Wiki Posts
Search

LCRC Racway - Oakland Mills, PA *NEW TRACK*

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2010, 09:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jmackani
I guess I might have to take a ride today to come and get the updated photo then.
Lots of things have changed since the pic was taken yesterday, but... it's a little wet here today and not much going on. I'm trying to get caught up in the cycle shop today while the track drys. Maybe see you this Tuesday or next???
Old 04-27-2010, 04:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I wonder what the 10 most highly regarded tracks are in the COUNTRY????? Sprinkler system, all sifted dirt, true stadium lights. I jokingly told Aaron to put sod down in the island portions of the track and he said 'we are'. This is going to be epic........

Last edited by rallyebmx; 04-27-2010 at 05:01 PM.
Old 04-27-2010, 06:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I spent 3 hrs at the track today. Couldn't get over how big it actually is now. An honest 200' long! Broke the truggy out for some pipe testing but actually did more layout testing since it was the first vehicle on the track. The daytona turn is wild. Very unique to anything i've seen on a track. My truggy came off the turn at an unbelievable speed. Things are looking good for central pa racing this year. 3 tracks that i've been to this year that made major positive changes are lost creek, drums and reading. I guarantee cali. doesn't have 3 tracks that close together near the caliber of the 3 tracks i just mentioned. Good times!
Old 04-27-2010, 07:04 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rallyebmx
I wonder what the 10 most highly regarded tracks are in the COUNTRY????? Sprinkler system, all sifted dirt, true stadium lights. I jokingly told Aaron to put sod down in the island portions of the track and he said 'we are'. This is going to be epic........
Green Grass makes everyone smile

The electrical contractor was here tonight to finialize our plan, power should be in the container by the 8th, don't want to promise lights yet, I'll know for sure by the first of next week.

The stair case has been built, broken, repaired and is now finished. Some rookie Bobcat driver decided to run into the top step and wreck it, but thanks to some quick work by the Machanicks we had on hand the problem repaired and the staircase is sweet!

Hammbone came by today with a running truggy so we tested some of the jumps and the daytona turn, the jumps are all good but one, which I'll fix tomorrow and the daytona turn is...well you'll just have to come see for yourself.

It's all coming together, just taking a little longer that it should. Rome wasn't built in a day either. (that's what I keep telling myself)

Thanks

Kevin
Old 04-27-2010, 07:31 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Kevin,
you are doing an extremely awesome job on the track.rob is right.so is Tom.man this place is going be be sick..
Old 04-27-2010, 07:33 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by hambone
I I guarantee cali. doesn't have 3 tracks that close together near the caliber of the 3 tracks i just mentioned. Good times!
Thats what im talking about! LCRC will have to be up there on the world scale......
Old 04-27-2010, 07:34 PM
Tech Elite

Is it just a rumor, or is true the IFMAR worlds are confirmed for Oakland Mills for 2012?
Old 04-27-2010, 08:37 PM
Tech Elite

Smile

Green Grass makes everyone smile.

You were holding out on me this afternoon?
Old 04-28-2010, 08:14 PM
Tech Master

Default track progress update

Things started to come together today. I've finished the dirt work on the Daytona turn and started to roll it in. The off camber turn needs a little more dirt to make it right, the stair case is done, just need a little back fill, and the up hill has a better lip on it. I've done a little more work on the drainage but still more to be done there. The sprinklers are still only 50% complete and none of the pipe is down. I'll be out of town for the weekend but a few of the guys are going to pick up my slack this weekend. I'll be back in town on Monday afternoon and in full RC swing by Tuesday. I hope to have the track layout complete by Tuseday evening if anyone wants to come and get some track time in before next weekend's big season opener. Here are a few picks from late this evening.

Hope to see you May 8th

Kevin
Attached Thumbnails LCRC Racway - Oakland Mills, PA *NEW TRACK*-img00182.jpg   LCRC Racway - Oakland Mills, PA *NEW TRACK*-img00183.jpg   LCRC Racway - Oakland Mills, PA *NEW TRACK*-img00184.jpg   LCRC Racway - Oakland Mills, PA *NEW TRACK*-img00185.jpg  
Old 04-30-2010, 04:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (98%+)

Track looks great me and about 5 other guys coming from MD next weekend for your opening day, about 2.5 hours or so but we wanna see the awesome track you been building. We all race at the Coloseium in Fredrick MD we are roadies but love having fun in the dirt..
Old 04-30-2010, 05:03 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Yeah yeah kash....The roadie didn't seem to have any trouble running your electric 1/8 to a win two weeks ago did ya....lol.... You say anything to medina about headin up? Might have to join ya to make ya look even better...
Old 04-30-2010, 06:58 PM
Tech Elite

Pictures don't do the track justice. This joint isn't gonna disappoint. Talking abt close to the size motorama was. Kevin shooting for 43 second lap times. Anybody looking for action tomorrow night come to Drums. Quals start at 4pm. Night racin, oh yeah!
Old 04-30-2010, 07:41 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Kash,

You guys will not be disappointed. Wait until you guys see this place, top notch facility and due to their atv motocross schedule they will probably only run once a month. It's definitely worth the 2.5 hour trip. I can't make G's tomorrow because I already had plans to go up to here and work on the track.
Old 05-01-2010, 06:03 AM
Tech Apprentice

anything going on sunday?
Old 05-01-2010, 09:42 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by squatchy2009
anything going on sunday?
Brandon,

Probably not, Kevin is out of town with the race team.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.