Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Servo speed?

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2001, 10:53 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by fatdoggy

Are you sure it's 33% off cause it still says it's full price here. http://www.hobbypeople.net/gallery/444124.htm

Fatdoggy, I you have to call their order line and then ask for it there. I went down to my Hobby Shop and got a servo, but not the one I reccommened above. I bought the CS-75 BBMG. It cost a like 2 dollars more, but it was well worth it. It has a transit speed of .08 and torque of 79.8 oz plus a bonus, its a metal gear servo and has a coreless motor. Jeez I plugged the servo in just to really see how it was and to my surprise it was really loud. Like this big clicking sound. Then I took it back to my LHS and they tested another coreless servo and it sounded, kind the same. Except it was quieter, but the one they tested wasn't metal gear. SO i dunnno, help me out guys, are metal gear coreless servo make a lot of noise when they run?
Old 09-02-2001, 12:08 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by porkybmx
Fatdoggy, I you have to call their order line and then ask for it there.
Or ok thanks. Maybe the gears have some flashing left on them after the molding process and that is what is making the clicking sound. Does the servo function properly?

Last edited by fatdoggy; 09-02-2001 at 12:15 PM.
Old 09-02-2001, 12:15 PM
Tech Elite

My hitec Metal gear is quite...
Old 09-02-2001, 01:02 PM
Tech Adept

Yea, it actually work ok I guess. I have had a metal gear servo before and it never made that much noise at all. So maybe its the coreless servo.
Old 09-02-2001, 08:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 82 (100%+)

thanks dtm! i asked because i wanted to use my 9402 on my jug2 and get a new one for my tc3. i think ill just buy an non-digital hi torque servo for my truck and keep the 9402 on my car.
Old 09-02-2001, 08:55 PM
Tech Elite

Mine is coreless too...
Old 09-03-2001, 04:45 AM
Tech Adept

I would go with a KO, I've had one for a couple of years and its never let me down. The newer digital ones seem to have a much freer gear train so if you can run to it on the money side then do it you won't regret it.
I tried a Hitec once it worked ok was pretty quick but it failed after only a few months. I may have been unlucky and got a rough one but it just seemed that the build quality wasn't there with Hitec. Still you get what you pay for.
Old 09-03-2001, 06:20 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Speedo: Thanks for the multiplex warning. And since I don't see anyone claiming you don't know what your talking about, I'll assume no one has heard any gooood things about the Multiplex.

I think I have pretty much settled on either a KOPropo or JRPropo servo. Depending on when I buy it, I might go with a digital unit. But, I am definitly going for a servo from one of these brands.

Thanks for all the input and feel free to keep posting your thoughts. I appreciate you guys keeping it friendly and keeping your minds open to others thoughts (good or bad) on a servo or brand that you might already own.
Old 09-03-2001, 08:48 AM
Tech Regular

Dark > i have the JR Digital and it rocks!!! I even turn down the speed of the servo with my R1 radio. See a pattern here?

JR ROCKS!!!!! This is the best electronics i have ever purchased. I cant remember the last time i glitched with JR and i only have the FM not the PCM.
Old 09-03-2001, 11:33 AM
Administrator

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

i have been using the airtronics 157-357 series for years, they center well and ar very fast, and strong....i have not tryed a digi servo yet...i am sure they are great...i also have heard bad things about multiplex...and as for hitec....you could not give me one.....they do not center.....a buddy of mine had one in his gas sedan as the throttle-brake servo, it would not center...the car would drive itself....it was horrrible....he piched it and got a futaba9403, it workes great.....

on a nother note, gas ppl, you dont want a servo that is too fast on your throttle-brake servo...it will make the car very sensitive...a air 767 is a great one for that...if you can find one....
Old 09-03-2001, 11:35 AM
Regional Moderator

A friend of mine from the track also sings very high praises of the JR servos. I have yet to hear anything bad about them or KOpropo. Now its just down to picking which servo from one of those two brands. I wont be an easy choice, I can see that. But, at least I cant go wrong with either brand.
Old 09-03-2001, 11:42 AM
Regional Moderator

Mr. Losi: another note about the gas cars and the throttle. You have to be careful with the super strong servos as a throttle servo. They can and will tear your carb right off if you have your ranges set wrong with the transmitter. Its nice to have a strong servo for the brakes, but if you get the ranges wrong it can be BAD! To give you idea of how easy this can happen, I had a standard servo on my Pirate10 buggy. When I had the range of travel wrong on it, it could actually push the whole motor out of place and screw up the gear mesh. And thats just a standard servo with aobut 55oz/in. of torque. Imagine what one of those 91oz/in.+ servos could do if you get the travel range wrong!
Old 09-03-2001, 12:18 PM
Tech Elite

Darkside, I have a JR 4750 servo. The 4735 is the same price. The 4735 is faster, but the 4750 is alot smoother, it is .12 and has something like 91oz/in of torque. It is sooo smooth! (non-digi though)
Old 09-03-2001, 02:20 PM
Tech Elite

Talking

These prices are pretty good for KO servos. I like the look of the
PDS-2143 for $80 and it's - High Speed Digital Type - Metal Gears - 54.5.0g - 38x41x20mm - Torque / 8.0kg-cm - Speed / 0.08s / 60° - Double Bearings, Coreless Motor - Supply Voltage 6.0V

http://controlcentre.rctech.net/home...ervo.htm#servo
Old 09-03-2001, 02:21 PM
Regional Moderator

Speedo: that was one of the servos I was considering. But, the KOPropo 2173(.09@114oz/in) is .03 faster and 18oz/in stronger for about the same price. And for those who might be wondering, yes those numbers are at 6.0v.

But, neither of those are digital Their still fast and strong though.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.