Wiki Posts
Search

New Team CRC Gen-XL

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2009, 04:59 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hi gang,

Just a quick note to congratulate CRC Gen-XL drivers, Aaron Buran, Max Kuenning, Andrew Knapp and Ian Ruggles for the Championship winning weekend at the Halloween Classic.

Max was T.Q. of the Pro-12 class and Aaron took the win in the A-main with Max in third. CRC Gen-XL cars and tires dominated the field with a total of 7 of the 10 cars in the A-main the new CRC Gen-XL. Congrats to drivers Mike Pulfur, Chuck Lonergan, Wayne Gerber, Jari Taskila and Frank Jr. for joining Max and Aaron in the A-main.

In the 17.5 class, Andrew Knapp was T.Q. and winner with his Gen-XL and CRC tires. Andrew was on a mission all weekend with some flawless driving. Second was the man with the radio and the microphone, Ian Ruggles. Ian put the mic down long enough to drive a solid race to take second. Join the top 2 were CRC Gen-XL pilots; Jim Piersol, Blake Bell, Phil Zimmerman, Tyler Gerber, Robert "Nashracer" Dirla and Ken Miller (with a borrowed Gen-XL). Eight out of 10 in the new CRC Gen-XL.

In World GT, Aaron Buran was T.Q. and winner with his Gen-X 10 rolling on CRC World GT Spec tires. Joining Aaron on the Podium was Mike Pulfur. Again, 7 out of 10 cars were the Gen-X 10 with Piersol, Mark Sweeney, Myles "Skeeter" Hale, Frank Jr. and Kyle Inman making the A-main.

A special thanks to the hard working Gate crew for keeping the Halloween Classic tradition going.
Old 11-02-2009, 05:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Any word on when more kits will be out? I was impressed with the crc crew last weekend.
Old 11-02-2009, 06:05 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Congrats Frank, Andrew and Ian. Great running with you guys this weekend. Nice meeting you. Can't wait for the next one.
Old 11-02-2009, 06:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KHoff7
Any word on when more kits will be out? I was impressed with the crc crew last weekend.
www.ashfordhobby.com has them
Old 11-02-2009, 10:31 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by KHoff7
Hi,

Thanks for the kind words.

A big batch of cars are shipping now. We are filling backorders to a bunch of different suppliers. Horizon Hobby should have them in their system within a day or so, most any dealer can get them from Horizon.

Thanks,
CRC
Old 11-02-2009, 10:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

When will the set-up sheets be on the site? Nearly eight weeks since the IIC, three winners, two set-up sheets!!

Can Team CRC be as fast to give us the set-up support as they are to tell us the results?!!! Come on guys, you know it makes sense!!
Old 11-02-2009, 10:43 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by SlowerOne
When will the set-up sheets be on the site? Nearly eight weeks since the IIC, three winners, two set-up sheets!!

Can Team CRC be as fast to give us the set-up support as they are to tell us the results?!!! Come on guys, you know it makes sense!!
OK... guilty as charged.

So I take it you are interested in Pete D'Agnolo's winning 13.5 setup? We will get that and the recent Halloween Classic setups on the site soon.
Old 11-02-2009, 10:48 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by JoelV
Congrats Frank, Andrew and Ian. Great running with you guys this weekend. Nice meeting you. Can't wait for the next one.

Thanks Joel.

May I commend you on a great result. An aggressive but very clean and smooth drive. Nice Job.

Frank
Old 11-03-2009, 02:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SlowerOne

+1. Great car just impossible to get setups except hupos which may not work for everyone.
Old 11-03-2009, 05:20 AM
Tech Elite

Just ordered one from Ashford Hobby. Looking forward to running some 12th again.
Old 11-03-2009, 07:31 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Team CRC, you have PM.

Bob
Old 11-03-2009, 11:16 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by WIITA
+1. Great car just impossible to get setups except hupos which may not work for everyone.
See, I'm not the only one!!

Originally Posted by Team CRC
OK... guilty as charged.

So I take it you are interested in Pete D'Agnolo's winning 13.5 setup? We will get that and the recent Halloween Classic setups on the site soon.
CRC, the listening company!! Many thanks guys. Yes, the 13.5 is of interest, as it's probably closer to a 10.5 1S set up than Hupo's.
Old 11-03-2009, 11:27 AM
CDW
Tech Adept

I would like to congratulate Ian Ruggles and all of Team CRC for a great weekend at the Halloween Classic. See you guys at the Champs.
CD Wells
Old 11-03-2009, 02:46 PM
Tech Master

Most of the setups from the Halloween Classic will probably be optimized for a very bumpy track. Due to the plastic squares subfloor, the track looked like ppl were racing on a waffle iron, especially 1/12th cars.
Old 11-03-2009, 02:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

Originally Posted by Stealth_RT
Most of the setups from the Halloween Classic will probably be optimized for a very bumpy track. Due to the plastic squares subfloor, the track looked like ppl were racing on a waffle iron, especially 1/12th cars.

Congrats to the whole CRC Crew. Especially Ian. He finally figured out a 1/12 scale handles much better then a luggage cart.

I can't wait to get my Gen-XL

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.