Wiki Posts
Search

Need a model shop in Whistler, Canada

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2004, 03:03 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Need a model shop in Whistler, Canada

Greetings

Was wondering if anyone knew if there is a r/c model shop in Whistler, Canada. A mate of mine is going there for a couple of weeks snowboarding and said he'd pick up a couple of things for me. Any E-mail addy's or websites would be much appreciated.

I'm after a Tamiya soldering iron, heard they're quite cheap over your side of the pond.

Cheers in advance.

//Stu
Old 01-25-2004, 07:43 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Can't do anything about a hobby shop in Whistler; however, your personal saying at the end is a perfect thought.
Old 01-29-2004, 03:41 PM
Tech Rookie

Ragman/Stu

I spent a couple of months out in Whistler last year and I certainly don't remember any R/C model shops in Whistler. There is a toy shop, but it was mainly toys for really young children.

Your best bet is probably to find an R/C model shop in Vancouver and either ask your mate very kindly to take a bus into Vancouver and pick it up, or if you speak to the shop nicely, they may deliver to Whistler as it is not that far away +- 1 1/2 hrs. Tell you're mate that Vancouver is worth a visit, which it is.

I unfortunately do not know the model shops in Vancouver, but you will probably have more luck in finding one in Vancouver than in Whistler. There is a person with the username Fire in this forum and they appear to be from Vancouver, maybe if you PM them, they would be able to help you. Just a thought.
Old 01-29-2004, 04:16 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Race Tech Hobbies
#2-2731 Barnet Hwy.
Coquitlam, BC
V3E 1K9

Phone
604-945-3888

Toll Free most likely only work if in Canada or USA
877-945-3888

http://racetech.bc.ca/