Wiki Posts
Search

What happened to Carolinas RC?

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2009, 11:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default What happened to Carolinas RC?

Site use to be great for getting parts. Now, 80% of their items are backorder. I am at the point, i shouldnt even bother checking there site for parts, tires or engines.

Sad, i used to like ordering from them.
Old 08-01-2009, 11:11 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bigedmond
Site use to be great for getting parts. Now, 80% of their items are backorder. I am at the point, i shouldnt even bother checking there site for parts, tires or engines.

Carolinasrc has always been good to me. They have offered to have the dist drop ship straight to my home. I don't know what is going on except I hear that carolinasrc is getting ready to become huge. Maybe it's the calm before the storm. I do have to say I see them doing good things but be patient and keep watching.
Old 08-01-2009, 11:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

+1 I now just order from Amain mostly. I did get a online survey from CarolinasRC and looks like they are trying to make some changes by expanding their inventory to keep out of stocks to minimum...we'll see.
Old 08-01-2009, 11:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

man the economy sux you know ...i just went to mod hobby.com and alex has had to shut down his online store ....sux ...but yeh amain always has everything
Old 08-01-2009, 11:38 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bigedmond

I was going to ask the same thing. every time I go looking for a part or something they say it's back ordered.
Old 08-01-2009, 11:41 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 266 (100%+)
Default .

I love carolinasrc they have good discounts. If you see something in back order make sure you log in, sometimes they have it in stock after you log in.
Old 08-01-2009, 11:45 AM
Tech Regular

I was wondering about the same thing, so I sendt them an e-mail.

The responce was reassuring:
We are NOT! going down we will be back and stronger than ever in about a
month just bare with us. I apologize for the out of stocks here is a $10.00
gift code off your next order for your inconvenience the code is XXXXX.
I'm sticking with them, however its kinda hard, since all I want to buy is on backorder
Old 08-01-2009, 12:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Just some FYI. I know must of you guys who shop internet at CarolinasRC can't be kept in the loop on everything. That's what suxs about internet shopping. You never get to know the people who own the establishments or know what they are trying to do. John (the owner) is currently in a deal with a group to develop Metrolina speedway. The place where Dale Sr. won his first race. He is going to open up a big new store. That will include 1-2 indoor tracks and about 2 outdoor tracks. His project is huge and going to do allot for local racers. Not to mention allot for all RC'ers as well surface, air and water. Be patient and keep giving him your business. He is a great person and tries to do allot for RC'ers which he is one of.

http://www.wbtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=10458159
Old 08-01-2009, 12:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 126 (100%+)

how long ago did you send the email thanks
Old 08-01-2009, 02:21 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by gkn0315
how long ago did you send the email thanks
who, me?
Two days ago.
Old 08-01-2009, 03:50 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vladconnery
Just some FYI. I know must of you guys who shop internet at CarolinasRC can't be kept in the loop on everything. Be patient and keep giving him your business. He is a great person and tries to do allot for RC'ers which he is one of.
But if you destroy your customer base in the process, then that much harder to rebuild because many of those original customers will not come back. I had an order in last week and one of the items I ordered never showed. I finally called and then they said it was discontinued. I had them look into a similar replacement and what they found was listed on their site as backordered. I told the guy what their website showed and he said he had it in is hands. Now, they have been good to me in the past year + (very quick processing and shipping, answered most of my questions, etc) A quick tip with them - whatever you order - call them to see if they really do or really don't have the items your looking for, then place the order online.
Old 08-01-2009, 05:51 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

For the longest time I was a huge fan (and still am) of Carolinas RC. That started to change beginning this year when I experienced the same issue as the person who started this thread. I had a $100 voucher with terms that reqiured the whole amount be spent and I had a very difficult time finding enough things in stock that I actually wanted/needed to use it. I was finally able to get it done in June after getting the voucher at Christmas time. Amain and ebay got a lot of my business during this time because of it. I always liked Carolinas shipping speed but lack of inventory was the predominate deciding factor in my orders going elsewhere.

Last edited by rstnboy; 08-01-2009 at 06:17 PM.
Old 08-01-2009, 05:57 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Honesty, i find it rude that people feel the need to post something like this on a public forum. If you are having a problem with a company or someone, just call them and ask the question yourself. Coming onto a public forum and basicly trash talking a company is flat out rude. I am not saying you cant be fruststrated but if you have an issue, they are only a phone call away. I can confirm that i have a received an email of their expansion in the next few months. Serouisly though, its sad i even feel the need to make this post.
Old 08-01-2009, 06:24 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Statement of fact, while not necessarily what people want to hear, is still a statement of fact. Rude or not, this is a discussion forum for...drum roll please...DISCUSSION!

And, some people did contact the retailer and post the results of that contact. Rather than everyone bogging them down with the same question, the message is now available here and we can all look forward to a more robust inventory from one of our favorite on-line shops.

End result - message disseminated and company can focus manpower on stocking new inventory vs. answering the same redundant question - let's call it a WIN!
Old 08-01-2009, 07:28 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

<---races at CRC and post on the forum and know the employees

I love the place, and i've never been to a place that's helped more or had more advice with KNOWLEDGEABLE employees as i have there. i do agree it sucks about the backorder on stuff...but, they TRY. Some stuff just sells out fast, real fast. And a lot of stuff seem to be on backorder and they just fill the orders when it comes in and more people want it so the backorder cycle keeps going. i mean, that's just how supply/demand works.

this is the first i've heard of the new plans...but holy crap this is gonna be awesome if it happens!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.