Tire glue

Old 09-05-2009, 08:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jpalessi
who said anything about rushing..... thats just how long it takes me.... i just punch holes and go... 5 mins a tire to punch holes and glue. If GLUING took me all day i wouldn't like doing it at the track either..
Knowing Nick I think he meant your average guy.....
Old 09-05-2009, 01:34 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ABURTON
Knowing Nick I think he meant your average guy.....

Old 09-05-2009, 02:00 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Integra
no nick just hates everyone and hates everyones way . LOL JK JK JK
Old 09-05-2009, 02:10 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by losi_racer
no nick just hates everyone and hates everyones way . LOL JK JK JK

nah im just overly anal about my tire's is all......Every Bead is Perfect and Im Rarely If ever caught with a wobbly unbalanced tire unless its the tire's first run and needs to be ran in.....and i cant stand when i see some guys cars literally JUMPING off the starter box or the board on pit row...makes me think that some guys Don't even have a Flippin Clue.

I know me and JP don't exactly see eye to eye on a lot of thing's...but that the way she goes......i deal with it and move on....he has his opinions i have mine...simple as that.
Old 09-05-2009, 02:17 PM
Tech Champion

nah im just overly anal about my tire's is all......Every Bead is Perfect and Im Rarely If ever caught with a wobbly unbalanced tire unless its the tire's first run and needs to be ran in.....and i cant stand when i see some guys cars literally JUMPING off the starter box or the board on pit row...makes me think that some guys Don't even have a Flippin Clue.
i know i was just kidding. me and my dad were getting pre mounted but i love the calbier tire so im going to be mountin my tires now, the new proline foam and rim and pretty well balanced, even had one guy ask me what balancer i use. Still looking 4 one, what do u use
Old 09-05-2009, 04:59 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

i say the racers edge by far is the best! i have used the AKA ca glue but just dont like it much.
Old 09-05-2009, 06:56 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by losi_racer
i know i was just kidding. me and my dad were getting pre mounted but i love the calbier tire so im going to be mountin my tires now, the new proline foam and rim and pretty well balanced, even had one guy ask me what balancer i use. Still looking 4 one, what do u use

i use a combo of the Dubro and a Magnet prop balancer....ive found the Dubro to be A LOT more accurate on marking the light side where the Hudy balancer would be off pretty consistently....it much be the larger bearing's or the fact there's only 2 and on the dubro there's 4....i dunno but i personally like the Dubro over any other..downside is there's no quick release or anything you have to rig up little pieces of fuel tubing on the bar to hold the cones in place.

yes the new VTR are very true...but like any tire still require a small amount of weight to make them 100% and being 200g a tire is another big bonus.
Old 09-06-2009, 12:34 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jpalessi
i don't use that many tires either, i was just giving an example of how fast tires can be glued, and that all that prep work is a waste of time... all you need is fresh quality glue. but hey to each their own....
JP, come on man, you have to clean the bead area on ya tires with alcohol, or similar or there is a good chance the tire will blow off. You are correct though, none of the other prep work is needed, except for a little bit of flash trimming with certain brands.

Integra nothing wrong with being anal about it, tires are expensive.
Old 09-06-2009, 12:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

All I ever do is wipe the rim and tire beads with alcohol and then glue. I have had excellent luck with the losi thin ca in the red label or AKA glue. Great stuff.
Old 09-06-2009, 06:55 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

We have been using Loctite super glue for over 5 years, no cleaning, just mount, no problems. You can find it easy in the paint sections at Lowes and Home Depot

http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1...atalogId=10053
Old 09-06-2009, 11:21 AM
Tech Champion

i use a combo of the Dubro and a Magnet prop balancer....ive found the Dubro to be A LOT more accurate on marking the light side where the Hudy balancer would be off pretty consistently....it much be the larger bearing's or the fact there's only 2 and on the dubro there's 4....i dunno but i personally like the Dubro over any other..downside is there's no quick release or anything you have to rig up little pieces of fuel tubing on the bar to hold the cones in place.

yes the new VTR are very true...but like any tire still require a small amount of weight to make them 100% and being 200g a tire is another big bonus.
i was looking at the du-bro. i used it once and liked it. I was buyin the hudy but they guy i bought it from sold it before i went to his house, o well
Old 09-06-2009, 11:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jlog
We have been using Loctite super glue for over 5 years, no cleaning, just mount, no problems. You can find it easy in the paint sections at Lowes and Home Depot

http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1...atalogId=10053
+1. All I use is the Loctite, it's a couple bucks cheaper than any of the "R/C" brands of glue. Probably the same stuff anyhow. The thickness and consistency seems very close to Losi blue label.

Beware that they have changed the packaging though, it now has a blue bottle and different cap, but same stuff.