Wiki Posts
Search

Palmaris engine thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2006, 05:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by uniquexme
is it true that BRB cannot be modified? Does the PR12 comes with modified linear and crankshaft and body? where can i get it, coz i would like to know how much it cost.
Like what teammpp said, the BRB does not need to be modified. But the more important thing is that, it is NOT recommended to modify the BRB, due to the harmful nature of the material used to construct the set - berylium (spelling?) The engine is good and fast enough out-of-box, stock. A new PR12 cost around RM1 - 1.1k.
Old 10-20-2006, 05:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

hello tommi, i am from sarawak.

is it true that the current palmaris and axial engines (both share similar technologies) are prototype only? when would the final products be launching?
Old 10-20-2006, 07:17 PM
Tech Elite

hello tommi, i am from sarawak.

is it true that the current palmaris and axial engines (both share similar technologies) are prototype only? when would the final products be launching?
No they are not. When a product is made available to the public, it is no longer called a prototype. As a matter of fact, the currently available Palmaris BRB p/s sets are into generation 3 already (if I'm not mistaken, correct me if i'm wrong Chris) They have surpassed the testing stage, and being proven in races.
Old 10-20-2006, 07:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

hmm. how come there are different versions all around? but i heard that the only problem with palmaris is loosing high end
Old 10-20-2006, 07:48 PM
Tech Elite

hmm. how come there are different versions all around? but i heard that the only problem with palmaris is loosing high end
Different versions as in? Palmaris makes the BRB first, then improved to the current 3rd generation. Along the way, they developed the bi-metal set as well, so you have the option to go BRB or bi-metal. Axial 0.12 engine is using the bi-metal (again I hope i get my facts right).

Used to be my problem to loosing high end power when I first switched to using the BRB 3-port from the usual outlaw 5-porters, keeping the same gearing and using the outlaw pipe. And then along the way tweaking with the engine tuning and settings of clutch and gearing, the Palmaris then gives me the power I need. In order to churn out the right power from different engines, choice of pipe, gearing and clutch is vital. Found out that going to 5.2mm/LEGAL pipe will give you more build-up pressure, and hence gives the high-end. The 2630 is a great pipe, but I'm currently using Max 2615 pipe with great success.
Old 10-22-2006, 05:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

can some1 share with me the photos of palmaris engine's piston, linear, crankshaft and body pls? thanks.
Old 10-27-2006, 05:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Palmaris Profi PR12

Does anyone knows the bearing size for Palmaris PR12? my frenz just got a this new engine, but doesnt want to open up his engine, so can someone advise wat bearing it use?
Old 10-27-2006, 06:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

can someone tell me wats the difference between bi-metal and BRB? and wat does the stock PR12 comes with? BRB or Bi-metal?
Old 10-27-2006, 06:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Does anyone knows the bearing size for Palmaris PR12? my frenz just got a this new engine, but doesnt want to open up his engine, so can someone advise wat bearing it use?
Main bearign is 12X21X5, front bearing is 7X19X6-all sizes are common.
Old 10-27-2006, 07:07 PM
Tech Elite

can someone tell me wats the difference between bi-metal and BRB? and wat does the stock PR12 comes with? BRB or Bi-metal?
BRB is single metall design sleeve and Bi-metal is double metall fused together sleeve design. The difference is that we use low expantion rate metall on the top of sleeve on the bi-metal and low expantion rate metal for whole BRB sleeve.
Stock engine can be in both versions-BRB or Bi-metal-depend on preferences.
On the pic you can see the difference-right is bi-metal and left is BRB.
Attached Thumbnails Palmaris engine thread-s3700027.jpg  
Old 10-27-2006, 08:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

ok thanks for the bearing size, can i just check with u guys. Does the engine comes with box and instruction manual and glow plug? coz his engine doesn't comes with all these packaging. wat brand of plug can he use? coz i think he put a OS plug inside. thanks. btw, how much does this engine cost? m also thinking of getting 1 for myself.
Old 10-28-2006, 08:53 AM
Tech Apprentice

ED you have PM
Old 10-29-2006, 11:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default engine leaking oil

just got a PR12, love its powerful pick-up speed. However, there is this problem that cannot be fixed - engine leaking oil, so badly that at the end of the day, the whole car is covered with black oil. at 1st, we figure out its the caburator, coz there are these fresh nitro spitting out of it, just at the section between the cab and crankcase, so we use red silicon gasket, but it failed. then we replaced the whole carburator with RB's. at 1st, it seems all rite, but later, oil is leaking again, this time, we dunno where it came from. under chassis is filled with oil. has anyone face this problem?

another wierd thing with PR12 & BRB is that they have very inconsistance change of gear at straight road, coz my frenz BRB is also the same. His is even worse, need to lean up to 135oC before there is any true power. but for mine, other than oil leaking, its ok. just that top speed is also inconsistance.

oh can anyone post a picture of the PR12 caburator? coz mine do not have the palmaris logo on it (like for RB or OS, they have these engraved logo)

and last nite, after removing my engine and give it a good clean on the outside and some after run, i went to clean my car, then after tat, i noticed that there are still some oil at the crankcase (even when i put it on the desK). so can anyone help me? i m thinking if the crankcase is leaking, how can we see it?
Old 11-04-2006, 05:59 AM
Tech Fanatic

guys, may i know wat con rod does this PR12 use? can we use Nova Con Rod? would like to ask the difference between PR12 and the Axial Green Colored heatsink engine, are they the same? thanks
Old 11-04-2006, 07:36 AM
Tech Elite

guys, may i know wat con rod does this PR12 use? can we use Nova Con Rod? would like to ask the difference between PR12 and the Axial Green Colored heatsink engine, are they the same? thanks
Conrod is very somilar as Novarossi NS series, so yes you can use it. There are some different points on some parts between PR 12 and Axial green engines-but general set up is same. Parts interchangble.
Edward

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.