Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Z01T Brake linkage

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2009, 08:09 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Z01T Brake linkage

I finally got my servo's and the linkages set up on my truggy, however, the top brake linkage is hitting the center diff mount. It's the collar on the top brake linkage hitting the top cf deck on the center diff. mount. It wouldn't matter if I moved the collar towards the servo some, because it will have to travel so much it would hit then too. The bottom collar clears it by a mm or so. What can I do to fix this? I thought about raising the servo a bit, but then I believe the bottom would hit.
Old 09-19-2009, 08:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (88%+)

Try putting a washer under the screw that keeps the linkage attached to the servo horn. It should raise it up.
Old 09-19-2009, 08:30 PM
Tech Initiate

I guess it's time to order those Tony's screws. I still need 3mm washers for the shock mount revision, and now washers for this. Does anyone know if his kit includes washers as well?

EDIT: Nvm, just searched it, seems to be the ticket

Last edited by ALPINEX; 09-19-2009 at 09:46 PM.
Old 09-20-2009, 07:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

depending on what servos your using the kit came with spacers for different brands of servos, this might be your issue. did you buy this new or used, i cant remember.
Old 09-20-2009, 11:21 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Brian Alderman
depending on what servos your using the kit came with spacers for different brands of servos, this might be your issue. did you buy this new or used, i cant remember.
The Hitec does not require a spacer but it does specify in the manual which ones do and do not. But you are wright the kit does come with spacers for the servo's.
Old 09-20-2009, 11:42 AM
Tech Initiate

Hmm I must have overlooked the different spacers!! I'm running S9351's with the stock servo horns/inserts. It was bought new so I do have all the spacers.
Old 09-20-2009, 11:53 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by ALPINEX
Hmm I must have overlooked the different spacers!! I'm running S9351's with the stock servo horns/inserts. It was bought new so I do have all the spacers.
Look on pg 21 in your manual Illust. 30 or pg 22 illust. 31 for the throttle and brake servo. Should get you going in the wright direction. Hope that helps.
Old 09-20-2009, 12:11 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by scapbell7
The Hitec does not require a spacer but it does specify in the manual which ones do and do not. But you are wright the kit does come with spacers for the servo's.
your mistaken brother, the steering servo does not require one but it calls for a 1mm spacer for the hitec throttle servo. you might want to take another look at the manual, its on page 31.

with the futaba throttle servo you need a 3mm spacer, im sure this is what your problem is!

Last edited by Brian Alderman; 09-20-2009 at 12:22 PM.
Old 09-20-2009, 12:22 PM
Tech Initiate

Well I went back to the manual, it must have been a late night when I put that together!! I had the 2mm spacers installed! I removed them and installed the 3mm ones called for, and had the same problem.... So I added a 1mm spacer on either side, to give me a total of 4 mm. this cleared the top linkage, but brought the lower linkage close to rubbing. So I added a small washer on the bottom of the servo horn where it connects, now we're trouble free!

As a side note, I can't speak for any other kits, as I've never built another, but it's nice to have so many options, and tuning tools with this kit! Some you don't even realize you have
Old 09-20-2009, 12:24 PM
Tech Master

awesome! you really want those brakes working right! hey did i pm you a setup a while back? if i didnt let me know i will send it again, its a pretty good one!
Old 09-20-2009, 12:40 PM
Tech Initiate

I believe you PM'd me Scott Cramer's set-up, I've already got it set as close as I could get it to that, minus the toe and camber as I don't have the gauges YET. But she's finally turning and braking, just can't wait to drive it and get it all set up and tuned to just the way i like it. Sadly the OD .21 and pipe will have to wait a bit more, as I just spent my rc budget on plane tickets to fly from cali. to Jersey to see my girlfriend since I won't get to leave here again til march
Old 09-20-2009, 01:10 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Brian Alderman
your mistaken brother, the steering servo does not require one but it calls for a 1mm spacer for the hitec throttle servo. you might want to take another look at the manual, its on page 31.

with the futaba throttle servo you need a 3mm spacer, im sure this is what your problem is!
I knew it was something to that effect. Just looked up the info in the manual to reference for him. Mine is fine. Thanks for pointing that out though.

Did not mean to step on your toe's just trying to help out.
Old 09-20-2009, 01:22 PM
Tech Master

u didnt step on any toes, just trying give him the correct info to fix his problem, only reason its fresh on my mind is i just bought a used one and the brakes were all jacked up, and it happens to have hitec servos in it, lol! just a coinkidenk.
Old 09-20-2009, 01:36 PM
Tech Initiate

How was it setting the brakes up? I can already tell if left as is mine will lock up before half of the trigger pull, so I'll have to tone it way down, but what about the brake bias? Which do you prefer to brake the most? It looks to be set-up for front braking, is that what most prefer?
Old 09-20-2009, 02:12 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ALPINEX
How was it setting the brakes up? I can already tell if left as is mine will lock up before half of the trigger pull, so I'll have to tone it way down, but what about the brake bias? Which do you prefer to brake the most? It looks to be set-up for front braking, is that what most prefer?
as far as bias i like more front than rear, im gonna say 70/30 for me. too much rear brake and it will slide around when you hit the brakes, and do weird stuff in the air. when i redid mine as to the manual it didnt have much stopping power at all. so be sure you dont have the bolts that hold the brakes shoes too tight. and also use your endpoint adj to make sure you dont put too much pressure on the servo tray, if you see the tray getting pulled to the left when you hit the brake back your epa off a little. once you get that set the use the bias adjusters to get the brakes right where you want them. if you dont have enought front in it, the trucks nose wont come down very quick off a jump.

Last edited by Brian Alderman; 09-20-2009 at 02:23 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.