Search

EB Mods No Longer Go Engines

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2009, 06:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EBMods
hahahaha,, check out www.jsengines.com
The domain was registered by you and redirected to another domain, in this case www.ebmods.com.

Registrant:
Edward Bridges
*** **** **** Street
Larksville, Pennsylvania 18651
United States

Hope I cleared your "confusion"
Old 08-03-2009, 06:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by maxflo777
Man, I was thinking the exact same thing from the second I saw the internals pic, why no body says the obvious? it looks like the bore and stroke will be 16.00 x 16.60 .

we will know this week for sure
Old 08-03-2009, 06:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by maxflo777
Man, I was thinking the exact same thing from the second I saw the internals pic, why no body says the obvious? it looks like the bore and stroke will be 16.00 x 16.60 .
Bore 16.6/stroke16.0
Old 08-03-2009, 08:31 AM
Tech Regular

Ooops LOL, kinda "undersquared it"

X
Old 08-03-2009, 08:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (88%+)

Originally Posted by Mr. Twister
Bore 16.6/stroke16.0
sounds like vspec and Reedy bore/stroke
Old 08-03-2009, 08:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

wrong bore & stroke..

Last edited by jpalessi; 08-03-2009 at 10:34 AM.
Old 08-03-2009, 04:11 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by German Muscle
Ok i knew that, GRP has said that they are rebuilding the facility as quick as possible to get back on track. Why would you spout off things like that?
this is why

Originally Posted by MadRussian
According to GRP's official statement they will not be producing engines anymore
sorry for the high jack guys back to topic nise to see that ED's finally got a engine that will totally be his from ground up should help to keep the purchase price down a little as oppossed to having to redesign an exsisting product.

good luck Ed hope things go well for you
Old 08-03-2009, 04:16 PM
Tech Addict

The only thing looking at the pics that i don't like is the possition of the Idle screw..but thats just me being fussy I suppose, although it looks alot like a novarossi carb
Old 08-03-2009, 06:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (88%+)

Originally Posted by RETRO RC
The only thing looking at the pics that i don't like is the possition of the Idle screw..but thats just me being fussy I suppose, although it looks alot like a novarossi carb
what do you mean? looks like its in the same place as pretty much every other motor. pics i've seen the carb is on backwards...
Old 08-03-2009, 07:18 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by megasaxon
what do you mean? looks like its in the same place as pretty much every other motor. pics i've seen the carb is on backwards...
when you turn the carb around the idle screw ends up on the underside of the carb makes it a little harder to access thats all
Old 08-03-2009, 09:23 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

this is why

sorry for the high jack guys back to topic nise to see that ED's finally got a engine that will totally be his from ground up should help to keep the purchase price down a little as oppossed to having to redesign an exsisting product.

good luck Ed hope things go well for you
thanks for pointing it out, i didnt see it the other 3 times.
Old 08-03-2009, 10:11 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I here what your saying man I just love guys that come on to forums and make statements about out peoples businesses, when they've probably never run 1 themselves and never will and because of that they will never understand why companies change suppliers.

the change from Go engines more than likely to do with supply of parts, or price of parts than the quality of them... it could also be that Go are now using most of his uprades as standard release now, coated carb slide, wrist pin and crank

From all reports Ed does a great job on his engines and stands behind his product so at the end of the day it shouldn't matter what engine supplier he's using as your buying his end product not theirs.

Also theres no one holding a gun to your head to buy them... it's still your choice....so some people need to learn not to bad mouth other products as not everyone has the same experience as they have and there is no such thing as a perfect company or a perfect product......

sorry for the Rant just my 50c ( I think I went a little over 2c)

Adrian
+1 pretty much the same thing that all of the companies did. Used EB as a testing/designing tool for thier own releases. Like for instance with OS it was the SPEED. With trinity it was thier tuned version, and now I'm sure GO will release thier own tuned version. It sucks really.
Old 08-03-2009, 10:47 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

If I'm not mistaken the motor ed was getting from Go is now going to be know as the mg66 that massive mods is going to start selling, looks like the same exact motor to me.
Old 08-03-2009, 11:35 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by moparsrule
If I'm not mistaken the motor ed was getting from Go is now going to be know as the mg66 that massive mods is going to start selling, looks like the same exact motor to me.
sorry mate very wrong Mark has been producing his own MG66 for quite sometime, and it was before ED did the EBM5, only now the factory is going to produce it for him rather than after market modifications I know because I had 1 of his hand modded MG66's about 5 months before Ed did the EBM5
Old 08-03-2009, 11:40 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY
+1 pretty much the same thing that all of the companies did. Used EB as a testing/designing tool for thier own releases. Like for instance with OS it was the SPEED. With trinity it was thier tuned version, and now I'm sure GO will release thier own tuned version. It sucks really.
Go are producing their own tuned version but it has been designed by Mark from Massive Mods who is also their australasian engine development man.

Where I would say they've used Ed's ideas are on their new GX series engines by using the coated crank, carb slide and wrist pin and they have also changed the rod and sleave design slightly.

thats why this is probably the best move Ed could have made for his own business

Adrian

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.