Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum
~~Thumptown RC~~Singers Hobbies~~ Wellsboro,PA >

~~Thumptown RC~~Singers Hobbies~~ Wellsboro,PA

~~Thumptown RC~~Singers Hobbies~~ Wellsboro,PA

Old 09-01-2009, 05:38 PM
Tech Elite

Default ~~Thumptown RC~~Singers Hobbies~~ Wellsboro,PA

Welcome to Thumptown RC

Hello everyone! I happy to say there is a brand new track that is open near Wellsboro, Pa! Its a 1/10 and 1/8 scale track that wont be hard for new comers into the hobby but it will challenge the veterans of our great hobby. The track is about 120ft deep and 150ft long with 830ft of track. As of rite now we do not have the driver stand in but it is coming soon. There is bathroom facilities, food, drink and electric available. Parts and fuel will be available at the track. It costs $10 to run all day as of rite now.
RC Track Address:
Thumptown RC (Located at the Yellow Basket Shop)
2744 Rte 660
Wellsboro, Pa. 16901
Phone# 570-724-6078

Hours of operation for track:
Monday to Friday 10:00 to 5:00
Saturday and Sunday 10:00 to Dusk
The hobby shop is located in Wellsboro at Singer Hobbies.
Singers Hobbies

The hobby shop is located in Wellsboro,Pa. We carry a variety of parts for Ofna, Traxxas, DuraTrax, Associated and more. We stock Traxxas, Blue Thunder and Cold Fusion fuel. We also are carriers of Proline, AKA, Greatplanes, Horizon, Futaba , O.S and many many more. We do ship overseas for orders and will beat any price online and we are becoming a dealer of many over companies almost weekly.
Hobby Shop:
Singers Hobbies
87 Main Street (Rear)
Wellsboro, Pa. 16901
Phone# 570-724-6761
Email: [email protected]
www.singershobbies.com

Hours of operation :
Monday to Thursday 10:00 to 6:00
Friday 10:00 to 8:00
Saturday 10:00 to 5:00
Closed Sundays

Pictures of a group of us running a few weeks ago.

I will have more to post as soon as I'm able to get more from the gentlemen that took pictures that day and ill have pictures of just the track.

Any questions get a hold me (Tyler S.)or get a hold of Doug Singer at
Phone# 570-724-6761
Email: [email protected]

Thanks,
Tyler S.

Last edited by Gearhead racer; 09-02-2009 at 07:18 PM.
Old 09-01-2009, 08:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default good to see the track is done!

I look forward to checking it out,

To everyone i race with, This is the track up north on the way to the PA Grand Canyon, i told you all about.
I'm probably going to try and get up there this monday (labor day) to see it, and check out the layout, anyone wants to tag along, give me a call.

Isaac
Old 09-02-2009, 04:22 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Nighthawk
I look forward to checking it out,

To everyone i race with, This is the track up north on the way to the PA Grand Canyon, i told you all about.
I'm probably going to try and get up there this monday (labor day) to see it, and check out the layout, anyone wants to tag along, give me a call.

Isaac
We will be running sunday if anyone wants to join us.
Old 09-02-2009, 05:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

When will you guys have a drivers stand? I will certainly be paying a visit. Just wondering what you stand on to race.
Old 09-02-2009, 02:57 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by hambone
When will you guys have a drivers stand? I will certainly be paying a visit. Just wondering what you stand on to race.
How did you like the track?????? Driver stand is in the works, we stand on a dirt mound that is roughly 6 feet tall about 20-25 feet long. Its in the backround of this picture.
Old 09-02-2009, 04:27 PM
Tech Elite

Well i needed a ride on this beautiful day so to Wellsboro i went. Some unmentionable 70's memories were jarred loose on the way(thanks cheech and chong)! I met Janine at the hobby shop and had a very pleasant visit. Talked to Doug on the phone and got the game plan for the track and then visited the track itself. I was very surprised about the size and quality of the track. And the setting is beautiful, only 5 mile from pa grand canyon. Some lights for night racing maybe? This track should be involved with a Richfield/Altoona series.
Old 09-02-2009, 04:35 PM
Tech Elite

Well i needed a ride on this beautiful day so to Wellsboro i went. Some unmentionable 70's memories were jarred loose on the way(thanks cheech and chong)! I met Janine at the hobby shop and had a very pleasant visit. Talked to Doug on the phone and got the game plan for the track and then visited the track itself. I was very surprised about the size and quality of the track. And the setting is beautiful, only 5 mile from pa grand canyon. Some lights for night racing maybe? This track should be involved with a Richfield/Altoona series.
We are hopeing we are able to get some lighting next year, pending on the turn outs! Well i want to get a hold of some different track owners and work somthing out to start a series with Richfield, Altoona, Drums, Hooby Hut and so on for next year!!!
Old 09-02-2009, 05:08 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Gearhead racer
We are hopeing we are able to get some lighting next year, pending on the turn outs! Well i want to get a hold of some different track owners and work somthing out to start a series with Richfield, Altoona, Drums, Hooby Hut and so on for next year!!!
Well you didn't have to put it in red for crying out loud. I never inhaled?
Old 09-02-2009, 05:13 PM
Tech Elite

Well you didn't have to put it in red for crying out loud. I never inhaled?
Old 09-02-2009, 07:10 PM
Tech Elite

Oh. forgot to mention it cost $10 to run all day as of rite now. A bunch of us will be getting together this Sunday around 12:00. All of you are invited!!!!
Old 09-02-2009, 08:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default cool

Originally Posted by Gearhead racer
Oh. forgot to mention it cost $10 to run all day as of rite now. A bunch of us will be getting together this Sunday around 12:00. All of you are invited!!!!
Yeah, talked to Rob H. today, was telling me it looks pretty nice, i look forward to rippin it up with the truggy.

Dont know if doug is looking to get into anything this year yet, but there is a series getting ready to start, you guys could maybe get in if you wanted, would need amb, or to work with another track to get that worked out. and some kinda drivers stand. Are you guys not going to use my old drivers stand from my track?
Probably wouldnt be big enough i guess anyway.

Would love to come up sunday, but were already setup to race at altoona.

Will be up soon!!

Isaac
Old 09-03-2009, 06:51 AM
Tech Master

Track looks good guys. Maybe not this year but Ill deff try and make it up next year. I used to go camping at stony fork, I assume that isnt far from you guys. Would love to come up, camp out and do some racing.
Old 09-03-2009, 01:20 PM
Tech Elite

Yeah, talked to Rob H. today, was telling me it looks pretty nice, i look forward to rippin it up with the truggy.

Dont know if doug is looking to get into anything this year yet, but there is a series getting ready to start, you guys could maybe get in if you wanted, would need amb, or to work with another track to get that worked out. and some kinda drivers stand. Are you guys not going to use my old drivers stand from my track?

Will be up soon!!

Isaac
Well we want to get a series setup for next year and the old driver stand you gave doug is a little rough around the edges.
Old 09-03-2009, 01:56 PM
Tech Elite

Will be up soon!!

Isaac
Alrighty....

Originally Posted by killabud
Track looks good guys. Maybe not this year but Ill deff try and make it up next year. I used to go camping at stony fork, I assume that isnt far from you guys. Would love to come up, camp out and do some racing.
Old 09-03-2009, 05:22 PM
Tech Elite

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.