Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Answer-RC Clutch Shoes, how are they?

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2009, 10:14 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default Answer-RC Clutch Shoes, how are they?

I have been using OFNA silver clutch shoes for quite a while now and have had excellent results with them. But I recently found this site called Answer-RC and they have some aluminum clutch shoes for a good price, so I figured I would ask how they were before I bought them.

I am looking at the aluminum Answer-RC 3 Shoe Clutch High Bite Low Wear clutch shoes. http://answer-rcusa.com/zencart/inde...&products_id=4

So has anyone tried these before? If so, how do they compare to OFNA silver aluminum clutch shoes (If you have used both) ?

Thanks for any help or suggestions!

-Chris
Old 07-23-2009, 10:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Krawlin
I have been using OFNA silver clutch shoes for quite a while now and have had excellent results with them. But I recently found this site called Answer-RC and they have some aluminum clutch shoes for a good price, so I figured I would ask how they were before I bought them.

I am looking at the aluminum Answer-RC 3 Shoe Clutch High Bite Low Wear clutch shoes. http://answer-rcusa.com/zencart/inde...&products_id=4

So has anyone tried these before? If so, how do they compare to OFNA silver aluminum clutch shoes (If you have used both) ?

Thanks for any help or suggestions!

-Chris
Chris - Can't tell you first hand (because I haven't run them yet), but I just ordered a couple of sets for myself and will be able to tell you more soon.

Not sure if you noticed though that the shoes come with 4 X 3 different sets of weight springs so they are even more reasonably priced than you might have thought.
Old 07-23-2009, 10:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

Sorry just saw that you run a 3 shoe clutch - I run a 4.

So the shoes come with 3 sets of 3 different weight springs.
Old 07-23-2009, 10:41 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Cool, I am curious to know how they perform for you.

Anyone else try these shoes?
Old 07-23-2009, 11:48 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

I have been using them for 6 months..I tried Dynamite Max lifes, Jammin red's, Ofna, King headz, Impulse, and the stock XRAY shoes before I switched to Answer..The answer shoes by my record are the longest lasting by far. i got 4 gallons on my last set, they have an offset bevel so you dont need those stupid little shims on your flywheel, and like stated above, they come with 3 soft, 3 medium, and 3 hard springs, so you can tweek your engagement to suit your needs. i recommend starting with 1 gold and 2 black springs, that will give you some pep when you blip the throttle, but also allow the bell to lock, when you gun it..as with all aluminum shoes they need de-burring but not nearly as much as some others, and they are not a heavy, nor a light shoe..i would guess they are right about 1.9-2.0 grams, but thats just a guess
Old 07-24-2009, 12:18 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Just ordered some up and will let you know how they are. Their products look very promising and Mike is a great guy to deal with.
Old 07-24-2009, 08:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Like Jaz says i have tried every possible shoe and spring combo on my 8t and found the answer shoes to be the ticket. With the losi set up i like 2 gold 2 silver springs. Usually get 3 gallons on a set of shoes changing the springs out once or twice. Just keep them deburred. Buy the answer clutch bell also, seems to work better as a package.
Old 07-24-2009, 08:53 AM
JUD
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I have used both. The answer shoes last much longer. And there cheaper. Answer is the was to go!!!!
Old 07-24-2009, 09:01 AM
Tech Initiate

Again, the answer shoes have lasted me 2 gallons so far...They really bite well, and with 3 sets of springs, what more could you ask for! Excellent price.
Old 07-24-2009, 01:12 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 163 (100%+)

they are good shoes, i have been running them for a long time now, they last a long time and are priced right, plus you dont have to use those little washers to space them off of the flywheel
Old 07-24-2009, 05:59 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

i ordered & the shipping is fassst amazing i'm from u.s. territories thank you to the answer rcusa ,anyway i will test it today i will try the silver spring 1.0 its for my rc8t i will let you guys know
Old 07-24-2009, 06:12 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jim101092
Again, the answer shoes have lasted me 2 gallons so far...They really bite well, and with 3 sets of springs, what more could you ask for! Excellent price.
+1
I use them in my Truggy and I am heavy handed. 2gallons no issues. Was using Jammin silver also. Comparable in performance but not longevity Answers are much better and a lot less deburring.
Old 07-24-2009, 06:20 PM
Tech Addict

I ran the RC8 shoes by Answer RC last weekend, Great wear characteristics, but they hang??

The shoes have the bevel or machine in spacer so you do not have to run the teflon spacer, the shoes were hanging on the Flywheel bevel that the Nut tightens down on. I tried to add the teflon spacer anyway, but then the shoes do not line up. Any ideas???

Again, this is on a RC8
Old 07-24-2009, 06:29 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

speedski lol i can feel you i encountered that too today for my rc8t i heard some peeps they cut something on the (other) alum. shoes so that wont touch ?? but for me i dont do that i will stick to it ............i understand that your talking about the flywheel bevel thats why wont line up ,earlier thinking to grind it but forget it i wont bother it
Old 07-24-2009, 06:31 PM
Tech Elite

I know the owner of answer rc over in Europe and I know they sell a lot of them over there. We have had some team guys running them over here for several months now because he wanted to know if the conditions over here were as radically different as everyone thinks compared to tracks, etc... over there. (They run on grass, etc...)

Caster Racing sells clutches, springs, carbon, teflon, and aluminum shoes, etc... But I told him that we would gladly try to help them out as best we could. I have personally heard no one complaining about them, but most of our guys are experienced with other brands and quirks, etc....

Hope it helps, just my 2 cents.

But yes, the standoffs that they are using and no washer is definitely the bomb.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.