Wiki Posts
Search

What happened to Carolinas RC?

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2009, 06:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ABURTON
Bren, looked through your orders. I tried to narrow down what you are waiting on. You have 5 orders total with carolinas. I seen one from march 19, that had a $1.69 CEN part on backorder, I also seen one that had a black losi wing on order. I'm assuming it's the CEN part since cody now is with his losi

If you need a losi part in place of that CEN part let me know what you need. I'll make sure it gets out. It also looks like you have 158 reward points for use anytime.

Hope this helps.
Dang i even get a 1st name basis from you Alan, thanks.
I too have got to the 8ight 2.0 so the CEN hinge balls were mine (not needed). As for the points on my very last order i tried to use $5.00 worth of rewards with my order along with the regular discount code, it gave me the discount code but not the reward discount but did subract the points anyway. So i called and and explained that i would like my points added back to my total and instead got a code to use, that will expire at some point. It's not that i don't like Carolina's but why make things more difficult for the customer? And i do understand we're only talking less than an hours pay but it was more the principal of the whole mess.
Example completely unrelated to Carolina's, we placed an order with a certain company, gave the CC# and found out that we had been charged for about 9 peoples shipping costs. ($14.99) That's almost $150.00 gone for 2 weeks plus many calls to the bank. Yes we got our money back but why should we have to deal with that type of situation, again it was not Carolina's.
As you've obviously been involved with this situation then you must know the owner which i have heard very good things about so i am in no way meaning anything derogatory about Jon (?), it's just the whole online experience sometimes gets you frustrated.
I did not know my LHS owner when i 1st purchased from him but now we are good friends and he will even let me run an account (on account i have no money)
Coty just bought 2 pipes (Dynamite 086) and a Truggy body this week and a few parts totaling $150.00, well with the codes i have and the discount code we were going to save money at Carolina's but every thing was backordered and he needed the pipes this week.
I mean no harm to Carolina's and they are still my only online shop i use when i don't use my LHS. Thanks for your help and see you in 2 weeks at the RC Pro race.
Old 08-02-2009, 07:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I would always call even if something says backorder, being close to the shop I see things all the time that say out of stock on the website bu are on the shelf if you walk in.

On the same token, if you go to buy multiple items and it says "there's only 1 in inventory" call and make sure it's actually there. I have seen things that are available online so I drive over to get it, and they don't have one, so I thought maybe it sold in the 15 minutes it takes me to get there, but it still says available when I get home. While this is frustrating, thy do what they can and I still try and support them for what I need.

FYI- I was there last week and there was an OS 2050 on the shelf but it shows backorder, also the Losi Re11 shows in stock but there wasn't one there when I asked to see it. Yes I checked same day. Moral of the story, call first.
Old 08-02-2009, 07:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bgbelden
Dang i even get a 1st name basis from you Alan, thanks.
I too have got to the 8ight 2.0 so the CEN hinge balls were mine (not needed). As for the points on my very last order i tried to use $5.00 worth of rewards with my order along with the regular discount code, it gave me the discount code but not the reward discount but did subract the points anyway. So i called and and explained that i would like my points added back to my total and instead got a code to use, that will expire at some point. It's not that i don't like Carolina's but why make things more difficult for the customer? And i do understand we're only talking less than an hours pay but it was more the principal of the whole mess.
Example completely unrelated to Carolina's, we placed an order with a certain company, gave the CC# and found out that we had been charged for about 9 peoples shipping costs. ($14.99) That's almost $150.00 gone for 2 weeks plus many calls to the bank. Yes we got our money back but why should we have to deal with that type of situation, again it was not Carolina's.
As you've obviously been involved with this situation then you must know the owner which i have heard very good things about so i am in no way meaning anything derogatory about Jon (?), it's just the whole online experience sometimes gets you frustrated.
I did not know my LHS owner when i 1st purchased from him but now we are good friends and he will even let me run an account (on account i have no money)
Coty just bought 2 pipes (Dynamite 086) and a Truggy body this week and a few parts totaling $150.00, well with the codes i have and the discount code we were going to save money at Carolina's but every thing was backordered and he needed the pipes this week.
I mean no harm to Carolina's and they are still my only online shop i use when i don't use my LHS. Thanks for your help and see you in 2 weeks at the RC Pro race.
tell coty to get her ready.....
Old 08-02-2009, 08:12 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ABURTON
tell coty to get her ready.....
Easier said than done, just blew a rod yesterday in his truggy motor, so we'll have to see the actual damage when he gets it tore down.
You have PM
Old 08-02-2009, 08:46 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Additional helping hand

Anyone may also get ahold of me if they have questions regarding their orders at CarolinasRC. I only work on Sundays and today Robbie brought this thread to my attention. Although I only work there on Sundays, I am usually there several days throughout the week and I don't mind driving over there to help anybody out. My wife does not understand the addiction, and never will.

If you have any questions/concerns it is best to contact me at [email protected].
Old 08-03-2009, 08:08 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)

The shop is going through a big process to eventually help everyone in this hobby out. They are low on inventory, but this was a necessary process by my understanding. They are working on getting inventory back up, so be patient with them, they will be back stronger than ever in the next months
Old 08-11-2009, 08:54 PM
Tech Master

Carolina's have outdone themselves. I had a minor purchase on backorder and no longer needed the part so they sent me what i did need and it cost them 10 times what i paid.
Really really thakful and appreciative, thanks Carolina's
Old 08-11-2009, 09:39 PM
vr6
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

didn;t want to read all of the post, but carolinas rc has been steller with me when i order things.

i have purchased 2 engine from the 1 go tech and most recently a novarossi +4

shipped quick

A++++ for carolinas
Old 08-12-2009, 08:51 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Thumbs up

A+++++++++ for the guys, they helpful, friendly, fast and are experienced racers. Cant go wrong imo and the best East Coast online store to my knowledge.
Old 09-09-2009, 07:27 AM
Tech Initiate

Hey Guys,

My name is Jon Martin, and I own Carolinas R/C. First and foremost, I want to apologize for our stock levels being so low over the past few months. As many have stated, the economy, coupled with the U.S. dollar gaining ground over foreign currencies, have cut business significantly over the past 8 months.

Please know that we are doing everything possible in order to increase our stock levels. Our stock of Losi, Associated, Mugen, and Proline parts has been increased over the past month, and we have most parts in most of the time now for these brands. Our next brands to work on will be AKA and Kyosho.

We are a relatively small company...we went from a small mail-order business out of my office selling only Mugen MBX-5 parts to a mid-sized company employing 11 people, with a large hobby shop, and two indoor tracks. All of our employees are racers, and have a passion for this hobby/sport...we are doing what we love, and hope to keep doing it!

We do have some large things coming on the horizon...I can't discuss all of them now, but do know that after 5 years in business, we will be returning to the top tier of providers in the near future. In the mean-time, it is a struggle every day, but we are doing everything we can do to keep our stock and customer service levels high, remain loyal to our customers, and keep our heads up. I understand that you need to purchase items from a place where everything is in stock. We would GREATLY appreciate it if you could support us whenever possible.

If an item is out of stock, but you can wait a week on it, you can order it and we'll ship everything that is in stock immediately, and then ship the backordered items out to you as soon as they arrive back in stock at our expense.

Regarding inventory accuracy, although we have had to cut hours, we just did a full physical inventory last week, and our inventory counts are back wher they should be.

Regarding Customer Service, there are a few ways to get immediate help for your problems:

1. Email [email protected]
2. Online Chat, available at www.CarolinasRC.com Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm
3. Phone call. I'd suggest Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm. We are open longer hours, but many people working during those times are part-timers, and may not be as knowledgable, or be able to give you as many options as the more experienced guys
4. Forums - Alan Burton can help you out on here

If you're not getting satisfactory service, let them know...they are all trained to give FANATICAL customer service, and do more than expected for you. If you're still not happy, please PM me on here, and I'll make sure you get taken care of!

Regards,
Jon Martin
www.CarolinasRC.com
Old 09-09-2009, 07:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

yep, just PM me and I'll help out any way possible.

Thanks!

Oh Jon, do we not have a large order coming in this week?
Old 09-09-2009, 08:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I am just a customer, not sponsored in anyway by Carolinasrc, but can tell you that they are doing everything possible to fulfill orders. On several occasions, they have been able to drop ship items to me as quickly as if they had it in stock. I have spoken to most of the customer service reps there and they are very knowledgeable and go out of their way to help you out.

I know Jon is working hard to get everything just right. I am sure we will all be the beneficiaries of his hard work soon enough.

Pete Caballero
Old 09-09-2009, 08:10 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

recently ordered a couple jr high volt servos and losi lipo reciever packs from carolinas. The shipping was cheap and super fast as they came straight from horizion. I ordered on a Monday and they arrived in ca on a wed. Now that's what call service. I referred a fellow racer to them he wanted a new speed engine. Carolinad gave my buddy a killer price and he should have it n a couple days again here in ca. I can tell you I don't get that kinda customer service at the other online store (I'm sure you knowwhich one I'm talking about) the other guys are ok but carolinas goes the extra mile and really rolls out the red carpet. I have been sucked in to the other stores hype but the bottom line is I am always treated like a king at carolinas. Thanks Alan and the carolinas team.
Old 09-09-2009, 10:15 AM
Tech Regular

I made some purchases at Amain's during Carolinas down-period, so I noticed how slow and unpersonal Amain is compared to Carolinas. Only thing I'm missing now are parts to the Tamiya TRF 801X, and an upgrade of current stock.

All in all, Carolinas gets the A-, but I expect they'll get the A+ back soon!
Old 09-09-2009, 10:50 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I tend to do all my shopping at my LHS which has knowledgeable staff and they treat me well so I support their business. The extra dollar or fifty cents here or there compared to getting something online is worth it to me since they have always had my back. That said, there are some items they don't carry or have distributor contracts for so I sometimes have to get things online.

I haven't shopped at carolinas but just based on the responsiveness and customer service I've seen from Alan, Jon, and Mark in this thread means I will definitely be shopping there in the future.

Last edited by Amoeba; 09-09-2009 at 10:50 AM. Reason: spelling

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.