Community
Wiki Posts
Search

VP-Pro Tires

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2010, 08:33 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I am currently using the VP Pro 802-s on my MBX-6 with great result as I managed a second fastest lap of the day and a 2nd place finish in the A main at my track. Even after all that the tires still have alot of life remaining and with just a rotation they will be good to go for another race.

Sean
Old 08-14-2010, 07:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

this may help a little ..i generally use the axeman,turbotrax,cutoffs,strykers,condors

Old 08-14-2010, 08:14 AM
Tech Master

LOL well that narrows it down a bit hahaha, I am currently able to bget the 801,802 and 803 for $29 in a set of 4 with rims and inserts unglued. So I have gottin 2 more of the 802(cutoffs) but am very intetested to try the others.

Sean
Old 08-14-2010, 08:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BLKNOTCH
LOL well that narrows it down a bit hahaha, I am currently able to bget the 801,802 and 803 for $29 in a set of 4 with rims and inserts unglued. So I have gottin 2 more of the 802(cutoffs) but am very intetested to try the others.

Sean
the chart is your best source ...it has been said that vp tires are copies of other tires i mean all tires are copies of good ideas on tires ...they work period ...and they are better priced than others ...and they last longer than others ....and they come with good closed cell foams ....if you run on very loamy tracks that are loose with loose dirt and rocks ...run the strykers or the cuttoffs ...if you run a more groomed track that is hard pack with a light dust always on it ...run the axeman condors and turbo traxx ....if you are on blue groove tracks with a good racing line with no dust ....run axeman or turbo traxx ....if you are in doubt and need that go to tire try axeman ...they work just about everywhere
Old 08-14-2010, 08:56 AM
Tech Master

Very cool, my track is very loose and dusty and at times can even seem like a beach in area's. As I was saying I am currently able to get the 801(Madrunner), 802(cutoffs) and 803(Stryker) and from what you are saying I will get a couple of sets of the 803 to go with my 802's. I am guessing the 801's are not a top option as they are not mentioned, maybe a bit to aggressive? Thanks for the advise as I am still trying to get the hang of offroad as I am sure many of us are and all the info we can get always helps. I made a big mistake when I first glued my Cutoffs at the last race as I didnt use any form of hold down for the bead, the tire stayed glued but not all the way along the outer bead of the rim. What would happen is the tire would open a gap between the rim and the tire allowing it to flex far more then intended which would cause my buggy to roll over at times. I have purchased tire straps for my new tires for glueing so all should be ok for the next race LOL.

Sean
Old 08-14-2010, 05:14 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

We have been using VP Pro all this year and absolutley love them, we mainly use axeman, ultra flexx in the colder weather and medium when its warm and low flexx on abrasive tracks and turbo track every so often. The inserts are strong and reusable, similar to AKA inserts, they are light weight(lot lighter than other PRO line of tyres) wear is great and best of all the price is right!!! best bet is pick some up, try them out and judge for yourself.

Cheers
Scott