Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Did Sorex Tires Change? >

Did Sorex Tires Change?

Did Sorex Tires Change?

Old 07-27-2009, 02:00 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default Did Sorex Tires Change?

Our track uses Sorex tires as a spec tire. We got a new shipment in this week and some folks with tires from the new shipment have been having some issues with abnormal wear on them. The tires have been wearing much faster and get kind of "crumbly". Lots of rubber is left on the inside of the body. Not sure if its something to do with the track or the new batch of tires. Any ideas if something changed with the Sorex tires recently?
Old 07-27-2009, 02:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Are these premounts or just the tires that you have to buy insert and rims for? If they are premounts, it might be that something changed there as well.

For example did you guys used to use the speedmind/sorex premount and now you are using the SpeedWorld/sorex premount?

Steve
Old 07-27-2009, 02:21 PM
Tech Champion

We have used the speedmind combo all along. 3 years
Old 07-27-2009, 02:36 PM
Tech Adept

Maybe just a bad batch...
Old 07-27-2009, 02:40 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by or8ital
We have used the speedmind combo all along. 3 years
I don't think that anyone is the greater Seattle area has said much about the Sorex' tires lately in a negative way. They still seem to be the most popular tire here. I personally have not raced much at all lately so I can't say much at all from my point of view.

It may be just a bad batch, at least I hope so because when I do start racing again Sorex are my favorite.

Steve
Old 07-27-2009, 03:40 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

if Turtlemaster Racing sponsered you for the sizzler could you/ would you race. entry fee and 3 sets of tires
Old 07-27-2009, 03:50 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by skypilot
if Turtlemaster Racing sponsered you for the sizzler could you/ would you race. entry fee and 3 sets of tires
I would Luv to race the Sizzler and I am trying to get the needed parts for my Serpent but I am having the most difficult time selling a few items now

Does Turtlemaster racing have a second car? Also do I need to sign some sort of agreement that I can't race for the win, if in fact some miracle happens and I am in position to win, do I have to throw the race for my new sponsor.

Note to Ritchie, this is meant as a joke because I have still yet to drive a BL motor or a Lipo battery, shows you how long I have been "out of the game", so it is NOT at all likely I will even be doing well, much less in position to WIN

Also, is some chicken included?

Steve
Old 07-27-2009, 03:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 108 (99%+)

The abnormal wear could be due to the awesomeness of the VHT that was sprayed!
Old 07-27-2009, 04:12 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by corallyman
I would Luv to race the Sizzler and I am trying to get the needed parts for my Serpent but I am having the most difficult time selling a few items now

Does Turtlemaster racing have a second car? Also do I need to sign some sort of agreement that I can't race for the win, if in fact some miracle happens and I am in position to win, do I have to throw the race for my new sponsor.

Note to Ritchie, this is meant as a joke because I have still yet to drive a BL motor or a Lipo battery, shows you how long I have been "out of the game", so it is NOT at all likely I will even be doing well, much less in position to WIN

Also, is some chicken included?

Steve
first apoligies to everyone for side tracking the thread for a moment...

steve, i think last time we raced together or against each other was the sizzler a few years ago. i have a third car but its already out on loan, really would like to get you out on the track again, if you can't get anything going, I'll loan you the 13.5 car ready to go, just bind and drive. or install your own rcvr. with the talent pool of mod guys thats going to be there i probably should put all my effort into that anyway.

chicken for sure, mild or spicy, red beans and rice or cole slaw
Old 07-27-2009, 05:41 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by swimbikerun
The abnormal wear could be due to the awesomeness of the VHT that was sprayed!
if by awesome you mean some douche sprayed too much... then right on!

just kidding, we know you only sprayed "your" line which means the real line got just the right amount.