Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Jato question

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2009, 10:03 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Jato question

A friend of mine just came over with a Brand new jato 3.3 just broke in and we were running it having a blast. I called my Local Shop and they have one in and im wondering what you guys think of them.

is there anything better for the price of the Jato? my hobby shop said he can get parts for any car but only carries, traxxas and such name brands and are easy access for him because he has everything there.
Old 08-01-2009, 11:42 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Ah, the Jato. It's a pretty good play car, not a racer. Parts can be had everywere and it don't cost much(untill you hit something) Just don't run the trassas fuel and you'll have a good time. And, dam it, breck the thing in RIGHT.
Old 08-01-2009, 12:20 PM
Tech Apprentice

well yeah i wouldnt do a bad break in. i had alot of fun with it. im kinda looking at stadium trucks. wasnt sure if the japt 3.3 was the best for the price its at or theres better.

im not planning on racing period this is just for pure fun
Old 08-02-2009, 12:45 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

not a racer!? i race my 2.5 jato at every club race and beat up on gt2 and xxxnt. I'm sure the 3.3 would be a little less capable, but he's not gonna race.

I bashed my 2.5 for years and it was awsome. they can be a little squirrly if your trigger finger is happy. you might also look into the hpi mt2. its 4 wheel drive. i've never driven one but have always wanted to try one out.
Old 08-02-2009, 03:51 PM
Tech Adept

My friend owns a Jato 3.3. Its a ridiculously fast car, but for some reason the tires on the 3.3 are terrible. They have no traction, they're pretty much on-road tires. On-road, the Jato rocks, but off-road the 3.3 can't even handle grass let alone dirt. The Jato 3.3 is pretty much an on-road car with some nice shocks.