Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
OS V-Spec II World Edition or Mugen Ninja JX21??? >

OS V-Spec II World Edition or Mugen Ninja JX21???

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OS V-Spec II World Edition or Mugen Ninja JX21???

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2009, 10:17 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by T-spoon
Can anyone tell me the diffetence between the older and the newer ninja engine.Thanks...
the older ninjas were a mario rossi design, similar to the GRP. THe new ninja is an O.S. based disign.

And if you are refering to the new jx verus the older jx. The only difference is the drilled out holes in the cooling head
Old 08-09-2009, 01:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

any one had this prob...my ninja runs good but wont hold a tune? i richend it up so much yesterday during the main and it still boged around the track???
Old 08-09-2009, 01:30 PM
am
Tech Master

So exept for the c-clip, what is the difference between the Os and ninja pistons?

I have messured crank and port timings on the speed and stock v-spec engine and they are not the same, so it is much moore to the difference of theese three enignes than what meets the eyes.
Old 08-09-2009, 07:38 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Originally Posted by am
So exept for the c-clip, what is the difference between the Os and ninja pistons?

I have messured crank and port timings on the speed and stock v-spec engine and they are not the same, so it is much moore to the difference of theese three enignes than what meets the eyes.
I have said it before and Ill say it agian the speed is a highly refined vspec in many ways, thats why it gets a premium price. You get what you pay for.
Old 08-09-2009, 08:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by am

I believe the material on the VSpec/Speed piston is a harder material than the Ninja. The Ninja looks like a micro cast piston, while the VSpec Speed look more like a forged cnc slug material.