Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Palmaris engine thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2004, 08:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey Chris! Any news from Keyosho cup in HK?
Old 11-01-2004, 10:43 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Thanks Edward

Ill give it a real work out and let you know.
Old 11-01-2004, 06:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Kyosho Cup A2

BRB p/s set finished 2nd in the A main on Sunday's Kyosho Cup in HK.

My driver was using the BRB on a NS12 crankcase and rest of the field JP FX, MAX, Rody tuned, most outlaw engines

He started 5th and got to 2nd after 10mins. We clearly have the fastest and most consistant engine in the A main but lost time in the beginning trying to pass guys in front of us. We were 6 sec behind the winner.

BRB Setting:
MAX single pc exhaust, 5mm
Novarossi tf 7
Odonnel 30%
0.35mm head shim
Standard BRB p/s
NS12 crankcase with higher induction timming.
Old 11-02-2004, 05:15 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Kyosho Cup A2

Originally posted by kitracer
Congratulation to you Chris and your driver. Really good work.
Old 11-02-2004, 08:13 AM
Tech Regular

Hey edward i notice the port in the BRB sleeve i have for the ns12 are very small compared to the stock one, just want to make sure this is correct and i have the right one.
thanks Bart
Old 11-02-2004, 08:37 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by bcquick
Hey edward i notice the port in the BRB sleeve i have for the ns12 are very small compared to the stock one, just want to make sure this is correct and i have the right one.
thanks Bart
Hi Bart.
Tssssssssssss!!!!!!!!
You have noticed right. This is newest design sleeve and this is the one which blowing the tracks.
I am sure some people will say it is wrong, ports must to be bigger for more flow, but there some processes which not too many people aware of, that are changing pictures with smaller ports. It is not phenomen, just out of ordinary way to solve some flow issues. This is the thing we were working for last couple of month. I will not disclose any nubers ( angles on ports, sizes, offsets etc), but can tell you timing events are stock. We try to rase exhaust-didn't work the way we want to-required chnge pipes which is not possible. That sleeves do not need any extra cuts or modding ( actualy it will hirt peformance if it is done), just keep it running, make sure you tune your clutch and car right.
Old 11-02-2004, 09:00 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Re: Kyosho Cup A2

Originally posted by kitracer
Congrats to Team Palmaris HK! That's a great result. I'm sure more are to come.
Old 11-03-2004, 06:07 PM
Tech Regular

Edward i sent you pm thanks
Old 11-04-2004, 07:03 AM
Tech Adept

Default TOP GUN 777 and BRCA Foams

Hi Edward,

There is no more outlaw class in the national serie of the 1/10th IC in the UK.It is all down to 3 ports and 16% nitro...what a restriction, but it will be cheaper in the long run !!!!

I was having radio problem last weekend, i.e the throttle would not response at some parts of the track ( it stay in neutral, and suddenly the radio come back on...seem to happen when i want full throttle...changed reciever, crystal,battery, servos, and TX as well !!!!). Set the fastest lap of the race even with this problem!!!

Ed, i will be running your p/s set this weekend in the RODY.

Ed could you pm me a price for a 3 ports version of your engine coz i might be interested in getting one and what about the 3.5cc BRB p/s set as welll?

p.s any suggustions for my radio problems from anyone !!!

Philip
Old 11-04-2004, 07:06 AM
Tech Adept

Default Top Gun 777

Ed,

Is there a newer version of the BRB p/s set from you for the 2.11cc ? If so have i got the old or new one ?

Thanks

phillip
Old 11-04-2004, 08:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: TOP GUN 777 and BRCA Foams

Originally posted by xtreme888
Hi Edward,

There is no more outlaw class in the national serie of the 1/10th IC in the UK.It is all down to 3 ports and 16% nitro...what a restriction, but it will be cheaper in the long run !!!!

I was having radio problem last weekend, i.e the throttle would not response at some parts of the track ( it stay in neutral, and suddenly the radio come back on...seem to happen when i want full throttle...changed reciever, crystal,battery, servos, and TX as well !!!!). Set the fastest lap of the race even with this problem!!!

Ed, i will be running your p/s set this weekend in the RODY.

Ed could you pm me a price for a 3 ports version of your engine coz i might be interested in getting one and what about the 3.5cc BRB p/s set as welll?

p.s any suggustions for my radio problems from anyone !!!

Philip
Philip, check the Module as well.
Also, u sure this is not air leaking problem and not the radio because it is just the throttle servo.
Old 11-05-2004, 07:42 AM
Tech Adept

Hi Chris,

Already changed module with friend ! Gosh, i never thought of that !!!! Fuel tubing and air leak !!! The reason is that i am not moving the steering servo on the straight !!! I am going to put in new fuel tubing tonite and hit the track on Sat morning. Will let you know asap ..

Thanks

philip
Old 11-07-2004, 07:29 AM
Tech Adept

Hi Ed and Chris,

Horrible rain in South of England...the track dried out slowly, hence traction was not that good. My throttle problem disapperared after changing fuel....went from byron to runner time. BRB p/s set in NSR. lap time were about 14.5, where was manually counted as transponder system was not set up. The two person who finished ahead of me last time were now following my trial of smoke !!!! One was using a new jp 5 ports and another a nova rossi 7 ports !!! Man this p/s set is excellent, i was able to pull away in the corners so fast, and also i let them pass and then overtake them on the fastest parts of the track !!! temp was around 168`F with # 6 nova rossi short plug.

Ed, what temp would you think that is the optimun running temp for this BRB set.

Ed gonna need a set for the 3.5cc !!!!!!

philip
Old 11-07-2004, 08:05 AM
Tech Adept

Hi Ed and Chris,

Horrible rain in South of England...the track dried out slowly, hence traction was not that good. My throttle problem disapperared after changing fuel....went from byron to runner time. BRB p/s set in NSR. lap time were about 14.5, where was manually counted as transponder system was not set up. The two person who finished ahead of me last time were now following my trial of smoke !!!! One was using a new jp 5 ports and another a nova rossi 7 ports !!! Man this p/s set is excellent, i was able to pull away in the corners so fast, and also i let them pass and then overtake them on the fastest parts of the track !!! temp was around 168`F with # 6 nova rossi short plug.

Ed, what temp would you think that is the optimun running temp for this BRB set.

Ed gonna need a set for the 3.5cc !!!!!!

philip
Old 11-07-2004, 01:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

what is a "BRB" p&s set?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.