Wiki Posts
Search

Jammin JPX 21 Plus ( new)

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2009, 04:29 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by butch man
For the old Jammin 21 I can say for sure with almost any pipe the picco will eat a ninja for lunch up to mid rpm.

From mid top high rpm it depends on pipe but picco will mostly keep up with the ninja & with a cheap thick 086 pipe will feel about even with the ninja.

That is the old jammin 21 compaired the the new ninja at my tracks,the new picco I dont know but ASSUME it would be even better on top as that seems the way they have been going with their motors from the O.G. P7 through the newest versions(less bittom,more top)
Wow that is a bold statment the ninja is one of if not the best engines I have ever run and I have run my share of engines if this is the case I will buy two can't wait to get this engine in my truggy should have it by thursday or friday. thanks for the info
Old 10-04-2009, 07:06 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Here is a video of my modified JPX .21 in a Turmoil Buggy on our bashing track..... This engine is fantastic, it tunes easy, gets great mileage and makes a ton of power...2 seasons old and still running strong !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5qi_ImnmgI

I am offering this exact engine for $310.00 modified and broken-in......
Old 10-04-2009, 08:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Maximo
Here is a video of my modified JPX .21 in a Turmoil Buggy on our bashing track..... This engine is fantastic, it tunes easy, gets great mileage and makes a ton of power...2 seasons old and still running strong !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5qi_ImnmgI

I am offering this exact engine for $310.00 modified and broken-in......
WOW! That's a great price for one of Maximo's
modded JPX.21's. I own a JPX.21 that Maximo
modded for me. It is one bad arsed engine and
gets great run times. It has the low-end power of a .28
and the top-end r.p.m.'s of a hi-dollar on-road .21.
Old 10-07-2009, 09:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Sorry if this has been asked, but what is the difference between the regular JPX .21 and the Plus? I know the Plus has the cross drilled cooling head, but are there any other differences?
Old 10-08-2009, 06:47 AM
Tech Master

Hey guys, how far out is your high speed needle? Is it approximately flush, in or out past flush? Mine is out past flush and I still have a lean bog. My buddies is flush, but he doesn't have the "Plus" model. Not sure if there was a carburetor/needle change with the "Plus" or my tune is completely out of whack.

So where is your HSN needle?
Old 10-08-2009, 02:44 PM
Tech Regular

the HSN housing is different on the plus engine so i dont think you can compare them.

t
Old 10-08-2009, 02:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

you should be around flush, maybe your low speed is too lean. You didn't say where your bogging at, is it when you first accelerate or when you get up to speed?
Old 10-08-2009, 03:58 PM
Tech Master

I am bogging at high speed. I played around with the needles some more and it seems to help, but I can't be sure until I run it hard on a track. Idle is good, temp is good and ran it up and down my street for a solid 10 minutes with no bog and temping 220 with the body.

Got my fingers crossed.
Old 10-08-2009, 04:53 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by petevette
I am bogging at high speed. I played around with the needles some more and it seems to help, but I can't be sure until I run it hard on a track. Idle is good, temp is good and ran it up and down my street for a solid 10 minutes with no bog and temping 220 with the body.

Got my fingers crossed.
Just curious, have you checked your fuel tank and lines for any pinhole leaks? That could easily cause the symptoms you describe.

Also, check the o-rings on both the HSN and LSN. The LSN o-rings on my second JPX .21 were torn from the factory.

-Howard
Old 10-08-2009, 09:09 PM
Tech Master

Fuel lines are okay. I haven't really pressure checked the tank yet, but will this weekend. I took a look at the oring under field conditions, "at the track during the night". I will take another look to make sure there are no rips. Thanks for pointing that out.
Old 10-08-2009, 11:45 PM
Tech Addict

Ive seen problems with the fuel pikup in the fuel tank before.Make sure your carb is sealed real well .Any sort of air leak and it will never tune right.Your needles will be out from flush on this new carb.Make sure your glow plug is good and that it is tight.I had one of these that would not tune at all and it was an air leak at the carb base.
Old 10-15-2009, 11:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

on my reg jpx 21 i had full throttle probs a few weeks ago and sealed the carb. ran it today and still had the same issue. put a brand new losi carb on it and it runs perfect. just wanted to drop a line and leave result conclusion. at 3 gallons its better than new and personally feel its as good as any 21 around. just pleased its back to normal
Old 10-15-2009, 11:50 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 8&stuff
on my reg jpx 21 i had full throttle probs a few weeks ago and sealed the carb. ran it today and still had the same issue. put a brand new losi carb on it and it runs perfect. just wanted to drop a line and leave result conclusion. at 3 gallons its better than new and personally feel its as good as any 21 around. just pleased its back to normal
full throttle issues are usually a a piece of O-ring floating around inside the spray bar.... carb works fine part throttle but goes lean at WOT.....take the high speed stack off the carb, take the slide out of the carb and backflush the spraybar with compressed air or some nitro spray....
Old 10-15-2009, 12:12 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Breaking in the new .21 today, any tips.

I see it says improved bearing, are they ceramic or standard.
Old 10-16-2009, 12:50 AM
Tech Addict

Man i have tried every break in method out there i think.And some are better than others.Just do the heat cycle method you will be fine.But make sure to use a heat gun and dont push it till you have a gallon of fuel through it.Take your time.Even after a gallon you might want to warm it with heat gun before starting.Never run it to lean and at the end of your day run the fuel out of it and use a good aro.Any raw fuel left in engine is not good and will corrode the internals.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.