Community
Wiki Posts
Search

T4 Front Right A Arm Breaking

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2009, 10:11 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I agree the Lhs prices should not be higher than manufactures retail price.
If they are over priced tell them what you can get the parts for online & see if they will come down closer to that price. I would still pay more at my Lhs that provides a track than buy online.
Old 07-28-2009, 03:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ansel
I agree the Lhs prices should not be higher than manufactures retail price.
If they are over priced tell them what you can get the parts for online & see if they will come down closer to that price. I would still pay more at my Lhs that provides a track than buy online.
Shops do have over heads, so it is fair for their prices to be a tad more than on line. I have shopped on line myself, no secret there. However I will look at convenience over price, unless of course its a blatantly obvious rip off.
I find having shop loyalty is a good thing as down the tack things get cheaper.
Old 07-28-2009, 03:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

i would rather spend 5 doallars more on something at my lhs than online but the problem is sometimes my hobby shop doesnt have the parts
Old 07-28-2009, 03:30 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

This thread is way off subject , but you guys should be happy that you have a hobby shop you can walk in and buy some parts off of the shelf and go home to fix your ride. Sure they might not everything but sometimes that is the way it is at LHS.

However in my case my so called shop is about 30-40 mins away (most of that is highway driving), and all they want to do is have you order through them just so I have to stop back in a few days later to pick up what I need. But the other issue with them is that most of the stuff that I would need can't be bought through them, so when it is all said and done I would much rather shop on-line as it is far easier for me.