Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
hudy complete offroad setup kit. >

hudy complete offroad setup kit.

hudy complete offroad setup kit.

Old 08-21-2009, 07:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default hudy complete offroad setup kit.

just bought one. Hope its worth all the chedder

i forgot to get the mat board though. Can i substitute something else??
Old 08-21-2009, 07:13 AM
Tech Champion

get a glass cutting board from Walmart.
Old 08-21-2009, 07:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

cool thanx.
Old 08-21-2009, 07:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

I got one of those white cutting boards like the butchers use
all it needs to be is flat and like 2x2 feet and you are set
you will like this tool it makes things allot easier to get things
setup right the first time use mine all the time
Old 08-21-2009, 10:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

It's worth it, I had one for my Xray. I went Losi 2.0 and they have so much slop that it seems pointless to me.
Old 08-21-2009, 10:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

not worth the money IMO

simple camber gauge is all you need
Old 08-21-2009, 10:49 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

I have the setup station hrom hudy and the simple camber guage too. The setup station takes all the guess workout. Worth the money in my opinion. I can dial my truggy in perfectly. On race day I usually use the simple camber guage and at home or on practice days when I want to change the setup I use the hudy. More acurate infomatio. Can never be bad.
Old 08-21-2009, 11:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

im agreeing with mr upgrade rc, waste of money.
Ive yet to see any pro use a setup station, freaking tebo only uses a pop can.
All you need for setup is a $6 camber gauge and a set of $14 digital calipers.

FYI you might be suprised to find 2 degrees of camber on the hudy station could be as much as 4 degrees mesured with a camber gauge.

the last thing is every car has two or three degrees of slop in it, if it doesnt your car is probably bound up.
Old 08-21-2009, 11:49 AM
Tech Fanatic

Been there and done that before with camber gauge. Frankly it's a pain in the ass to use. I'm wonder what you are doing caliper mearsuring the links that even worst than the camber gauge. After going to setup station the and car tracks better. I like to know how you know what the "pros" use at home. I have seen pro driver use setup station it at the track before. Myself I wouldn't bring setup station at the track.
Old 08-21-2009, 12:09 PM
Tech Champion

I've seen plenty of these out there. Damn near every 1/8th scale ONroad driver has one.

It is what it is. You can get by with a camber gauge, but if your trying real hard to get a good setting with a camber gauge alone its going to take a while.

There is play in the suspension so you kind of need to set "nominal" camber and toe settings. With the stand you can see the play, and even measure how much play you have. Can't do that with a pop can.

If your wheels are 2 degress warped (Proline) your going to be way off. The stand takes care of that.

The stand is just plain faster to use, unless your ok with a sloppy alighnment. I do an alighnment before every race, using a damn camber gauge alone makes it tedious work.
Old 08-21-2009, 12:57 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Semple
It's worth it, I had one for my Xray. I went Losi 2.0 and they have so much slop that it seems pointless to me.
LOL!
Old 08-21-2009, 01:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Semple
There must be a good 2-3 degree swing in my 8t 2.0 truggy camber just from the slop! I was so used to my 808 having so little slop that I thought something was wrong with my 8t 2.0 after I got it.

that setup station seems worth it for initial setup and building, but all you need at the track is a camber guage or pop can from what I can tell.
Old 08-21-2009, 01:51 PM
Tech Champion

Exactly, you don't take it to the track. I dial my car in between races and don't usually adjust at the track much anymore. (now that I'm close to a good setup)
Old 08-21-2009, 03:20 PM
Tech Apprentice

IMHO
if you crash alot you don't need it...
if you are puttin down some good lap times, get one and watch'em drop...

HTH
PEACE
TOPS
Old 08-21-2009, 04:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Zerodefect
I've seen plenty of these out there. Damn near every 1/8th scale ONroad driver has one.

It is what it is. You can get by with a camber gauge, but if your trying real hard to get a good setting with a camber gauge alone its going to take a while.

There is play in the suspension so you kind of need to set "nominal" camber and toe settings. With the stand you can see the play, and even measure how much play you have. Can't do that with a pop can.

If your wheels are 2 degress warped (Proline) your going to be way off. The stand takes care of that.

The stand is just plain faster to use, unless your ok with a sloppy alighnment. I do an alighnment before every race, using a damn camber gauge alone makes it tedious work.
I have to agree here. The reason every on-road racer and his brother has a setup stand is because even tiny differences have a large effect on handling. That said, it's not a necessary thing for off-roads as they do have more play/slop in general from higher abuse & wear.

As others have stated, camber/toe gauges or even the Soda can "eyeball" will method work but the advantage of a station is greater *consistency* in your setup.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.