Wiki Posts
Search

Quick question about temps

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2009, 04:54 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Quick question about temps

The way my .21 SH motor is operating has changed temp wise. Its still making good power with plenty of smoke but......

Previously when I run my buggy it used to get up to 240 then I would let it idle until it cools down, used to drop in temp quite quickly when idling, like a couple of degrees every 5 seconds.

The last three tanks ive run (nothing has changed set up or tune) it gets hot when idling but now when im running it it hovers around the 208 and goes up when idling!

I know these motors are air cooled but is it common to actually raise in temp when sitting still with body on? Then drop in time when running it?
Old 08-27-2009, 04:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)

Originally Posted by sperera
The way my .21 SH motor is operating has changed temp wise. Its still making good power with plenty of smoke but......

Previously when I run my buggy it used to get up to 240 then I would let it idle until it cools down, used to drop in temp quite quickly when idling, like a couple of degrees every 5 seconds.

The last three tanks ive run (nothing has changed set up or tune) it gets hot when idling but now when im running it it hovers around the 208 and goes up when idling!

I know these motors are air cooled but is it common to actually raise in temp when sitting still with body on? Then drop in time when running it?
to me it sounds like your LSN is too lean. try richening it up a bit. its hard to tell without seeing/listening to it in person. hope this helps.
Old 08-27-2009, 05:05 PM
Tech Elite

That's exactly what happens when your low end is too lean.
Old 08-27-2009, 10:42 PM
Tech Addict

Thanks for the info, does it work the same as the HSN (anti-clockwise to richen)? Should I just go an hour richer? I heard the LSN is quite sensitive and never needs allot of adjustment.
Old 08-28-2009, 04:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)

Thanks for the info, does it work the same as the HSN (anti-clockwise to richen)? Should I just go an hour richer? I heard the LSN is quite sensitive and never needs allot of adjustment.
correct unless its a huge temperature change. but yes turn out to richen