Bumps and Jumps 09/10 offroad season

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bumps and Jumps 09/10 offroad season

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2009, 06:57 AM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

yeh and it never stunk so bad as it did for freeze. all the different compounds for tire sauce was downright disgusting.

R
Old 10-06-2009, 12:06 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by wyd
516 entries for the CW race in and thats in less than 2 days. In 20 minutes we had 170 people for the indoor pits alone. This is the largets race in the contry this year hands down. I don't think even Snowbirds this year will be as big.

We could go 600 plus if we had the room and wanted to race 24 hours around the clock which it will be close. I think I will just sleep at the shop that weekend.
it's gonna be tough that's for sure!! it's good for Bumps, i'm happy he got another big event..

i like the Classic in December...
Old 10-07-2009, 06:12 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dan r
it's gonna be tough that's for sure!! it's good for Bumps, i'm happy he got another big event..

i like the Classic in December...
We also have an big open wheel race in November that is expected to get 100 to 150 racers as well. We pretty much have no rest in between big races this year. Oval is expected to see over 100 racers on just normal shows this year.

Offroad it is still wait and see by the response has been excellent this year. Like always the SPEC SCT class will be huge this year. Mod truck will have a huge resurgence and I could see this being the 2nd biggest class each week be hing the SCT classes. Not bad from a class that was kinda dead last year.

Ok update the shop. The new upstairs pits are almost all painted. 3 more pit benches to get painted black and a few more need final wiring but it is coming along nicely. Floor painting for upstairs might happen late this week but if not next week for sure.

Jackie has been a painting machine!!!!!!!!!!!!! Chris has been a building machine and slowly but surely I have been moving and organizing all the parts in the shop. We have about 9 days left til opening day with about 15 days of work left.

We look forward to your comments on the basically all new Bumps and Jumps. Hope all you racers like the fresh paint, new pits, and even more parts in the shop than every before.

Brian
Old 10-07-2009, 07:20 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

PLACE LOOKS AMAZING!!!
Old 10-07-2009, 07:27 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by trickedyfz450
PLACE LOOKS AMAZING!!!
It looks better now then when it was first built. People will be shocked when they see the finished version.
Old 10-07-2009, 08:32 AM
Tech Addict

It looks better now then when it was first built. People will be shocked when they see the finished version.
Yeah I agree! The shop looks good Brian I like the way your orginizing everything it will def. make things easier!!! You must have been seeing rc parts in your sleep last night!
Old 10-07-2009, 08:35 AM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

well slash will be here 2mrw. 008 just sold, 8ight goes on ebay with 1 vintage rc10 and a vintage tamiya. a proper t4 is en route soon. so i'll be just fine. shame onroad has gone way it has especially since i'm movin closer to it. but oh well shite happens.

R
Old 10-07-2009, 08:54 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by trickedyfz450
Yeah I agree! The shop looks good Brian I like the way your orginizing everything it will def. make things easier!!! You must have been seeing rc parts in your sleep last night!
Yeah I moved ALOT of parts thats for sure. I think tonight I will bust rear and get the body room all setup. Shouldn't take me too long and would show a huge improvment in a shorter amount of time.

That room is bad right now so it would stun guys to have it neatly organized. If I get out of work early I might get it done before everyone shows up tonight to race but it is big if. Not sure what time I can cut of work.
Old 10-07-2009, 09:00 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by ultegrasti
well slash will be here 2mrw. 008 just sold, 8ight goes on ebay with 1 vintage rc10 and a vintage tamiya. a proper t4 is en route soon. so i'll be just fine. shame onroad has gone way it has especially since i'm movin closer to it. but oh well shite happens.

R
I understand about the touring thing. Too bad those tracks have so much BS that its just not that fun to race at them anymore.

Bumps is alot less hassle free and attendance dwarfs the other tracks. Are oval race is so huge you can take the attendace of the local onroad tracks within a 2 hour radius of Harrisburg and they can't draw a 1/4 of what we do on just are weekly shows let along the CW race at 550 In 20 minutes)!!!!!!!!!!!!! Vegas race didn't come close to this in attendance.

The show of attendance shows where the racers want to be and thats not onroad in this area. Its dirt.......not carpet. Carpet is for my dog to sleep on or for the pit benches. Dirt is where its at. Pretty much every dirt oval or dirt offroad tracks are enjoying growth while the onroad tracks show little to no improvment in attendance.
Old 10-07-2009, 10:08 AM
Tech Elite

Anyone going to running 4wd mod this winter?
Old 10-07-2009, 10:29 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by KHoff7
Anyone going to running 4wd mod this winter?
I think it might be a little hit or miss than compared to last year. Plenty of guys have them though and will run them but not if it will be every week.

Karl great run at the Nats. Heard alot of great things about your performance in mod. Skys the limit for you so keep working hard as it is paying off. People are watching.
Old 10-07-2009, 10:37 AM
Tech Elite

I should be up on the 25th this month and come pretty regularly after that. Just need to find a class in addition to slash, I think I would go crazy with the lack of things to work on.

Thanks, the mod car was great all weekend. I think it was the first time ive looked at someone like Mike Blackstock as competition and not an idol.
Old 10-07-2009, 10:41 AM
Tech Elite

Also would 8th scale electric be allowed in the 8th scale buggy class?
Old 10-07-2009, 11:39 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Also would 8th scale electric be allowed in the 8th scale buggy class?
If we don't have enough to break the class up they will run together. We have ran them together in the past as well.
Old 10-07-2009, 11:40 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

I should be up on the 25th this month and come pretty regularly after that. Just need to find a class in addition to slash, I think I would go crazy with the lack of things to work on.

Thanks, the mod car was great all weekend. I think it was the first time ive looked at someone like Mike Blackstock as competition and not an idol.
Well good for you. Glad you did so well as you deserve it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.