Wiki Posts
Search

NewB On-Road question :)

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2009, 09:23 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default NewB On-Road question :)

I purchased an XRAY 007 recently and I have three Orion Lipo batteries. I want to run them but the battery pack does not fully fit within the slots.

The negative wire coming out of the terminal hits the upper deck.

Is there a way to push the battery outward or should I Dremel out a little bit of the upper deck (3-4mm) to provide clearance for the wire?

It seems to me that with the motor hanging outside the chassis, the car would be better balanced if the battery pack also hung out the chassis a little bit.

Is that doable?
Old 08-04-2009, 09:33 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

I just finished re-vamping my 007 for rubber tire spec class and I moved the post's out a position and my 5000mah hard cases fit perfect. Did you try moving the post's out? Look under the chassis and you'll notice multiple spots that you can move those post's(I believe). However, Your chassis may be different than mine. I'm not sure.
Old 08-04-2009, 11:40 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SwampDog32
I just finished re-vamping my 007 for rubber tire spec class and I moved the post's out a position and my 5000mah hard cases fit perfect. Did you try moving the post's out? Look under the chassis and you'll notice multiple spots that you can move those post's(I believe). However, Your chassis may be different than mine. I'm not sure.
Yes, there are multiple holes but if I move the posts out then how do I keep the battery from sliding outside the chassis?? The posts only keep the battery from sliding front and back but the small plastic retainers keep it from sliding inwards towards the drive belt and outwards towards the body of the car.

I'm not sure how moving the posts to the outside hole will keep the battery in place. Can you post a picture please? Thanks.
Old 08-04-2009, 12:01 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Maybe I'm missing something. But I am using Hudy Tape to strap down my lipos. look at link below.

http://www.hudy.net/xhudy/products/p...5&kategoria=69
Old 08-04-2009, 12:09 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally Posted by t4tx
I purchased an XRAY 007 recently and I have three Orion Lipo batteries. I want to run them but the battery pack does not fully fit within the slots.

The negative wire coming out of the terminal hits the upper deck.

Is there a way to push the battery outward or should I Dremel out a little bit of the upper deck (3-4mm) to provide clearance for the wire?

It seems to me that with the motor hanging outside the chassis, the car would be better balanced if the battery pack also hung out the chassis a little bit.

Is that doable?
I Dremeled a small notch in the top deck so that the negative bullet connector on the Orion packs would clear it. Works great. I also stuck lead weights on the outside edge of the Orion pack in order to make weight.

With a flat bottom pack like the SMC or ThunderPower packs, I use one of those LiPo weight plates from Hyperdrive and use servo tape to hold the pack to the plate, then tape the whole thing in the chassis. The weight plate sits in the slots flat and square in the battery slots, and the pack is taped to the plate at an angle so that it doesn't interfere with the top deck. However, then Orion packs have bumps on the bottom, so to use that method you'd have to grind the nubs off.