Wiki Posts
Search

Servo Issues

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2009, 04:40 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Servo Issues

I've been using the Futaba S9452 digital servo on the steering of my 1/8 buggy, but not for very long. Overall it hasn't seen much use, but now it is broken. My dilemma is that I can't find the damn receipt to send it in for a warranty repair. My main question is, since I highly doubt the company would believe me, is whether a paid repair is worth it. I don't know a lot about the internal workings of a servo, but I think it is the amplifier or something like that. When the servo moves in makes a nasty clicking sound, and I can stop it with one finger. Do you guys have any idea how much a repair would cost on that, and if its worth fixing? I'm pretty upset about this because its not that old, and I can't believe I managed to misplace the receipt. Any help is appreciated.

-Thanks
Old 08-06-2009, 04:45 PM
Tech Adept

see if the company that you bought it from might have records of the receipts.
Old 08-06-2009, 05:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jamminx2kid
see if the company that you bought it from might have records of the receipts.
+1 and if thats the servo futaba makes with the 1 plastic gear in it ...get a hitech on the rebound ....7995tg it wont break and they have an excellent warranty