted valves. thats kind of what im asking here. is there a common problem i should be looking out for? also how many moving parts are in the carb? because in a conventional engine, i would look for clogged jets, stuck float etc.....

thanks again, all!