Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Timing???Porting???

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2009, 07:15 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Timing???Porting???

I have been reading and researchingfor about three years now on two stroke engines and how they work,timing,porting etc...I get tidbits here and there on the internet and forums but I was wondering if there is a two stroke engine bible???Something comprehesive and complete from top to bottem.Doesnt need to be hard core advanced ...just something to read,research and learn with.Can anybody point me in hte right direction
Old 07-26-2009, 07:18 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

http://edj.net/2stroke/jennings/
Old 07-26-2009, 08:04 AM
Tech Initiate

Wowo,thanks man,jsut took a quick glance and thats the kind of stuff Iam looking for.I appreciate the info,now its time to take it all in,and make some sense of it all.Good stuff
Old 07-26-2009, 03:00 PM
Tech Adept

Hey Nord,

Just keep in the back of your mind that Sean's link relates to two-strokes dependent upon an outside ignition source. Nitro engines are auto igniting engines, and dependent upon correct compression ratio & temp (influanced by nitro %). At their core they work the same, but when you begin to introduce changes to the timing of the sleeve ports, deck height & pipe. ...well the auto igntion of a nitro engine requires a slightly different approach to performance.

but in essance they are the same.
Old 07-26-2009, 03:50 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chunk t
Hey Nord,

Just keep in the back of your mind that Sean's link relates to two-strokes dependent upon an outside ignition source. Nitro engines are auto igniting engines, and dependent upon correct compression ratio & temp (influanced by nitro %). At their core they work the same, but when you begin to introduce changes to the timing of the sleeve ports, deck height & pipe. ...well the auto igntion of a nitro engine requires a slightly different approach to performance.

but in essance they are the same.
Very true. Also the bulk of the information is about piston port engines while ours are really just a funny type of rotary valve but most of the information is still valid.