Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Site for RC Car Bashers - Plus Contest

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2009, 12:15 AM
Tech Rookie

Talking New Site for RC Car Bashers - Plus Contest

Hi everyone, I just launched a new site that's going to target RC Car Bashers. The site is going to have RC Car tips, news, reviews and contests.

To get things kicked off we're going to be launching a contest in the next few days as soon as I finish lining up some sponsors. So far I have a couple of sponsors and about $200 worth of prizes.

If you like RC Car Bashing, come take a look at our new site and register for our free newsletter to be notified as soon as our contest launches.

You can find the site here: RCCarbasher.com

Feedback is welcome and appreciated!

Thanks.
Old 08-08-2009, 12:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rccarbasher
Hi everyone, I just launched a new site that's going to target RC Car Bashers. The site is going to have RC Car tips, news, reviews and contests.

To get things kicked off we're going to be launching a contest in the next few days as soon as I finish lining up some sponsors. So far I have a couple of sponsors and about $200 worth of prizes.

If you like RC Car Bashing, come take a look at our new site and register for our free newsletter to be notified as soon as our contest launches.

You can find the site here: RCCarbasher.com

Feedback is welcome and appreciated!

Thanks.
I just checked it out and it's a good start. The biggest drawback of the site right now is the lack of content, but that's to be expected since it's new.

I think they overally design and layout are nice and clean.

I was surprised to see there isn't a forum on the site.
Old 08-12-2009, 12:11 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper
I just checked it out and it's a good start. The biggest drawback of the site right now is the lack of content, but that's to be expected since it's new.

I think they overally design and layout are nice and clean.

I was surprised to see there isn't a forum on the site.
Thanks Jato. Launching a new site is always a balancing act of spending energy on design, content and promotion. We'll have a lot more content soon, but I really want to focus on high-quality rich media content (video's etc.) to offer something new to the community that hasn't been done before.

We've also just launched a new contest with lots of prizes up for grabs. There is a link on our home page. (I can't post a URL here yet as my account is too new.)

As far as having a forum, I'm considering that option, but there are already so many great RC forums out there I'm not sure if there is a reason to start yet another one, unless it's unique enough to draw a crowd.

If there's enough demand for an RC Car Basher forum I will definitely get one up there.