Wiki Posts
Search

does anyone know how big the order will be

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2009, 09:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default does anyone know how big the order will be

for the ninja's that will be coming in early august? I want to make sure i get one. The thing is i cannot place a order now while it's on backorder because i will not have my money together until the first week of august.

will there be enough to go around? Cannot find one anywhere right now. I am corresponding with someone that will hook me up when the time comes. Guess i am looking for some insurance.
Old 07-25-2009, 10:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

a bunch
Old 07-25-2009, 11:03 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Is this new ninja engine still os based? Where do I find any specs or info. This is the 1st time I hqv heard of a new ninja engine.
Old 07-25-2009, 11:50 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Frank L
Is this new ninja engine still os based? Where do I find any specs or info. This is the 1st time I hqv heard of a new ninja engine.
Yes they are o.s. based
Old 07-25-2009, 01:53 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dreaux
for the ninja's that will be coming in early august? I want to make sure i get one. The thing is i cannot place a order now while it's on backorder because i will not have my money together until the first week of august.

will there be enough to go around? Cannot find one anywhere right now. I am corresponding with someone that will hook me up when the time comes. Guess i am looking for some insurance.
I dont think the average person on here would know if there will be enough engines for you to get one.....You need to find out where your going to order it from and ask them, Im sure you will be able to get one somewhere...are they really in that high of demand, and where do you get these questions from???
Old 07-25-2009, 06:17 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

There is no new ninja, they have just been on backorder everywhere for some time. Same os based ninja JX that you know of.
Old 07-25-2009, 08:05 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY
There is no new ninja, they have just been on backorder everywhere for some time. Same os based ninja JX that you know of.
I was thinking where have I been under a rock or something. That makes sense now. Its the new B01A with the lightened head. Ok I have noticed that they have been backordered for awhile.

BTW I was wondering if anyone had any comparrison from running an OS speed and the B01A Ninja engines. pros and cons besided the obvious 170 bucks??
Old 07-25-2009, 08:27 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I was thinking where have I been under a rock or something. That makes sense now. Its the new B01A with the lightened head. Ok I have noticed that they have been backordered for awhile.

BTW I was wondering if anyone had any comparrison from running an OS speed and the B01A Ninja engines. pros and cons besided the obvious 170 bucks??
IMO the Speed is not worth the extra money...Both make great useable power, but the JX has more grunt on the bottom. With the right clutch, pipe, and restrictor it is hard to tell the difference in the two on the track. I did not get great life out of my Speeds for whatever reason. My JX's however get well over 6 gallons usually without needing bearings or losing compression. Get the JX and put the money elsewhere..
Old 07-25-2009, 08:32 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by s porter
IMO the Speed is not worth the extra money...Both make great useable power, but the JX has more grunt on the bottom. With the right clutch, pipe, and restrictor it is hard to tell the difference in the two on the track. I did not get great life out of my Speeds for whatever reason. My JX's however get well over 6 gallons usually without needing bearings or losing compression. Get the JX and put the money elsewhere..
I have a speed and I love it, but I was wondering if there was a noticeable difference. I bought the speed and an EB mods head button (another 55 bucks) and I love it. So there's 475 for the speed and 55 for the button. Thats a lot for an engine. But so far I have 3 gallons on it and it feels great, I did replace the front bearing but I expect that from any engine every 2-3 gallons.. Tuning is excellent and power is unbelievable, especially when the straight is long enough for it to open all the way up.

What pipe do you suggest for the ninja in a 8t 2.0? Right now I have a mugen 2042 and L shaped header on the speed.
Old 07-25-2009, 09:42 PM
Tech Elite

I am in the same position myself. Looking for a new engine. I had settled on the speed but decieded to go with the ninja because i have heard nothing but great things about them. I will be running mugen light weight aluminum shoes with 1.0 springs and a losi re11. Does this setup sound legit? might go ahead and get the ninja pipe and manifold. But only if i have to.