Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2009, 10:44 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

My $20 duratrax gun has done me well.
Old 07-27-2009, 10:45 AM
Tech Regular

LOL Mark..

Yes, I do. You see me all the time and say hey.

I'm the tall guy (skinny) thats up there on Sundays and Tuesdays, and sometimes Thursdays usually by myself with no pit man.. lol

I was the one talking with you about the carb lock springs and about how the guy that was selling them said your Avatar looked like a MUG shot lol..

I can change my avatar to a pic of me if you can't remember.

Old 07-27-2009, 11:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I have one of those PE-1 temp guns. I left it on my pit table once exposed to the sun and the it kept bugging out and displaying error readings lol.(keep out of sensitive areas)
Old 07-27-2009, 11:39 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RJNicholson
LOL Mark..

Yes, I do. You see me all the time and say hey.

I'm the tall guy (skinny) thats up there on Sundays and Tuesdays, and sometimes Thursdays usually by myself with no pit man.. lol

I was the one talking with you about the carb lock springs and about how the guy that was selling them said your Avatar looked like a MUG shot lol..

I can change my avatar to a pic of me if you can't remember.

Oh snap, lol. I know who you are . But for some reason I don't know the name "RJ". What do you normally go by?

Come up on Thursday if you can. It's a great day to practice and it's quiet enough to talk tech and such.
Old 07-27-2009, 11:44 AM
Tech Elite

A friend has a exergen that is over 15 years old. It's still accurate. He bought a new one as he wasn't sure his old one was reading right. It was fine. Now he has a back-up. Exergen is the only real choice to me.
Old 07-27-2009, 01:01 PM
Tech Regular

I go by Richard

RJ is for Richard John (middle name).

My family calls me RJ and it kinda stuck, so I use it a lot for Screen names and user names lol.

I get off early on Thursdays, so I'm going to try and make it by there more to get in more practice. (Everyone knows I could use it). Hopefully I don't have to watch the little one while my 5 year old is at cheerleading.

It seems my daughters are slowly making their way into my RC Budget, but from what I heard thats what girls do. And I have a house full (4 total including the wife). I love the quiet and just the sound of an engine or tech talk. You can only imagine the sound(s)/screams I deal with all day at home. I have the joy of being able to work from home.

I had a Losi Temp Driver, and I loved it (until the track at INDY ate it). Looks like I will be getting a Fluke or Exergen now. Depends on if I have the money when I get the bug to finally buy it. I'm the kind of person that even if its 100+ more in cost if I have the money I buy it.
Old 07-27-2009, 01:42 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Also, I bet you won't get a nice warranty with those 40 dollar temp guns. You buy a fluke or anything above 100 bucks I would be shocked if they didn't have some sort of 2+ year warranty.

my original OD gun failed......They send me 4 more within the next 4-6 month's....Not once did they charge me Nor did they want the old guns back....Everything has a warranty...weather its stated on the package or not...the company will rarely if EVER leave you in the dark....they do want to keep you happy after all.
Old 07-27-2009, 01:56 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Integra
my original OD gun failed......They send me 4 more within the next 4-6 month's....Not once did they charge me Nor did they want the old guns back....Everything has a warranty...weather its stated on the package or not...the company will rarely if EVER leave you in the dark....they do want to keep you happy after all.
+1 I have noticed that the RC Industry (corporate/independent) has stayed true to what I call "Old School American Values" and putting you the consumer first and above their product 99% of the time. I can see why this Hobby grows every year, and I can say I will continue to pump money into it until I die.

It's great to find a community (RC) that looks at everyone involved as a friend and not another dollar.. Maybe sometimes a friend with a dollar, but still a friend first!!
Old 07-27-2009, 02:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

+1 I have noticed that the RC Industry (corporate/independent) has stayed true to what I call "Old School American Values" and putting you the consumer first and above their product 99% of the time. I can see why this Hobby grows every year, and I can say I will continue to pump money into it until I die.

It's great to find a community (RC) that looks at everyone involved as a friend and not another dollar.. Maybe sometimes a friend with a dollar, but still a friend first!!
Hopefully it stays that way, but as the number of people who follow it grows - so does the opportunity to abuse the easy going policies.
Old 07-27-2009, 03:09 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Exergen
Old 07-27-2009, 03:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Frank L
Fluke does make good products. I just cant imagine how much better this temp gun is, it looks the same as the raytec and rite temp and several others that look identical.
that's because fluke bought out raytek a while back and i believe now uses their IR technology. if you look on the raytek website it says "a fluke company" on their logo. do a search on the raytek mt4 and compare it to the fluke 62. the housing is pretty much the same, just different colors. i bet raytek manufactures the fluke 62's for their parent company.
Old 07-27-2009, 03:49 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Well people have said the PE-1 is good, so my question is, do you think the PE-2 is worth the extra $20?
Old 07-27-2009, 03:56 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by unsp0ken
that's because fluke bought out raytek a while back and i believe now uses their IR technology. if you look on the raytek website it says "a fluke company" on their logo. do a search on the raytek mt4 and compare it to the fluke 62. the housing is pretty much the same, just different colors. i bet raytek manufactures the fluke 62's for their parent company.
That makes a lot of sense. When Fluke came out with that, I thought it was odd. Using existing RayTek technology makes a lot of [dollars &] sense for them.

I assume they can charge mad bucks for the one that has "Fluke" printed on it compared to the same model that has "Raytek" on it.